Loners unite! ...Or don't. Because then we wouldn't be loners.

Bojangles

As I get older, I find myself becoming more and more of a loner. Which is weird, because 5-10 years ago, I was a social butterfly. /NH

I'm pretty sure it's coming with age as most of my friends are stuck in the same rut and I'm trying to venture into new realms with my art, my career and my self as a person.

Am I alone here?...pun intended.

The first few months that I realized it, I freaked out and thought everyone hated me. Then, I realized that I actually just grew tired with a majority of them for the most part.

Don't get me wrong. I have TONS of friends. It's just that these days, I find more comfort in my own company and thoughts.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacks_MWMHWFAH.gif

Perhaps it has something to do with personal genesis. As a child you interpret company as a security. As a teenager/young adult company becomes a better alternative to blood. At that point most people thrive off of having a vast network of acquaintances we mistake for friends. We amass "friends" to somewhat discover what we like about ourselves/what we feel we need to improve on. And now you are distancing yourself from the mirrored introspection because you are comfortable enough with yourself and confident you are not a complete fuck up. No need for validation from your peers.

OR YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM ADVANCED SENILITY AND IN FACT YOU HAVE BEEN HANGIN WITH DUDES BUT CAN'T REMEMBER IT.

• Like 1

Bojangles --you ain't alone. We're at different stages in our life. We've been there, done that, don't need to really keep doing it 24/7. I think I enjoy laying low, especially when going out includes three train transfers, over crowded spots, and $30 cab rides home. Even if I had money to blow right now, I still wouldn't care that I'm nerding out with 12oz on a Friday night. In fact, my girl is getting ready to go to bed, and I'm going to play some GTA San Andreas. Lame? Sure, but I don't really give a fuck anymore.

I used to love going out to packed bars and creating a ton of noise and being a clown. But those days are long gone. Now I see a crowded bar and avoid it. If I do end up at one, I just picture dynamite vests and gasoline barrels surrounding me. Maybe I'm lame, but I'd rather go out and grab dinner with some friends or drinks at a quiet bar most of the time.

We's just getting old man.

grumpy-old-men.jpg

No matter how few people there are around me I'll always have the voices i my head to keep me company.

I don't know about this 20s-30s thing, you do what you need to do for you. A lot of friends have moved on to do certain things, leaving other things behind, but I feel the need to push myself on with or without.

i'm somewhat with you bojangles. most of my old friends are doing hard drugs, or are doing nothing with their lives. i'd rather be a loaner that produces some sort of creative content than some guy that hangs out all night with his friends and does nothing with his life but get wasted. i'd rather be alone and not have to deal with the extra bullshit.

• Like 2

Life just kinda' says "shape up or ship out" and you have to pick.

Never an easy choice though.

This...

I have a bunch of friends who are just staying afloat while I'm trying to make the most of every opportunity.

One in particular I had to tell his bird to take their kid and fuck off because it was supposed to be just us chilling out (first time in 6 months)

and it just sucks because we were so close (I basically have done more pieces with him than anyone else and lived with him for years and years) and now he's just a fuck up (a happy Fuck up but a fuck up nonetheless)

I can see our paths splitting soon but he can't see anything coming.

Bummer

fuck friends...every friend ive ever had up to this point has stabbed me in the back.either they stole from me or spread rumors or snitched on me or they were just straight haters and put me down all the time.so i stop associating with people.i probably have one or two guys i smoke with every month or so but other than that i stay one deep.

Your not alone Bojangles, I am a loner, I used to want to go out all the time, go see friends but eventually grew bored of them and the constant need to get drunk or just repeating the same nights out as always.

I find if I do go out then I end up thinking what a waste of time and money it is, why pay £3 for a pint of beer when for the same price I could have a few drinks at home.

It is just one of those things that comes with Age, settling down, get married, get a house, bills and resposibilities and it ends up being nicer to just stay at home with your wife/partner than go out to the meatmarkets of pubs and clubs.

As I get older, I find myself becoming more and more of a loner. Which is weird, because 5-10 years ago, I was a social butterfly. /NH

I'm pretty sure it's coming with age as most of my friends are stuck in the same rut and I'm trying to venture into new realms with my art, my career and my self as a person.

Am I alone here?...pun intended.

The first few months that I realized it, I freaked out and thought everyone hated me. Then, I realized that I actually just grew tired with a majority of them for the most part.

Don't get me wrong. I have TONS of friends. It's just that these days, I find more comfort in my own company and thoughts.

I know what you mean. I like being around my circle of friends, many that I've known since elementary, but at the same time there are days they ask me to go out with them to some party or something, and I'll just be like "nah" and would rather sit home reading or listening to music.

Sometimes relaxing by yourself is just easier to me. Sometimes friends can be demanding, without actually saying/asking for anything. They "demand" that you entertain them. That you always gotta make them laugh and shit. Sometimes you don't feel like doing that. Even at a house party, I'll be inside shooting shit with people, and then go out on the balcony or something and gather my thoughts, and I enjoy it. Can't always be in the ratrace. I think most people go through phases like this.

My dad for example doesn't hang out with a lot of his old friends. One of his friends that he's known since he was 18 is the complete opposite. He never grew up. This dude is like 60, but still wants to "hang out" and shoot the shit. And demands that my dad entertain him everytime he's in town to visit. He often asks "did you tap that" whenever my dad brings up women in convos. My dad says this guy is exactly the same as when he was 17-18.. Some people never grow up. Like, I heard there's some guy here that's like 34 and hangs out at skate parks being loud & disturbing the peace, while getting in fights with his women, dogs, and his friends.

• Like 1

Nearly all my friends still like to go to these fucking clubs where all there is to do is drink or dance because the music is so fucking loud.

The whole concept of spending time together is built around drinking: you pick a 12-pac, contemplate different clubs or bars and call friends, and when you get there it's time to plan what the fuck to do next. People just cant seem to shut up and chill.

Also 90% of people in my school can't talk without constant sarcastic commentary of every fucking detail about what they see or hear. Everyone seems to have their own clique that has strict boundaries. Anything outside is a subject of witty remarks and stereotypes.

People bore the fuck out of me these days. That's why I spend time alon alot.