ATT doesnt' understand reflections

jesuschristo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I can't even begin to count the number of times clients had me make impossible art. Usually it starts with a simple verbal instruction of what the client wants and some paper work with an equally vague description, So fine, you build about what they want, email for approval. Unless you really screw something up clients usually LOVE the first draft. Then they go to some bullshit meeting and a bunch of idiots who aren't artists or usually even ad/marketing folks come up with 'improvements'...

Then you get a phone call, 'Hey, instead of that shadow, how about if you add a reflection underneath the phone?'

Well, OK, maybe it's not gonna flow quite the way you wanted and you try to make them understand that but you go ahead and add the reflection, resend the email.

Call back from client 'all the words and letters are backwards, can you fix that?'

Artist 'uh... no, that's against the laws of nature, I can cut out the part where the logo is backwards but people are going to notice right off if the letters aren't reversed, I think that's gonna dilute the ad message...' (then you're on hold while they talk it over with Kevin the raver from the shipping dept.)

Client: 'Well, how about if you make it look like the phone is floating?'

So, you float it, resend. call back...

Client 'Um, why is the reflection angled?'

Artist 'That's the angle of reflectance, see where the light is coming from? That determines...'

Interrupting Client 'Why isn't the reflection touching the phone?'

Artist 'I thought you wanted it floating? See if...'

IC 'Can you make the reflection go straight down and put the phone over the top of the reflection so it looks like it's floating?'

Artist 'Uh... I'll see what I can do.'

Then you go have an argument with your boss about the idiot client and their visually impossible demands and he tells you 'It's fucking ATT, just give them what they want and let's cash the damn check!'

and THAT is why there's so much shitty commercial art in the world.

• Like 1

Also, that one asian dude with the red jacket and the Pac-man shirt... doesn't it look less like he's using a cell phone and more like one of those voice modulator box things, like the D.O.C. or Ned from South Park? Maybe that's just me but it gets me everytime that one pops up.

I can't even begin to count the number of times clients had me make impossible art. Usually it starts with a simple verbal instruction of what the client wants and some paper work with an equally vague description, So fine, you build about what they want, email for approval. Unless you really screw something up clients usually LOVE the first draft. Then they go to some bullshit meeting and a bunch of idiots who aren't artists or usually even ad/marketing folks come up with 'improvements'...

Then you get a phone call, 'Hey, instead of that shadow, how about if you add a reflection underneath the phone?'

Well, OK, maybe it's not gonna flow quite the way you wanted and you try to make them understand that but you go ahead and add the reflection, resend the email.

Call back from client 'all the words and letters are backwards, can you fix that?'

Artist 'uh... no, that's against the laws of nature, I can cut out the part where the logo is backwards but people are going to notice right off if the letters aren't reversed, I think that's gonna dilute the ad message...' (then you're on hold while they talk it over with Kevin the raver from the shipping dept.)

Client: 'Well, how about if you make it look like the phone is floating?'

So, you float it, resend. call back...

Client 'Um, why is the reflection angled?'

Artist 'That's the angle of reflectance, see where the light is coming from? That determines...'

Interrupting Client 'Why isn't the reflection touching the phone?'

Artist 'I thought you wanted it floating? See if...'

IC 'Can you make the reflection go straight down and put the phone over the top of the reflection so it looks like it's floating?'

Artist 'Uh... I'll see what I can do.'

Then you go have an argument with your boss about the idiot client and their visually impossible demands and he tells you 'It's fucking ATT, just give them what they want and let's cash the damn check!'

and THAT is why there's so much shitty commercial art in the world.

This is fucking perfect :lol: