THE GRATEFUL DEAD SUPERTHREAD

shai

• 5 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

These guys are great and would have hopped on the bus be I old enough, they were the original jam band. The Dead just wanted to resurrect lost folk heroes, In fact some of song were never recorded by some of the original artist just sheet music/improvised by the dead. I find it hard to listen without packing up and hopping on the road.

i only got to see them once. it was at the shoreline amphitheater in 1994, not sure if it was july or september, i'll have to ask my dad. i was 14 years old and it was pretty amazing.

i have 9 hits of blotter in a square with a steal your face design. i'm sure it evaporated years ago, but i only picked it up for the print anyway. if i can find it, i'll scan or take a picture and post it here.

i haven't listened to many bootlegs, but i'm dl'ing quite a few from here to check out. mostly the dead just beings back good memories of hanging out with my dad. he always listened to them or the stones on sunday mornings while we made breakfast and cleaned up the house. he has xm radio and when we kicked it a couple months ago we drove around listening to this talk show on the dead channel where these guys with an encyclopedic knowledge of shows answered people's questions. it was pretty rad.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...