THE GRATEFUL DEAD SUPERTHREAD

shai

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

kno its not the dead but i got ticket for shows in Detroit, Akron, and Cinci. This summer. Abcs about to get is hippy on. Then maybe a few more shows after that but they are doing a big ass triangle that looks like a thouand miles between the next 3 shows.

Listening to the Dead where I live is kind of tricky. The punks I live with get confused by it, and when some random hippie sees me listening to the Dead they tune out all of the obvious punk rock things about me and think it's cool to start talking about weed and Phish and other shit I could care less about.

I did hear a show on the radio the other day that I was at (5-12-91, Shoreline) that brought back some hazy memories...here it is-

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1991-05-12.111135.NeumannKMF4-daweez.d5scott.flac16

every day all i do is listen to dead shows. Sometimes it gets real bad and i will listen to the

same hookup like 2o times in a row. I remain kinda stuck in the house unless im at school and

im not about to make the old fella listen to rap all day. Think i listened to mind left body 46 times

in the last 3 days.

I cant participate in widespread panic. Surrounded by punks and hippies.

Sounds awful. If i'm not listening to Dead shit i'm listening to rap. With

very few exceptions i don't listen to any rock type music. Don't like a lot of

what gets done with guitars. Usually it either gives me apprehension or

it annoys the shit out of me. My friend that would go to shows was telling me

and it makes sense that before it was all trading tapes but now with internet

you can find every song performed 10 different times and 10 different ways.

That's how it used to be. I had something like 150-200 hours of tape that I acquired through friends I used to go to shows with. I ended up giving them all to an old roommate once I found out about archive.org.

I listen to a lot of neo-psychedelic/New Weird America like Panda Bear and Yawn besides the usual indie rock and punk stuff I'm into. Haven't been into rap for a while, but some stuff is all right..I have a couple friends that work in the club scene that are plugged into that but it's not like I seek it out.

You should check out the garage/psych/surf thread...lately there's been a lot of good new music coming out, and ILB and a few other people definitely know what's up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Semi-related

I've been listening to The New Riders of The Purple Sage a bunch lately.

This song did it for me -

Really weird, because I grew up hearing this from my father, they were his favorite band in his early 20's, I just never really gave them a chance.

Big ups to parents with awesome record collections.