Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
earl broclo ESQ

Upper Playground ad.....CLICK IT

Anyone else getting the Upper Playground ads?

I know a lot of you guys complain that the ads don't really hit your interest button, but this shit has a ton of content.

Click through it, check out the t-shirts, the blogs, the videos (Ricky Powell always makes me laugh for some reason). There's a ton of good shit on here if you've never checked out what they have to offer.

Re: Upper Playground ad.....

The features section has a bunch of good studio visits and interviews. The blogs are pretty dope as well. I'm pretty psyched to finally see an ad like this running on here.

I am one of those few who don't get this ad/ haven't yet.

Also after that big ad that spanned across the whole top of the screen there has just been nothing there for a while. Not even the old thing that was there that took up half of the screen while the other half was an ad. Weird.

Yeah, the ads are probably geotagged so not everyone gets them all at once. That sucks. I've been getting the same thing as you since the Miller banner isn't coming up on my computer.

But if you do get the Upper Playground banner, click it. Actually, if you're getting any ads, click them to help out.

Try going to this page:

http://www.12ozprophet.com/

They usually run ads on the main page more often than the forums.

i was shocked to actually like a bunch of the stuff they had on there :lol: prolly get a couple shirts.

I had a look at the upper playground one because the banner caught my attention with the cassettes, I was surprised there was a lot of cool stuff on there, if my christmas list wasn't already filled I would definitely have got the wife to buy me some stuff from there for Xmas.

that mural is dope. i like the crazy wavey style he uses for texture and shading

and then theres these

a40_up_raygun.jpg

i need a new set of headphones but you can't buy these, they're only giving them away.

them shits would look fresh selling insurance over the phone :lol:

Even though I haven't seen the ad, UP are good people...IMO this is the first ad on 12 oz that actually makes sense, these guys do a lot of good stuff for the graffiti scene.

This probably seems strange coming from me, but it's sincere. Hell, I even have one of their shirts...it was free, but still.

don't be coy, you love them.

I wouldn't go that far, but there's very few street wear companies out there that I truly respect, and even less that I would cosign...their approach has been solid since day one, I remember when they first started out and they've never been corny. They've stuck to their original plan of promoting graphic art and design via clothing, representation and art shows and they've given quite a few writers a boost along the way.

It's good when someone does it right and sets an example by not selling out, and for that they deserve some recognition and support.

FUCK Upper Playground - They used my homies for an add and never paid them correctly. Plus I heard they are now a FRANCHISE and a sell out ass company. Plus the people are gay as fuck in the Portland store. FUCK EM

I wouldn't go that far, but there's very few street wear companies out there that I truly respect, and even less that I would cosign...their approach has been solid since day one, I remember when they first started out and they've never been corny. They've stuck to their original plan of promoting graphic art and design via clothing, representation and art shows and they've given quite a few writers a boost along the way.

It's good when someone does it right and sets an example by not selling out, and for that they deserve some recognition and support.

YOU got it all wrong homie - Fuck them and their gay ass walrus - they SOLD OUT a long time ago

If your friend can't get paid for the work he does, then that's at least half his fault.

Did he go in there and try to handle it right or did he make a scene and say things like "PAY ME, BITCH?" in the store? If it was the latter then of course he's not gonna get results, that's not how you do business.

He should get a hold of the head office in SF and tell them what happened. They're good people, they don't want to screw anyone over.

Or if this is just you bitching because there's sand in your clam, stop for a minute and ask yourself- compared to UP, what have I done to promote graffiti and art? Take note of any difference there.

Upper Playground has had a reputation for ripping off artists for a long time.

They always have a %50 off everything sale around Black Sunday but didn't have it this year, kind of sucks as I normally load up on gear, prints and odds and ends around the house.

saw this ad yesterday. clicked it. looked around. now i have only mac ads again.

edit: just saw an ad for 50 cent cologne. really wtf?? clicked it anyways.

YOU got it all wrong homie - Fuck them and their gay ass walrus - they SOLD OUT a long time ago

What makes them a "sell out"?

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now