WTF is a "hoon"?

Smart

In an unrelated Google news search I learned that some guy in WA got his Lamboughini impounded because of 'anti-hooning' laws. I'm pretty certain this was in NZ or Au, not Washington but I dunno enough about those countries to associate a place with the WA abbreviation... and... 'hooning'?

'Do you know why I pulled you over?'

'release the hoons...'

571591011_4saknsy.jpg.13c91b2a976fd6a5f9cea8ecf6207f14.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

heard about this one on the radio today:

(copied from bbc news)

Switzerland doesn't mess around when it comes to speeding tickets. Get caught with a lead foot in the land of Alpine vistas and serious chocolate and the cost of your transgression won't be based on a flat rate for the infraction, it will be based on how wealthy you are. An unnamed driver of a Ferrari Testarossa found this out the hard way when he was caught driving 85 miles per hour through the village of St. Gallen. According to the BBC News, the driver was a repeat offender and his crime was going 35 mph over the speeding limit.

The punishment? How about £180,000 ($290,000 in U.S. funds), or enough money to purchase two or three Testarossas on eBay. That ungodly sum is reported to be more than double the previously costliest ticket, though we're pretty sure the new record holder probably isn't celebrating. Don't feel too bad for the unnamed offender, though, as he is reportedly worth $22.7 million and he owns a villa and five luxury cars. We don't know about you, but we've certainly pulled back our tears.

Seriously. The Swiss are on to something.

Yeah, with the banking and the money... I wish I was a Swiss Banker.

As far as Switzerland goes, I'm still drumming up funding for an article I plan to write. I have a theory that on a certain undisclosed date each year, every Swiss citizen enters a bank acting normally (sedate and reserved), and then they all strip off their clothes and have a massive orgy on the piles of money. At the very least I think they wipe their asses with the bills if it's not full on fornication on money piles.

Companies like the NY Times have entertained picking up this story but they always want evidence. I try to explain that this is the fundamental problem with exposing corruption. I need to get over there, under cover and probably experience a few non-banking related orgies before they actually invite me into the vault. So far, none of the major news conglomorates has stepped up to fund me, Fox made an offer but it was gonna end up as some stupid reality show so... nah. Anyway, if you want to fund me you can hit up my PM and we'll see how that turns out.

As far as 'hoons' are concerned, yeah it was that story about the huge fine for the Ferrari driver that got me on to this. I 'clicked on related links' and that's where I stumbled onto the vast universe of anti-hoon sentiment... Fuckin' Hoons!

^it is in his blog.

hoons are guys who like to do burnouts and try to drift and spend every waking moment talking about cars and how they are gonna put in a turbo.

i got a few friends who are hoons, for the most part they will be middle class blue collar workers their entire lives and the people they associate with are brain dead

A hoon is kinda like a henweigh

Oh, now it makes sense...

*I should point out that all those 'Roo's and Emu's have had to be converted to 'right hand drive' or have been forced off the road in recent years, fucking racist driving laws...

and NOW for Ignition's payoff:

"What's a henweigh?"

Like nobody's ever heard of a dickfor.

• Like 1