Crossroads in my Life (help me out!)

pat-the-baker

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully later in life become a freelance graphic designer....

Owning a computer and knowing how to doodle doesn't make you a designer. Stay in school and become an accountant or some shit.

We have enough "designers" out there who don't know what the hell they are doing. we don't need another one....

i'm 29 years old, I did my secondary school education and dropped out of college. It fucks you for life!!!

I can't go back to education as have a family which means running bullshit jobs trying to catch the best wage.

Don't know where your based but if in europe the market will be flooded with cheap labour from abroad so you are gonna find it increasingly harder to make good money as a painter and decorator.

If you want to be a freelance designer, finish school, study design, go work for some big company churning out generic designs for big bucks while doing your 'cool' thing on the sidelines whilst making a name for yourself.

I'm not anti apprenticeships, I'm sure they are frequently a better idea than college.

Leaving school early is a bad plan though. At least if you finish, then apprentice, when you get sick of getting up at the crack of dawn 6 days a week for like 80 euro in the first year, while all you friends do 11 hours a week in college, you can do a u-turn.

Waking up in the morning? that's your argument against dropping out?

what about when all his friends are in their third year of school not making

a goddamn thing, and he's three years into a trade gettin' motherfuckin'

paid...dude could be driving what he wants, and on his way to owning some

property while his friends are still in school.

well in 10 years his friends will be pullin in good wages while he still struggles, better to look long term that the short term buck.

I don't understand why kids want out of education so badly, ok it sucks not having much money. But nothing sucks as much as working everyday, havin bills and still no money

its highschool - just finish it. don't be emo and whine about it. its one year of your teenage life dude. man up. finish it. then decide on work. realize that you are only 17 and you will be working for a long, long time. why start now?

i made it thru highschool - but had to go to three different ones. i wish i would have gave a shit about it so that i could have gone to college and shit- but the damage was done.

you seem to be missing my point. I'm not telling him not to drop out of college, but high school.

Dude in 10 years he will be sitting on a kushy ass job making more than the fucking laborers, driving better whips than the laborers, waking up at 8am when the laborers get up at 430am. He will be dressed in suits going on lunch and learns when the day laborers are rocking dirty overalls eatting out of lunch boxes, he will be dating fine ass women who want professional dick instead of grimey drunken women who will jump on some vd infested day laborer wang...

Seriously I graduated did the whole laborer thing was making loot while my boys were in college. After they graduated I said fuck it and luckily got bumped up to an office job with a good title. Now I am going back to school so hopefully I can get bumped up higher...

Trust me I know the deal, the cars, the cash, the pussy, the drugs, the opportunities, the houses, the yatchs, the life is better...

and i dought i will get into the colleges i want because i havent been putting any time into my portfolio,

Good call to stay in school. Dought- DOUBT.

There is nothing out here in the real world..stay in school,bang chicks, and enjoy it. You will one day look back and miss those times.

bassically im at a crossroads in my life,

Im 17 and ive been suspended from my final year in school,

I cant decide if i should go back to school so i can go to college,

or if i should leave school and become a painter and decorator with my cousin,

the thing is you dont need any qualifications to become a painter or decorator,

so people think its a shit job and its badly payed,

but my cousin has made more in the last 2 years then a family member i know whos been a teacher for five years,

what do i do 12oz?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

2 of my brothers are in the painting business, My bro gets paid 25+ an hour but he has like 10+ years of experience,

Basically you have to be really good at what you do like anything, The things painters get

paid the most is doing things like lacquer, varnish and things rich people like..

I paint on weekends and it gets really boring after the first 4 hours,

We work regularly 8 hours shifts, and unemployment hits hard during the raining season, So if

you like a job where you work 40+ hours weekly, and dont mind about backpain or anything of the sort then you should

do good. But if you think you could afford school do it, at least get a GED and try to get an AA degree on something nice.. u know..

dudes i am 19! and im a total douche, i need some enlightenment in my life,

I have never read a good book in my life, I watch stupid movies, prolly listen

to the worst music, all my ex's are either sluts or fucking weirdos.and on top of that I have no life..

suicide booths anywhere?

Start torturing your neighbors pets and killing them, then move onto beating up kids smaller then you in the neighborhood and doing horrible things that will scar them for life.. then one day decide to light your parents on fire and kill them then have sex with their dead corpses..

finish the last year or if it's that bad, get your GED. either way you should at least get your ass an associates degree.

if anything take the job in the mean time and make some loot. if you get a ged go to night school for a prep and work in the day.

if you stay in school, fuck that job and get one where you can go to school full time.

take some civil service tests too, it can't hurt.

i didn't read the whole thread, so why did you get suspended from your final year and how does that hold you back from graduating in the long run?

STAY IN SKOOL

HOME BOY, YOU

WILL REGRET IT

IF YOU DON'T

Honestly. If you cant get a high school diploma in this day and age, kill yourself. Niggas are getting laid off hella bad. How are you going to let people on the internet decide your fate that will shape the rest of your life? Stop being gay and just get your high school diploma and then you can go and work and toil in the early hours of the morning and destroy your body through manual labor.

But then again. Its your decision and your life. Decide WISELY. MUHAHAHAHAH

You only got one chance to get the diploma, and then there is the GED. Fuck the GED, get the diploma and find yourself a TRADE. I got my diploma late after I had to go to night school because I failed my senior year by half a credit. I never liked school, in fact I fucking hated it and I still do. I even hated college classes when I was in college. I worked on cars for a few years, now I work in a manufacturing plant. Get a good job in a plant making good money if you are not an academic type of person.