The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

As the only other person on here that I've seen comment on sixpoint, I like their shit, but doesn't their brews all seem slightly similar to you?

I agree and I can't put my finger on exactly what it is they're doing to create that but I've definitely noticed it too. Maybe they're using a proprietary blend of hops when brewing their higher ibu beers? I've only had the three I previously mentioned and the Sixpoint Autumnation which is their pumpkin beer (I think).

I've found my summer beer -

Weyerbacher%20Blanche.jpg

/shitty label is shitty

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like their shit, might have to cop that.

Hope the brewery is not close to the radiation.

I just returned from Kiuchi brewery. Give me a chance and I'll post some pics

They had trouble with the earthquake and recently set up a newer brewery to help with distribution growing pains.

They have tested their beer for radiation and its fine. All of Japan is covered with radiation buts its in my humble opinion that its not something to be too concerned with.

The radiation type is a very low level type and at this point its anyone's guess what the real long term effects are.

J govt is not known for publishing its findings in any environmental catastrophe.

for more info on the brewery check

http://www.kodawari.cc/?en_home.html

the architecture of the 200 year old building was beautiful

I chatted with the translator that does all their english promotion

they are trying to expand to hong kong. she was suprised when i told her that hitachino

is actually pretty popular with micro brew loving americans.

I would highly recommend their sake which is actually much better than their beer but only has

a following with older japanese folk. but they dont really distribute that much outside of japan.

i have a pamphlet that I will upload into a pdf format if anyone is interested.

dscf4631l.jpg

dscf4633.jpg

dscf4632o.jpg

dscf4629l.jpg

dscf4636k.jpg

dscf4638.jpg

• Like 2

bolten was aight, füchschen is definitely where its at though, there are the better part of 100 alt biers and thqt beer is the best so far. mind you, ive only tried ,aybe 30 of them, the rest are a town only type deal.

there are few beer experiences equal to sitting in an old--functional--german brewery, eqting a giant pork knuckle (schwinehaxen is cooler to say) drinking a shitload of cask aged beer and having a dude tally up your beers with pencil on a coaster...that shit is plain fucking enjoyable.