The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ agreed but what if you're in the mood for an unbalanced hop bomb or a very intense sour beer?

I'm not standing up for DFH, I couldn't care less about most of their beers. My point is that I'm not always on a quest to find the most perfectly balanced beer...maybe I'm a weirdo like that though.

Draft list from one of my favorite spots in Baltimore - Jacks Bistro in Canton. Nice beer selection (they have an impressive cellar) and really good food too

Weyerbacher "Harvest" Ale- PA

Mikkeller "Beer Geek Breakfast"- Oatmeal Coffee Stout- Denmark

Boulder "Never Summer" Winter Ale- CO

Southern Tier "Jahva" Stout- NY

Nogne "Sunturn Brew"- Dark Ale with Anise- Norway

Wintercoat "Double Hop" IPA- Denmark

St. Patrick's Best Ale- Irish Red

Val Dieu Tripel- Belgium

Backwoods Bastard by Founders is good, but catdangit, that stuff is like 17$ for four 12oz bottles. Founders stuff is really good though. Nobody try that Fireside Chat Yet??? 7.9% and 45 IBUs. A good seasonal dark english ale with spice profile similar to the pumking... sorry Mr.CarWreck that you had to dump your Pumking.

I remember years ago thinking something of their christmas ales but I didn't have any palette back then. No thank you, these days.

Funny you say that. I used to like their Winter Warmer, thought it was good on tap too. Well, maybe their beers got shittier or perhaps my tastes have changed too.

SO, crooks:

The Rauchstar. my intial cracking of the bottle i stuck my nostrail to the bottle & let out a VERY smokey aroma. bacony almost, but NOT overpowering. not as dark & thick as i expected, which i was happy about. 1st swig i took i enjoyed, the smoke is DEF there in every sip...so if you do not like smoked anything. you would HATE this one. overall i liked it alot, i would drink it again. i thint this collab was a win for both of them, a "Scandanavian Smoked Ale" at 9.4% that has inverted crosses & a black metal font.

Hailz, br0.

no doubt... unless i've got a big old piece of cake to go along with it, no more coffee beers.

right now it's a 6 of this stuff:

alaskan-winter-ale.gif

despite the spruce tips, there's zero pine taste anywhere. sweet, malty goodness. I'd like a little less carbonation in it but that's really the biggest complaint. And for $7 a 6-pack, I'm all over it.