THE GRATEFUL DEAD SUPERTHREAD

shai

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Golden Gate Park on 1975-09-28

[/url]

I love the sound they found around Blues

for Allah. Real up beat and quick. 75 shows

win big. Too few and far between

unfortunately.

1975 was around when they started to lose whatever it is that I like about early Dead....it probably had something to do with a change in their taste in pharmaceuticals.

But agreed, they definitely made the most of that year when they did play. That was just as they were coming off hiatus.

Whos supplementing with the stuff thats out now,,,moe and sci ,yo la tango..all that shit? Summercamp? shows? whats the latest youve caught? Was fortunate to Catch RatDog here in Indiana at this booty jam thug club...The freakers took over the lot. where theres usual fights and gunfire , was traqnsformed into miracle tickets and the whispering in the ear of pharmies, mollie, doses....Packed "pierres' nightclub...havent seen Bobby since..Did anyone catch WSP in Chicago last month?

Whos supplementing with the stuff thats out now,,,moe and sci ,yo la tango..all that shit? Summercamp? shows? whats the latest youve caught? Was fortunate to Catch RatDog here in Indiana at this booty jam thug club...The freakers took over the lot. where theres usual fights and gunfire , was traqnsformed into miracle tickets and the whispering in the ear of pharmies, mollie, doses....Packed "pierres' nightclub...havent seen Bobby since..Did anyone catch WSP in Chicago last month?

WSP came thru Detroit last month too. No interest. I remain highly optimistic about the the Chicago show next Friday. Wish my travel plans were more solid. Definitely gonna get that Element and make a platform bed. A bit early to make those plans but I want to pick it up from a state that doesn't use road salt. Last summer Phish played the west coast before Chicago. Would have been nice to have found one in southern cal, had someone build a platform hookups then catch shows before crossing back for UIC then returning home. Looks like EVERY hotel near O-Hara/Allstate and probably in the city of Chicago is infested with bed bugs. I had a bad, court imposed, personal experience with those bugs. I don't care it they don't transmit disease... they're fucking sick and i'm not having it. I rather sleep at the airport and fly out early AM or take a midnight train. Need to look into that.

That St Paul 77 show up there.

Jerry nails TLEO. So good. Bobby comes back with an even better Looks

Like Rain. Check it out

Not sure what to do. Im reading incident reports on the bed bug registry. Shit creeps me out. People talking about "i flipped on the lights and saw dozens of bedbugs in different stages of maturity on my sheets and pillow" or "I had dozens of bites on my arms legs neck and face" or " I received multiple bites and inadvertently brought them home in my luggage infesting my home" "thousands of dollars in extermination costs" and "blood spots all over my sheets"...... And you have to pay over 100 for a night like this.

No midnight trains, bus, or flights i could find. ABCS.... fittin to bundle up and sleep outside. Edit. Bars stay open till 4 in Chi dont they? ABCS about to get sauced close out the bar and pass out on a parkbench

No supplement. Phish is the only band I've ever been interested from the "jam band" genre. Even when Jerry was alive I'd be catching three times the amount of PH to the GD shows I'd see. Further does nothing for me, or at least not enough to pay to go see. (Not to say I haven't caught my fair share). Panic doesn't hold up enough on tape to entice me into checking them out, and though I know the names of half the other bands in that scene, I couldn't pick out one sounding any different from another.

That being said, check Furthur's JK teasing Divided Sky around 11:25 in Eyes of the World from the other night.

http://www.mediafire.com/?85omqtmwctrt7gc

Lots and lots of GD Soundboards:

http://www.mediafire.com/?olr59ph3o1zii

just biscuits and phish for me man.... i dunno why that is with ratdog. i got punched in the face on lot last time i went. stupid crowd.

here's an ill biscuits show with a ripping cyclone. check it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JXPFS08X

there is nothing like the dead.

in any shape or form...

but if u r the jamband/hippy type...

i would check out string cheese incident, pretty talented group///

I can't stand them as a group but they are talented musicians.

I am definitely not the jam band type. I like psychedelic music and have dreadlocks but I am most assuredly not a hippy.

i was just gonna say the same thing.

into communal living, protest, activism

have dreadlocks, listen to psychedelic music

and live in the bay area.

nobodys mad at ya.

a few of you have seen me and or talked

to me enough to realize i fit more into the

category of scumbags

There is a pretty unique punk scene here. A lot of people would look at it and not be sure what to make of it but we definitely aren't hippies even though superficially we seem to have a lot in common with them.

Old hippies are cool, but 99.999% of the Rainbow/new school Deadheads annoy the fuck out of me.