THE GRATEFUL DEAD SUPERTHREAD

shai

waddya mean man? you sure you're not the weirdo?

Sick Jerry acoustic:

haha I'm a bit eccentric, but I'm not fried from too much acid. Dude was obsessed with yoga and would say awkward stuff in the elevator, like hit on girls and then try talk about them to me within ear shot when they treated him like a creep for being over 30 working in a call center and hitting on 19 yr olds.

Also he was mildly u mad because I was promoted a floor above him pretty quickly and would ride up to my floor with me saying shit like "I like to do the sneaky" (meaning he liked to sneak into his own floor via the stairs).

Creepy...but still kind of cool that he hitch hiked around soley following the gateful dead.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

not great over all. bobby is kinda washed up and playing sloppy. can still sing well, but i don't think i'd see him again. phil played well. i think he's using some weird effect that tunes all the strings in his bass up a step, or they all are indeed tuned up a step with no effect. found that kind of strange, but he sounded good as fuck. highlight of the show song wise would have to be help on the way>slipknot>the eleven>franklin's tower

I'm not at all interested in post-Jerry Dead related projects, but "Slipknot" into "The Eleven" almost sounds like it would work. It's amazing that Phil is 71 and still killing it. Bob Weir, I don't know...he's part of the formula but after Jerry passed he went in a direction I don't really understand. Not to diminish what he is or what he's done but still.

For me and a lot of other people I've talked to, the scene pretty much died for me around 1993...it got too big and collapsed under its own weight. I think my last show was May of 1993 at Shoreline when they played "Baba O'Riley" into "Tomorrow Never Knows." Good note to go out on.

BTW, I got a copy of that "Lonesome Prison Blues" CD I mentioned a while back. If anyone's interested in acquiring that feel free to PM me. I also have the Jesse McReynolds cover album but there's some skips in it...if anyone has a better copy I'm interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Grateful Dead Live at Euphoria Ballroom on 1970-07-16 (July 16, 1970)JANICE JOPLIN LOVELIGHT.

Grateful Dead Live at Winterland Arena on 1970-04-15 (April 15, 1970)

superduty tough

Phil Lesh and Friends Live at Berkeley Community Theatre on 1994-09-24

Grateful Dead Live at Carousel Ballroom on 1968-06-19 2nd jam

Grateful Dead Live at Carousel Ballroom on 1968-01-17 first ever spanishjam

Grateful Dead Live at Dillon Gym - Princeton University on 1971-04-17

Grateful Dead Live at Fillmore East on 1970-09-19 (September 19,(darkstar)

Grateful Dead Live at The Eureka Municipal Auditorium on 1968-01-20

Grateful Dead Live at Nassau Coliseum on 1979-10-31

Grateful Dead Live at Carousel Ballroom on 1968-06-19

Grateful Dead Live at Dillon Stadium on 1974-07-31 (July 31, 1974)

Grateful Dead Live at Dupont Gymnasium M.I.T. on 1970-05-07 (May 7, 1970)

Grateful Dead Live at Utica Memorial on 1981-03-13 (March 13, 1981)

Grateful Dead Live at Fillmore East on 1970-02-11 (February 11, 1970)

Some worthwhile hookups i saved to textedit so as not to lose them

that spanish jam is sexy

anybody kno how to download the soundboards when:

"The item is not available due to issues with the item's content."

any known workaround? anyone know what the problem is?

my first attempt i was successful. Every show after that ive received the same error

• 2 weeks later...

Fillmore East (Late Show) 1970-05-15

thats one you probably heard. Played 63 songs, plentyo gems.

Some bluesy pigpen hookups. just him singin slow over some guitar. Im glad to have found em.

#30 and 31. Probably more

Been listening to the more recent lately. Feel like before ehh 75 they had more fun. Not critical tho. Find things i like every show no matter when.