Upper Playground ad.....CLICK IT

earl broclo ESQ

Anyone else getting the Upper Playground ads?

I know a lot of you guys complain that the ads don't really hit your interest button, but this shit has a ton of content.

Click through it, check out the t-shirts, the blogs, the videos (Ricky Powell always makes me laugh for some reason). There's a ton of good shit on here if you've never checked out what they have to offer.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, the ads are probably geotagged so not everyone gets them all at once. That sucks. I've been getting the same thing as you since the Miller banner isn't coming up on my computer.

But if you do get the Upper Playground banner, click it. Actually, if you're getting any ads, click them to help out.

Try going to this page:

http://www.12ozprophet.com/

They usually run ads on the main page more often than the forums.

Even though I haven't seen the ad, UP are good people...IMO this is the first ad on 12 oz that actually makes sense, these guys do a lot of good stuff for the graffiti scene.

This probably seems strange coming from me, but it's sincere. Hell, I even have one of their shirts...it was free, but still.

don't be coy, you love them.

I wouldn't go that far, but there's very few street wear companies out there that I truly respect, and even less that I would cosign...their approach has been solid since day one, I remember when they first started out and they've never been corny. They've stuck to their original plan of promoting graphic art and design via clothing, representation and art shows and they've given quite a few writers a boost along the way.

It's good when someone does it right and sets an example by not selling out, and for that they deserve some recognition and support.

I wouldn't go that far, but there's very few street wear companies out there that I truly respect, and even less that I would cosign...their approach has been solid since day one, I remember when they first started out and they've never been corny. They've stuck to their original plan of promoting graphic art and design via clothing, representation and art shows and they've given quite a few writers a boost along the way.

It's good when someone does it right and sets an example by not selling out, and for that they deserve some recognition and support.

YOU got it all wrong homie - Fuck them and their gay ass walrus - they SOLD OUT a long time ago

If your friend can't get paid for the work he does, then that's at least half his fault.

Did he go in there and try to handle it right or did he make a scene and say things like "PAY ME, BITCH?" in the store? If it was the latter then of course he's not gonna get results, that's not how you do business.

He should get a hold of the head office in SF and tell them what happened. They're good people, they don't want to screw anyone over.

Or if this is just you bitching because there's sand in your clam, stop for a minute and ask yourself- compared to UP, what have I done to promote graffiti and art? Take note of any difference there.

Upper Playground has had a reputation for ripping off artists for a long time.

Never heard about it. I have several friends that have dealt with them and I've never heard anything but good things. And this guy being his "friend's" hype man and pointing the sell out finger...I mean, if you're down for your people, go handle biz. Don't cry on someone else's behalf about it on the internet...and before you call anyone a sell out, ask yourself what you do for a living and if it's selling out to get paid. If you do it for free, you're a better man than most.

And from a real world perspective, my take on this is that artists can be extremely fucking flaky for all kinds of reasons good, bad, and ugly, and they tend to have unreasonable expectations in business matters...they rarely put anything in writing and when things get screwed up, they tend to always blame the collector/gallery/rep/store in question. Not all artists fall into this category, but trust me when I say that I've heard some horror stories that didn't make sense until I heard both sides of the matter...and nine times out of ten the artist fucked up or failed to be diligent and screwed themselves.

Shit, I probably have a couple hundred dollars in consignment checks floating around out there for stuff I dropped off and never collected on. A few years ago, one gallery sent me a $250 check out of the blue for a piece I had completely forgotten about...they saw my friend and he gave them my address so they could pay me. I used the money to pay my light bill, went out to dinner and then promptly spent the rest of it on heroin.

Until we can lace Raven with the kind of money he needs to keep this place going, the best thing we can do is just keep the negativity to ourselves. (God knows I've had to do so on a couple occasions.) If you really feel strongly about it, PM someone in charge...but keep in mind that the company that selects the ads is completely separate from 12 oz.

If your friend can't get paid for the work he does, then that's at least half his fault.

Did he go in there and try to handle it right or did he make a scene and say things like "PAY ME, BITCH?" in the store? If it was the latter then of course he's not gonna get results, that's not how you do business.

He should get a hold of the head office in SF and tell them what happened. They're good people, they don't want to screw anyone over.

Or if this is just you bitching because there's sand in your clam, stop for a minute and ask yourself- compared to UP, what have I done to promote graffiti and art? Take note of any difference there.

Why are you all up on their nuts? You probably rock "The Hundreds" also.:lol: :lol:

My homies were used in a PHOTO shoot for an add that was WIDELY used for U.P. and all they got was a lousy T Shirt!!! If you know them tell them their PORTLAND OREGON STORE is a piece of shit and the people in there are gay as fuck!! And yes i told the employees in the store the same thing. Dumb ass bitches working in there who have no idea whats going on except for Banksy And Shepherd.Maybe the SF dudes are aiight but that store is making them look bad.