What's The Last Movie You Saw: The Sequel

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kults said:

So? Yay or Nay?

I'd go Nay unless you're watching for free?  Did not see the original but simple math: book usually better than movie, this is a remake of the movie.... book + imagination= win.  Parts of the story are missing too while a kind of dream/going mad sequence is using up room.  Beyond that, Hunnam and Malek are kind of hot stars right now but Hunnam doesn't seem right for his role, he's maybe trying to carry over the outlaw biker mindset and it doesn't work.  Same w/ Malek, he just seems like a weird dude, probably right for the other roles he plays, but not here.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

I'd go Nay unless you're watching for free?  Did not see the original but simple math: book usually better than movie, this is a remake of the movie.... book + imagination= win.  Parts of the story are missing too while a kind of dream/going mad sequence is using up room.  Beyond that, Hunnam and Malek are kind of hot stars right now but Hunnam doesn't seem right for his role, he's maybe trying to carry over the outlaw biker mindset and it doesn't work.  Same w/ Malek, he just seems like a weird dude, probably right for the other roles he plays, but not here.  

I never pay, or extremely rarely. Good rundown, sounds like its getting a pass from me. Thanks for heads up, I have no doubt the book is much better.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Thinking on it, it was the story/ending that didn't work for me.  I will say they did their homework on putting the movie together and all.  Will also say I'm a tough critic here on con movies, especially when you have shit like Escape From Alcatraz, Shawshank Redemption, etc., to compare to.

Seen shot caller yet? That was raw.

71Vg3U1cYeL._SY606_.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Was ok, not a waste of time or trash.  But kind of straight line plot- man wants revenge, gets it.

Ya the story was just alright. I did like the cinematography a lot. Some pretty choice parts too. That butter knife to the temple and the head splitting shot were cool. The trailer trash chick with the tech 9 rigged under the lazy boy I thought was hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...

No argument there, I’m just not a real movie/TV kind of guy. In saying that, I do actively avoid what I reckon would be good (The Wire, GoT, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, etc) because I don’t have the time to commit and know I’ll get sucked in, like I did with Walking Dead, which jumped the shark with record height and distance. 

I think the last thing I saw at the cinema was The Maltese Falcon. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Kults said:

Loved Clovehitch... I think I rec'd it in that other thread a few months back. Good stuff

Definitely enjoyed.  I like that they loosely followed the BTK storyline so this is fiction grounded in reality.  This reminded me of another movie in that it's an adult movie about a killer but teens are the main characters, going to guess Summer of 84?  

• Truth 1

57 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Definitely enjoyed.  I like that they loosely followed the BTK storyline so this is fiction grounded in reality.  This reminded me of another movie in that it's an adult movie about a killer but teens are the main characters, going to guess Summer of 84?  

That was another good one, forgot all about it, was getting it mixed up with this one at first.

DD57BC31-5A0A-4C18-97C2-C6C7E8045BFB.jpeg