Damn. You Ever Miss Concerts Cause You Hear About Them Too Far In Advance & Forget?

Pistol

I was looking forward to The Cure playing at the Hollywood Bowl for months.

They cancelled there previous show and posted this one awhile back.

So I decided to check out the Hollywood Bowl website today thinking the concerts coming up and it was last Saturday (3/31). Fuck. I dont like making plans ie. buying tickets too far in advance. I tend to wait until the last minute cause I don't like to be tied down to plans. I sure as hell would lose any notes if I wrote it down. And I dont do email reminders cause I usually have them sent to my 'spam' email that I check once every month or two so that probably wouldnt have helped either.

Another example would be while browsing I saw Reggae Night in August at the Bowl.

So chances are I'll see this thread in September and be like damn missed another one.

currently listening to The Cure - Close to Me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Not concerts, but I have my work Outlook calender remind me of things I need to do (I can set them from home and sometimes work from home). I have birthdays, bills, vacation all that. If I was really high tech like all the people with a work Blackberry where I'm at, I'd just have my reminders set for that, but I don't want one.

isnt antiflag one of those bands that people listen to when they first start listening to punk

like nofx , pennywise etc

whatcha gettin at there guy? did i ever say i "listen" to antiflag???? i said its all about it. now shut the fuck up.

george clinton at the rave in millwaukee i missd hardcore..

if i dont catch ladytron in chicago in june i'mma be pissed off...

and horse the band, and the roots, pigeon john ,kmfdm,hansel+gretal,tool,air,shpongle,the locust,gwar.. hatebreed

and a few random dj's.... and coachella i sleep on every year since 2003

and for some odd reason deftones... dont really like them but they put on a good show

this happens to me all the time

Sick of it All few years ago. I had bought tickets, they cancelled but got booked again...months later my friend calls me "catch you at the show in a minute, ok?" I had completely forgot about it.

And I was miles away. Had to take all kinds of taxi cabs to get there. Only missed a couple of bands before their set....

Yeah, that's what happens to me.

Actually, that happened last week. I read that paul Simon was going to be doing Graceland with David Byrne and Ladysmith Black Mumbazo in a couple of weeks, but it was sold out. Fortunately, I was able to make some calls, and someone came through for me with two free tickets.

And before any of you homos tell me that Paul Simon is not cool, I will just point out that I'm older than you and have better taste in music.

IOU, I try to save the LA Weekly's in a pile so I can flip through and remember the shows but they end up getting buried under other shit.

haha Cure haters. I grew up on that shit classic KROQ new wave shit.

The Cure's been around 20 something years and is still relevant. Not to mention playing at a place like the Hollywood Bowl.

Some chick on American Idol who's decent looking, but no where more spectacular than all the chicks I see at the malls. Besides she's gonna be forgotten in another 2 weeks.

CreamyPotatoe, I know the GZA and the rest of the Wu do alot of shows here in LA at the Knitting Factory etc. but im pretty sure he's plays shit from his other albums. The first one is classic and is one of the few albums I could listen to start to finish.

Pistol I hear you about the Weekly thing. I always forget it. I'm also on a bunch of email lists, but those bands never seem to tour and Myspace as well, but I hate checking that bitch out.

Hollywood Bowl is a great place to see bands, plus you bring in your own spirits and food if you want. Plus the sound is good and if you're up high you can see Hollywood crawling by and the people who park in the hills to catch a glimpse.

i miss so much shit..

and harvey getting salty on some simon shit is awesome.

this thread should turn into some 'don't miss this show' shit

for real. i know some of you anal motherfuckers got shows on your calendar..

all i got is at the gates in july.

and the animals in may.

also limit all concerts to the ny area so i dont get vexed, haha

george clinton at the rave in millwaukee i missd hardcore..

if i dont catch ladytron in chicago in june i'mma be pissed off...

and horse the band, and the roots, pigeon john ,kmfdm,hansel+gretal,tool,air,shpongle,the locust,gwar.. hatebreed

and a few random dj's.... and coachella i sleep on every year since 2003

and for some odd reason deftones... dont really like them but they put on a good show

Wow, The Rave. That is one of my favorite venues, haven't been there for years, would have been a really good place to catch George Clinton. I actually think I saw KMFDM there maybe around 95, 96ish? I can't remember, I used to go there all the time.