I'm Going to NYC this weekend

Daniel Dumielle

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

another thing....dont go catching tags like a maniac out in the open...even if you on the creep tip you can still get bagged...DTs roll in cabs and unmarked gypsy cabs...most DTs are stocky, mid height, hoody or a baggy short sleeve, regular fit jeans and nike cross trainer or running sneakers. they are on the lurk everywhere especially LES, east village, and williamsburg.

just find a spot in a restroom...noone really will ever notice anyway...unless you crush hard

Uniglo does have some corny ass shit, but I've started buying all my t-shirts there. Their plain t-shirts are cheap and fit good. Actually, all their basics are pretty much on point.

Actually, I was serious about going to Uniqlo. I heard really good things about their clothes in general, I wanted to check it out. I had no idea they made hipstery clothing too. They got Jil Sander to do a mens line of business clothes for their fall collection, but its not out yet. Everything is going to be under $200. I saw some photos of the suits and they are really nice.

I wanted to go to Still Life, if I have time, just for laughs. I hope our boy is there.

The highlight of this trip, aside from seeing my best friend, is going to the Dia:Becon. I'm totally psyched.

If you're coming this weekend, you better hope the fucking heatwave has cleared out. If it hasn't, you better bring a small spatula to remove your nutsack from your thigh every time you stand up.

This! Just spent 3 weeks in Southern Georgia, that heat will have your nutsack glued to your leg!!! LOL

People seem to enjoy walking over the Brooklyn Bridge so knock yourself out.

Someone mentioned Blue Ribbon- not a bad place but pricey. They have 2 restaurants on one block, one is sushi. Sat behind Dave Chappelle last time I was in there, the other joint has a pretty tasty duck sammich.

Bronx Zoo? Hit that shit up early.

http://flavorpill.com/newyork

http://freenyc.net/

food uh just eat good pizza you'll be fine

I usually suggest chinatown but i dont fuck around down there during the summer

except super cheap dumplings (not all are equal though)

Dumpling House on Eldridge St mmm mmm

other cheap eats, i'd suggest red hook ballfields but I guess if you don't know your way around, that might not be the best idea

Dosa Cart man washington sq park coconut chutney is good

Stores...meh whatever you want search for it and you'll find it

Parties events ugh apt, water taxi beach long island city saturday nights, qtip/medina do santos fri nights

i'm too jaded

have fun in the sun

NYC wooo wooo

Take the F train out to Coney Island. Buy churros from a mexican.

Eat a lot of pizza. Go to brooklyn and ask for grandma slices, sicilians, and Sophia Lorens.

Get a bagel somewhere too, they're great.

If you like coffee/ espresso, try Think Coffee. There's one on Bowery and another right by Washington Square Park. The new place next to Supreme is good too.

The High Line Park just opened up on the west side, and is really awesome (except for all of the graffiti being gone). Definitely worth checking out. While you're over there, stroll through the meat packing district and you can spot some celebrities and an abundance of models.

Walk across the Brooklyn or Williamsburg bridge. If you go with the former, skip Grimaldi's and go have dinner at Hecho En Dumbo on Front street instead. Check out the park at the base of the bridges (on the brooklyn side). The promenade, about a half mile south, is also worth the trip.

Really, the most fun thing to do on a summer day is to find yourself a nice cold drink and a seat in the shade (anywhere below 23d street will do) and see more pretty girls than you could ever imagine. Try not to hurt your neck.

Bronx Zoo? Hit that shit up early.

If you're here during the week, Wednesday is "pay as you want" at the Bronx zoo. I did that, but I was let down. It was crowded as fuck, and we still couldn't get into half the park because you have to buy tickets (full price) for certain spots, even though you paid at the gate. Maybe I'm not a "zoo" person, but I wasn't all that impressed walking around there. Not to mention the crowd was really fucking annoying.

If you're here during the week, Wednesday is "pay as you want" at the Bronx zoo. I did that, but I was let down. It was crowded as fuck, and we still couldn't get into half the park because you have to buy tickets (full price) for certain spots, even though you paid at the gate. Maybe I'm not a "zoo" person, but I wasn't all that impressed walking around there. Not to mention the crowd was really fucking annoying.

You probably weren't impressed because you (I'm assuming) have been to Roger Williams. Our zoo is so fucking awesome, fuck everywhere else

heres a day for you...do this.

1. take the train to west 4th

walk to joes

Joes....it was in one of the spidermans

Joes+NY+Pizza+Store+front.JPG

dont fucking argue about it either...its the best fucking pizza.

2. leave Joe's and zig zag your way through NYU campus and soho (take your time) in the direction of broadway/houston aka broadway/lafeyette. and look at the retarded holister ad that replaced a pretty awesome DKNy ad.

3. from there take a right on Lafeyette and stop by Supreme. look for sale items. 20 tshirt. dvd's if you skate. fuck a 50 dollar baseball cap.

4. leave supreme. head eastward on Prince. grab a corn on the cob from CUBANA CAFE. eat it while watching hot girls. or buy their calender. take a left on the street that CUBANA CAFE is on (elizabeth? not sure)

5. when you hit houston again. cross it. walk North half way and stop buy .classickicks. buy something cheap. leave. retrace ur steps back to Houston.

6. turn left on Houston. walk to Bowery. look at antiques. then find os gemeos mural. its fucking awesome. take photos.

7. youre thirsty. head East on HOuston and go to epsteins bar and have a beer. its on ALLEN. have a beer. watch hot girls walk by.

8. go to reed space next. down the street. when leaving exit the back. youre on orchard.

9. now you can go to Still Life. leave.

10. youre hungry. go to KATZ'S. its on houston and Ludlow. awesome sammiches. eat. buy tshirt. now youre fat.

11. now look for bars with good happy hour specials. if you dont look like a douche nozel poser. stop by double down saloon. pick songs off juke box. tag bathroom. play pool. tip well. drink bacon shot. if youre there on Friday after 9-10, ask for the JESUS JUICE. leave there. wander around and barhop until you find a good spot.

check out LIT (dance bar), LIL FRANKIES (italian), BLUE RIBBON (bank sushi and steak), BULGARIA BAR (intnl dance bar)...none of these spots are clubs..they are bars with DJs...they are good...

follow this and you can't go wrong... I'd probably get Russ and Daughters over Katz's