80's-90's MEMORIES

poop stache

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
yeah, but annoying buck-toothed kids running around & all... even when i was one of them, i remember hating that after my second time - money wasted on countless tickets for what, a handful of plastic mcclusterfucks i would end up breaking for fun in half an hour? & those family eatery/ball pit/birthday party arcade joints only have corny games

shit... the dimly-lit, dirty places without cameras were the best (pladium was still dope, though) - the ones in the downtown core, east end plazas, etc... places a cop, or a whale would know you were up to no good if you looked over 18 - places with the nudie games in the "back", which were actually two steps above the main floor without barriers :D

the lady & i was at this bigass mall &, i was stoked to see they had an arcade that was actually dedicated to being one... i ran in, but the place sucked (half of the machines were those retarded pulley/prize-winning scams or "hoop-shot" ones). they also operated on the retarded card system, where you have to charge money into said card (they do this not to only charge you a base fee for the card, but because i am assuming the small amount of money left over from every card, where the holder did not want to play anymore because they did not want to pump more money into it, but had almost enough for another game accumulates fast... into higher profit... fucking pixel gypsies). i said fuckit & left. playdium operated on cards back in the day too, but that shit was 5-6 floors of every arcade game in existence, so one could never complain

these dimly-lit & dirty arcades have basically evolved into your everyday, run-down internet cafes, it appears. fuck those places

virtua cop = COP

anybody used to go to Pool halls to shoot Pool? You know you rent the table by the hour and play as many games as you can?Those are all gone now.

we used to go to a really seedy one down from our school- Stolen goods under the end table, drugs deals taking place (we bought our first weed there). They would sell us a beer on friday afternoon from a case behind the counter. We used to cut at recess and then hang out there for the rest of the day. The guy was cool and if the school rang would say there were no students there.

Then just before I left I was arrested for stealing my chem teacher's car. I was actually at the pool hall at the time playing pool but when the police rang the pool hall the guy stuck to his guns and blew my alibi out the window by denying we were there. Luckily it turned out somebody else had stolen the car so I got off but it was close thing.

walked past where the pool hall was it's now a sex shop.

• Like 1

Pool halls fucking ruled. We would pile in my boys '58 DeSoto 6 deep and bounce out at lunch. We would spend the rest of the day in there shooting pool, well till 5 when the evening rates kicked in. They had the greasiest most awesome fries and burgers. They wouldn't sell us beer, they would give us the table waaaaay in the back by the alley door, we would just stash our beers behind the dumpster. Fucking champion

anybody used to go to Pool halls to shoot Pool? You know you rent the table by the hour and play as many games as you can?Those are all gone now.

we used to go to a really seedy one down from our school- Stolen goods under the end table, drugs deals taking place (we bought our first weed there). They would sell us a beer on friday afternoon from a case behind the counter. We used to cut at recess and then hang out there for the rest of the day. The guy was cool and if the school rang would say there were no students there.

Then just before I left I was arrested for stealing my chem teacher's car. I was actually at the pool hall at the time playing pool but when the police rang the pool hall the guy stuck to his guns and blew my alibi out the window by denying we were there. Luckily it turned out somebody else had stolen the car so I got off but it was close thing.

walked past where the pool hall was it's now a sex shop.

hourly-rental pool halls are common around here

it was less than a year ago i went through a pool phase; i became infatuated with the game & the skills involved... gave that shit up real quick :)

haha, i remember those "rocker" beads

^damn...i was in venezuela when that heavens gate shit went down...so i didnt hear about it till i came back and everyone was talking about the dead cult people with the nikes on...and i was all wtf are these people talkin bout?

by the way, we still have hourly pool halls here too.

dive bars have the coin operated ones, but pretty much every other pool hall here charges the hourly rate....went to one a few weeks ago.

how are hourly pool halls a memory from 20 years ago?

:nope: we still got em

All of ours got shut down too. For me, pool halls=80's 90's memories. Skip school, play pool, cigarettes from machines, creepy older dudes buy you liquor, ahh fun times. Haven't seen a pool hall in years.