What are you Reading 2008

MekA_OnES?

51QVV54TKRL._SS500_.jpg

316TWEM75SL._AA200_.jpg

41Zi72Vx3TL._SS500_.jpg

Canopus in Argos is a sequence of science fiction novels by Nobel Prize in Literature-winner Doris Lessing which portray a number of societies at different stages of development, over a great period of time. The focus is on accelerated evolution being aided by advanced species for less advanced species and societies.

The novels take place in the same future history, but do not relate a continuous storyline. Each book covers unrelated events, with the exception of Shikasta and The Sirian Experiments, which tell the story of accelerated evolution on Earth through the eyes of Canopians and Sirians respectively.

The Canopus in Argos series as a whole falls into categories of social or soft science fiction due to its focus on human characters and social-cultural issues, and its de-emphasis of the details of scientific technology. This set of writings represented a major shift of focus for Doris Lessing, influenced by spiritual and mystical themes in Sufism, in particular by Idries Shah.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after House of leaves I decided to read more, even though that book pissed me off

24671478.JPG

left at my friends apt. last weekend

i've been kicking myself ever since, so far it's been real good

13708982.JPG

a bit pretentious a bit art faggy

but it's short stories, a few are quite good/funny, i like the way she writes

19612347.JPG

hard read so far, i'll get into more after the top two