What's The Last Movie You Saw: The Sequel

shaolinmasta

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, iloveboxcars said:

I don’t know.  it was a top-10 on a movie torrent site I use so decided to check it out while I practiced drawing. It’s a decent background movie. 

I’m not 100% certain I’ve seen anything with him in it since Superbad.

..Really? He's in just about everything Adam Sandler's company makes.

Not surprised its top 10, just don't understand. His best bud Franco can act his ass off, him I get. He was really good in The Deuce and The Disaster Artist.

Ya I hear ya. I got nothing against watching disposable movies they’re good for a one off. I did watch a few of that crews movies after Super Bad but quickly lost interest. Haven’t seen any of the recent ones. By recent I’d say last decade or so. 

I may have enjoyed The Interview, more than once.  Other than that, listening to Seth Rogen talk IRL interviews is like listening to a too stoned fat guy trying to talk science and fill his munchies at the same time.

I've generally found Adam Sandler movies terrible.  He lives on while each movie he does suffers the SNL curse and dies.

• Truth 1

29 minutes ago, Kults said:

Didnt I post that one in recs? Howd ya like it

Total Gene pick!  Yeah, you posted it, I had seen it mentioned elsewhere before too, think I missed it at a theater.  Had some gore but not really scary.  Didn't seem tied together too well either.  Could have done without the Blair Witch cinematography.

• Truth 1

Just now, One Man Banned said:

Total Gene pick!  Yeah, you posted it, I had seen it mentioned elsewhere before too, think I missed it at a theater.  Had some gore but not really scary.  Didn't seem tied together too well either.  Could have done without the Blair Witch cinematography.

Agreed on all points. Still, had a feel to it, I liked it. Maybe just a soft spot for VHS tapes

Minus the cinematography it had a decent concept and such, but it also felt like this was someone's graduation project or something too.  I was amused watching thinking some director went to school to learn how to shoot film and then what?  He either spent several hours pretending to be a shitty cameraman, or got drunk to film 'authentically,' or he had to hire some amateurs to run the camera.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Minus the cinematography it had a decent concept and such, but it also felt like this was someone's graduation project or something too.  I was amused watching thinking some director went to school to learn how to shoot film and then what?  He either spent several hours pretending to be a shitty cameraman, or got drunk to film 'authentically,' or he had to hire some amateurs to run the camera.

loll very that. Its trash but good trash

I should add, I'll pick a poorly executed original idea before I go for more of the same rehashed crap mainstream Hollywood churns out.

Lol Ill take that back handed compliment. 

It was good but not a future classic the way his last one, Hereditary was. Its a VERY slow burn, the movie proper running 2:30 hours long and the directors cut almost hitting 3 hours. Simply too long for this kind of movie. The pay off at the end IS worth it but it will depend on each viewers patience with exposition how much they ultimately get out of that ending. Some really great, memorable parts though for those willing to make it further in.

Could have been better, they also telegraph the ending the entire time so if you pay attention you know where its going very early on. I'd say its def worth seeing once but I wouldn't sit through it again. Solid 7.5 but if you haven't seen Hereditary Id def watch that instead. I was really hyped for this movie so felt a little little down but if you go in with no expectations it's a solid movie.

They were heavily inspired by the OG wicker man.