The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit: nevermind.

Here's what I've had recently

These two taste very similar (hoppy) to my lager-oriented taste buds. But I like them.

Maybe SNPA is a bit stronger with the hops, but they both stand out from what I've used to drink all my life.

Looking forward to bumping into more American (west coast?) ales soon.

calories-in-sierra-nevada-pale-ale-21141922.jpg

liberty%20ale.JPG

Rochefort 8 by monks in Belgium. Very dark, smoky and strong. I checked out some reviews online and suppose it's widely appreciated, but I dunno.

This one I had didn't taste very fresh, there was this almost cheesy pungent savor I didn't like at all.

Would probably go much better with a nice meal or something.

There are two other numbers of it which dignify strength I guess.

CHRISTIAN PEOPLE

1450-0w300h300_Trappistes_Rochefort_Biere_Belge_Brune.jpg

Of the dark stuff that I've lately had, this has been the best. A local brand's porter with some international reputation.

Strong, very full with lot of stuff going on with different flavors I think.

I had it with a warm meal (salmon+potatoes) and it delivered. If you see it and it's affordable, I recommend.

2w4mi2v.jpg

Another Finnish porter, but not nearly as tasty as Koff. I think the taste was more flat or pointy or something.

I doubt you can find this in the states.

poh7a.jpg

Some kind of Czech Pale Lager. I forgot how it tasted because of all the porters around.

The usual czech quality I suppose with a wee bit more hops and sophistication than our lagers.

czech05.jpg

Paulaner hefe dunkel.

So if you dislike the fresh fruit edge of ordinary weissbier, this might be tastier for you.

Still lightly cloudy and full of yeast, but not as easy and drinkable. I still like the normal hefe better.

2iuc9hs.jpg

13252.jpg

fort collins z amber lager

pretty interesting beer. ive never had anything with a smokey flavor before

it comes as a slight after taste but not overpowering to the point of being disgusting

it is drinkable but im not sure if i would drink 6 in a row. i like to mix it up.

14846.jpg

fort collins chocolate stout

ok so they are trying this smokey flavor thing again. however its not working here

not good. the z is good and you should atleast try it. this is just stale tasting,

reminds me of burnt coffee that you left sitting on the machine all day long.

id rather have a bell's breakfast stout or dark horse. avoid.

20794.jpg

fort collins rocky mountain ipa

decent. it isnt bad but it doesnt stand out compared to other ipa's.

id rather have a two hearted ale or a mojo ipa

Midas%20Touch.jpg

dogfish head midas touch

i havent had this in a long time and i hate 4 packs

it has to be awesome for me to get one twice.

someone posted this recently and i wanted to get it again

this is good beer with well balanced flavors going on.

it tastes belgian to me but its not labeled as such

if it has high alcohol content however im always a fan. except for the he'brew

punkin_ale.jpg

dogfish head pumpkin

i continue to try these pumpkin beers to narrow it down to one.

the buffalo bills was tasty but low alcohol,

o fallons was better though.

this did not really taste like pumpkin imo but fuck who wants squash tasting beer anyways

this wins.

high alcohol and cool gold caps.

Heffeweisens can be good if you get the right one. there's plenty of skunky crap out there. Overall one would think the Germans would do it best due to the purity laws, they can't rely on other additives to bring out the taste. There's also a big difference between beer flavored with fruits and the Lambic style, which to me is liquid crack (all fruit taste, sweet, no beer taste).

That Major Tom's was ok when I tried it.

Funny to see that Buffalo Bills, I was just thinkng of that. I'm thinking they changed the label on it, I had that many years ago now and had htought it was good then, but maybe they've switched it up since then. Been trying a bunch of the pumpkin brews for the season, just had Wolavers (I think), not overly impressed. Having that Imperial Pumpking right now, pretty damn tasty. I mught have to stick w/ this for pumpinn brews this season.

Yeah, that looks awesome.

I am always down for coffee stouts.

My neighbor brewed a stout recently. He doesn't have an oak barrel to age in, but he did use french oak chips in his mash. It was pretty good. I was surprised at it. Another few months in the bottles and it will be bangin.

I have had some new things recently. A lot of Nogne and Mikeller. Even a collaboration brew between the two of them.

I'll try and find flix in a bit.

take pics indeed.

I was supposed to go to a tapping of some stupid rare Belgians at a bar in Berkeley tomorrow.

But they changed the tap date. So I dunno when that's happening.

Maybe I'll go out to this nice beer bar here in Oakland and rock out tomorrow night.

If so, photo's included.

fishermans_pumpkin_stout.jpg

I had this last night. It was Surprisingly good. A pretty mellow stout and not too much pumpkin or spice at all. I couldn't really taste the spice after the first couple sips. Pretty easy to drink. I would definitely recommend it.

Tonight I'm having some Stone Ruination. I love Stone so I'm looking forward to it.