THE GRATEFUL DEAD SUPERTHREAD

shai

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

detroit, cuyahoga and cinci. All i could get away from work was a weekend. I was supersick i couldnt make superball. I had to tell people to stop sending me picture messages. So long as everything works out like I hope/expect theres to be lots of camping next summer. ahahah yea watch em go on another hiatus on me.

& yea. I was real happy with the shows I saw. They showed up. Im trying real hard to not think about NYE because the chances of me being able to pull it off are pretty slim. Not impossible but it would require my not very helpful family to look after my gpa for a few days and nobody seems to think i need breaks from this 24/7 job.

I hear ya. At this age, there's no way I'd be able to tour beyond New England/NY if I didn't have a job with vacation time. Tough break about new years, man. Best of luck convincing the family to cut you some slack. I'm hoping for my preorder lottery entry to work out. The hotel's already costing me a grand, and I really don't want to pay $250 for a ticket again, like I had to last year. Do you post on the infamous PT board? The plae is a shit show, but that's where I'm getting all these links from, FWIW.

I've yet to enter the lotto. The gigs up in 4 days chances are probably pretty stacked. Im probably about to try and score for the 30th & 31st. If i get tickets and cant pull it off I can live with eating $150. Easy enough to sell em... Anyway. How many many nights days does 1K buy you near NYE in NY? Tell me thats not 250 a night at the motel 6. NYE Phish is one of VERY few things that could get me to NYC on NYE. I mean... i would rather sit home and smoke tree alone than blow whistles in Times Square watching the balls drop in the freezing cold.

I dont post on PT. I look on from time to time. I like the show, enjoy getting out of town and camping, going to the biggest party in the country in a different place every other day and getting twisted. 10 years ago the scene meant something else to me. It has a strange personality tho. Not sure how i feel about it so i stay off the board.

It's approximately 500 a night for a decent hotel room for the 30th and 31st. I started getting my own rooms after last NYE due to a fiasco with the people I was going to the majority of post-reunion shows with- did this all summer and I don't know why I wasn't getting my own rooms earlier. I'll only be hitting the 30th and 31st because they fall on the weekend and I've already demolished the vast majority of my vacation time. It's a lot of money, but not enough to really put a hurting on my wallet. Peace of mind insurance is well worth it.

PT is a strange place. I rarely post myself, but it's good for music links and checking the rumor mill for show dates. I'm with ya on not caring about the scene- be it on the lot or on some forum. I stopped caring about all that after 2000. The music on the other hand, I'm more into than I had been since 2000.

*cranking that FEFY via headphones @ work...so damn good. I'll try and pop back in with some links in a few.

hotels suck. I had an old S-10 blazer with flold down backseats, a futon mattress,

curtains for all windows and a bunch of blankets. Lousy gas mileage !

I need 50K put away by next fall. Grad school is going to cost 16 for the

classes alone. Need a car, need to eat, insurance. hahaha buzzed 10 pm abcs

is a lot less responsible then 10 am abcs. Its like night and day. I need to forget

about NYE. Be happy about Furthur chicago. By next June I should be well set

and able to travel a couple few weeks before classes start. Thats like the prize

at the end. I almost lost my job going to them 3 shows this summer.

Roughin' it. I used to be able to handle camping on Summer tour in the 90's, (and fall tours when I was practically pennyless) but can't hack it like that anymore. I'd do it for festivals, but this year we got an RV for the SBIX and I swear, I'll never go to another festival without one.

I've been listening to this relentlessly since the show. It might be my favorite moment from the shows I caught on Summer 11.

Denver Tweezer

yup. hahaha staying in the cheapest hotel i could find. Queensboro Hotel and not giving a single fuck about it. Reviews said its clean and cheap at 150 a night 3.5 miles from MSG and convenient to the train i would want to take. Probably fly too. Not gonna book that ticket till i get confirmation. Its just from Detroit to NYC is 10 hours by car. Who knows what kind of traffic or weather may be encountered. My friends are less than uh... Reliable. I would probably miss the Friday night show. Figuring out party flavor situation is kinda fucked up too.

Good luck to you as well. I dont really much care for the not knowing part. So you draw the worst seats in the house you just kinda fucked then huh.?

ahahhah yea that Denver Tweezer is the stuff.

I needed to not watch a bunch of phish on Vimeo

after i decided i shouldnt hit up the MSG shows.

UIC YEM = helped turn my resolve to wet tissue paper

Sucks. I really wanted to hit these shows up too. They sold out quick

Heard tickets were scarce on lot too.

Yeah man, I heard the UIC shows were killer and the tapes sound awesome. I had to chose between UIC and Denver- went with Denver, which is kind of a bummer for seeing people, because the majority of my good friends from tour that aren't from Mass are from Chicago. Oh well, next time.

So far no hold on the credit card, yet...

Fingers crossed.

still no hold.

Not even gonna get mad. No complaints about guranteed great seats through mailorder being a thing of the past, but still, fuck a lottery. Welcome to the machine- seems a common way to go....

/drunk

That's how the Dead had to do NYE tickets for the last ten years they played NYE. In fact, you couldn't buy any other way than mailorder for that block of shows, which sucked because they always played on my birthday (first night of the run)...fortunately there was no lottery for that date, but it was a pain in the ass if I didn't hook it up ahead of time.

Phish UIC was a fun lot. Didnt get in. Furthur UIC last fall was fuckin incredible. rain on the second day sucked tho. abcs, you in the D? And a writin GDF kid? wutup den! Maybe yr the dude that drove me and my girl back to detroit after chicago phish a few months back. hit me up.

wasn't me. I couldn't get the time off for Chicago fun.

Don't want to talk about it. I'll be at Furthur Allstate in a couple

weeks tho. Stoked on that. Friday shows in Chicago always win.

I've got damn near 700 GB so far. The buffalo included therein.