The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

I don't want to linger on that argument too much again, but if it's best served after a couple years they should save the shit up & release it when it's in its prime. There's no beer that will last long enough to sit around on my shelf a few years. Shit, they may not even be around as a company by the time their shit is 'aged to perfection.'

No need to linger on old arguments, I thought the "wood aged taste" that you didn't like might diminish with time. some people age beers some people don't, end of story.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could afford this, about $315 total

315dineros.jpg?t=1266185100

Some recent beers -

Brewdog is a Scottish brewery thats been doing big things

brewdogwarrior.jpg?t=1266185233

Clipper City Loose Canon IPA, I also recently had their Yule Tide Belgian tripel which was banging.

cannonballz.jpg?t=1266185315

you can't find Russian River Beers on the east coast, my homies girl had these shipped to him for christmas, one of the best Double IPA's I've ever had.

plineytheelder.jpg?t=1266185496

2425415512_77a0769e85.jpg

abita jockamo

i don't know how you could fuck up an ipa so badly but this one find a way to do so.

this will be the last abita anything i will try. shit beers.

allagash.jpg

allagash tripel ale

this one made me feel less like an idiot after buying that abita. delicious all the way around, smell taste etc.

**the picture has white ale but i'm too lazy to find a tripel ale.

PLINY THE YOUNGER!!!

Was there at the release at Russian River. I was fucking tanked. My neighbor threw up on the side of my girlfriend's car as we drove home. Had to pull out the hose when we got back.

It's at 10.75% ABV this year, so it's not as intense as it has been in past years, but it is rugged nonetheless. I can't imagine having it with food, honestly. It's way too bitter. Kills most other flavors. I suppose that if you have a hard time with spicy food, this beer would be good to kill the spice. Sort of like a dry white wine with Indian food, I guess.

thegogohead- I like your style. The mikeller single hop series is awesome. I haven't seen that collab with brew-dog anywhere. Where bouts in the country are you, if I may ask? A lot of those beers look like they come from a distributor out of MA, aka Shelton Brothers in Belchertown, MA.

If you are in the south, can you do me a huge favor and look for the distributor on the label? I'm bout to move to texas and I want to know a regional distributor so I can tell a beer buyer at a store down there to get in contact with them to get beers I want from Belgian-etc breweries.

oh sierra pale ale, it is the perfect fallback...

when i first started dating my wife we'd drink a lot together, i'd introduce her to various beers i was into, lucky for me she's as into hops as i am so there is little conflict. anyhow one night we got a 12 of sierra pale ale, and after her second beer i grab her bottle and show her the brewers yeast at the bottom (not telling her what it is) and accuse her of backwashing. she was mortified. i let that drag on for a couple weeks, harassing her, not letting her drink out of my glass/bottle, before i explained what it was. she still gets mad about it.

finally got to try all three of these this weekend:

photo.jpg

Eclat - American Oak Wine Barrel-Aged India Pale Ale (aged in merlot and chardonnay barrels)

Nocturna - French Oak Port Wine Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout

(not as good) Aurora - American Oak Wine Barrel-Aged Altbier

Tasters of those three kicked off my long weekend in beer, followed by:

The Reverend - Avery

Black Prince Porter - English Ales

Chimay Red

Big Daddy IPA - Speakeasy

Smokestack Lightning Imperial Stout - Magnolia

Old Thunderpussy Barleywine - Magnolia

tastes of Magnolia: Let It Rauch, Four Winds Quadrupel, Delilah Jones Rye, and Promised Land Imperial IPA

Saison de Lente - The Bruery

Autumn Maple - The Bruery (one of my favorites, sweet and nutty and strong)

Black Orchard - The Bruery (I prefer the White Orchard, a wheat beer with lavender in it)

Asahi (had to have something with the sake... *giggle*)

Two Lane Blacktop - 21st Ammendment

Imperial Jack - 21st Ammendment

tasters of 21st Ammendment: Blind Lust, Hop Crisis, and Beer School

Damnation

Blackthorn Cider

I never got the New Glarus hype. Yeah, it's OK, but even when i lived in Wisconsin for a few months there was almost always something better to order at restaurants and bars, and for sure something better at liquor stores. I'm not knocking it, because they make some good beers, but none of them are really standouts in my opinion.