Aesop Rock

Daddy Screw

screw daddy started this thread with 3 tic tacs and now has one. listening to aesop rock may be bad for your e-rep.

negged for liking some a.r and starting a debate about it. gutted.

Daddy Screw do you partake in all 4 elements?

just two. can you guess which?

abcs:

Aesop Rock will have a track with an obscure theme. say a bunch of random unrelated shit that rhymes and maybe to a varying degree of success tie it together. Most of the time its so random that theres not much to tie. Kinda schitzophrenic if you ask me. That said... im not that much a fan.

Im sayin tho... You can argue that his rhymes are shit all day long. Its subjective. Either you like it or not. I am occasionally forced to listen to rock type music. When i take those lyrics apart im amazed by how little sense that shit makes. I mean. It makes sense but they arent saying anything at all. Makes me wonder what the fuck the writer is thinking. Its shit that lots and lots of people like. I guess they just dont pay attention to what the vocals mean

point out one of these songs with 'random unrelated shit' in it, and i try and find some kind of logic in it?

it is essentially subjective though, you're right. but like i said earlier, he's talking about life, and that doesn't necessarily make sense.

the rhymes themselves, i think are [mostly] good because they work on several different levels. i find this interesting because i'm concerned with where hip hop is going - the maturing of it, who will be the Samuel Beckett of hip hop etc.

i mean you can't sell crack forever, can you?

also, is that really his brother?lol

@Boris the Butcher - never heard of Topr. who is he?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You like topr? or whatever his name is

he's garbage too.

topr is real as fuck. i know you personally think he is on some back pack shit but hes not. he isnt technically the tightest but he has some good shit about racking, graffiti, sluts and coke. i know how much you like coke!

aesop rock is for the most part, terrible. theres one song called Sinister off an album called the Battle of Los Angeles that is good but thats about it. he himself doesnt have anything that great to listen to unless hes a featured artist on someone elses shit.

El-P has a weird rhyme style. sometimes it sounds awkward and rushed but sometimes it works. most of his beats are too 'abstract' for me and i dont get nto them.

cage../skips

yak ballz was dope in the day but hes in the same boat as cage sorta

cannibal ox, boring. hate vast aires voice and delivery. hes the black aesop rock.

copywrite/jakki, dopest punchline rappers i have ever heard ever. (prove me wrong someone)

Tame One, stays relevant.

camu tao always will be dope

and thats The Weathermen all summed up.

also;

pardeehands.jpg

would wear

FishCamuTao.jpg

would wear

CageDieGuysShirtMockup.jpg

wouldnt be caught dead in

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew what was going to be inside. Saying you like Aesop Rock in Ch.0, is like admitting you let your girl shove a badger up your ass --and then that you liked it.

I'm not a huge fan of Aesop Rock, but at the same time I don't think he's talentless or worth as much hate. He did have one track that I really like.

I happen to like this track too.

:cool:

10gmo05.jpg

the showroom name for this interior model is the 'suicide by cop'

oh yeah, and aesop rock was cool when i was 13, then i realized all his songs sound the same. i guess when you go out bombing with rok-it and escape, you need to have some stupid-ass fat dope jams with a 'z' pumping.

better yet. go huff ether, you'd be more useful as a living corpse on display than here posting stupid fucking threads. die die die, and die some more

oh, and shovel is the only one i really like still. and i'm dead honest. i loved the dude when i was like 12-13, but now....not so much. at all. i mean yeah, he raps in a very unique way...but i don't want to sit there with a fucking notepad and thesaurus to figure out what he's saying. give me the simple times with crack and guns anyday.

bump trick trick.

that dude will eat your babies.

no really.

I interviewed Trick Trick in like 2005 right when he got cleared for his murder charge - he was doing promotion for his people VS ... album. That guy carries himself like no other rapper i ever met. He was wearing a taylored suit when everyone else was in 3xl tall tees. Just by talking with the guy you can tell hes no doubt real as fuck.