Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
earmuffs

Pizza Appreciation Thread

i scanned through the last few pages of this thread. No mention of L&B and an Hawaiian pizza was posted. i can not take this thread serious...

• LOL! 1

I went to L&B once to see what all the hype was about.  I know there are lot of people who swear by it, but to me, it was nothing out of the ordinary.  This was years ago now but seem to remember it being pretty salty.

I will post some photos from L&B and every other slice I eat when I get to BKLN in a week n a half. Wife is from Kings Plaza area so we always gotta hit up the childhood spots.

Somehow, the last best slice I had was out in fucking Bay Ridge, though. Like 4 years ago. I still think about that slice.

My yearly pilgrimage is just bagels, pizza, and alcohol. Will report back soon.

• Like 1

L&B is in Bay Ridge. ^^^

but to make it clear its the best square in the world but not the best pie or slice i have had. its in the conversation for sure though...  

just make sure you order corners or ends only....

Just had pizza right now. GF went to a gym session next to my favorite pizza place then brought me back a pizza. 

#love

Edited by Pistol

This is one of my go to - like no doubt in my top 5.

Pizza My Heart - Big Sur

Can't really see in this pic but it has tons of roasted garlic.....

20120626-212363-Pizza-My-Heart-Big-Sur.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IHATEU said:

L&B is in Bay Ridge. ^^^

but to make it clear its the best square in the world but not the best pie or slice i have had. its in the conversation for sure though...  

just make sure you order corners or ends only....

L&B is in Bensonhurst, not Bay Ridge.

@the.crooked if you got your slice from one of the older places it's probably still there.  If it's one of the 'newer' joints it may have already folded like a NY slice.

• Like 1

Had a great pie yesterday - half fresh garlic and half pepperoni, but being honest, I always feel like crap after. Not sure my stomach can handle that kind of shit anymore and don't know if its from being older or because I generally eat pretty clean.

@misteravenI too felt like crap today after the pizza. I took down half a medium pizza and pretty much went straight to bed. So that probably didn’t help either. Lactose intolerance could be an issue with certain cheeses as well. My ex developed it. Had it for 10+ years. And suddenly didn’t have any problems with cheese one day. Weird. 

Edited by Pistol

8 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

L&B is in Bensonhurst, not Bay Ridge.

@the.crooked if you got your slice from one of the older places it's probably still there.  If it's one of the 'newer' joints it may have already folded like a NY slice.

Oh I know. I was talking about a separate slice. It was an older place. Not far off the 72nd street stop. 

We were here staying at a feiend’s Apartment down there and it was this one magical period of time where the R train had full service. I half way believe it was a dream. 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, the.crooked said:

this one magical period of time where the R train had full service. I half way believe it was a dream. 

You mean like full sex? To completion? Nice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the.crooked said:

Oh I know. I was talking about a separate slice. It was an older place. Not far off the 72nd street stop. 

We were here staying at a feiend’s Apartment down there and it was this one magical period of time where the R train had full service. I half way believe it was a dream. 

You're slightly off on your stops but if it wasn't across the street from your stop that narrows it down and most of those are still there.  

Little further down and you might be talking about Nino's, people were always crazy over their Sofia Loren slice and the Gran Mama.

And yes, it's true, I've rode the R end to end and back, without delay even!  Right before that magical time on the R there was even a time when you could hit the BQE and be through Brooklyn in a few minutes, and it wasn't even 4am!

Pizza Brooklyn post 1:

pic 1 - Broadway Pizza - Fucking delicious. Just the welcome back I needed. Sauce was fuego. Size was great. Crust was crispy and flavorful. Classic NY slice. 

Pic 2 - Best Pizza - Pero, hipster food ccan be fire. This is fire hipster pizza. Frank L is doing some good shit. Fresh mozz and basil helps highlight  the quality of the other ingredients. Paired with a pitcher of bud heavy is perfect. The light sweetness of an American adjunct lager carries the sugars in the sauce without making anything saccharine. 

0A27D825-C003-46F0-BBA8-F549C80C7519.jpeg

29013024-C836-4E2E-8B69-DB097F731EA2.jpeg

• Like 2

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now