gun thread

What they do to your land and crops it is actually horrible and costly.  

On the other hand most ranchers and farmers are against stuff like that because most people can't shoot for obvious reasons @6Pennies mentioned.  The issue with the farmers and ranchers have is that most people miss and scatter the wild hogs on to other land which just keep tearing up their crops and such. 

I think those guys there in the video are clearing for reason opposed to for fun.  There is a lot of this in Texas a lot of farmers and ranchers will pay for people who can actually shoot to come in and clear their land. 

@Fist 666

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Right, eliminating hog populations is about as likely as killing the coyote population. The video of that nonsense is definitively inhumane.

Culling is necessary, got it, I agree.

Making videos for entertainment's sake, wasting meat (wild boar is amazing), and intentionally maiming animals is some of the most cowardly and despicable shit humans do. They can say they aren't "doing it for fun" all they want--nobody uses a belt fed anything without enjoying it.

Not for fun? Don't put it on YouTube. 

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

23 hours ago, ndv said:

What they do to your land and crops it is actually horrible and costly.  

On the other hand most ranchers and farmers are against stuff like that because most people can't shoot for obvious reasons @6Pennies mentioned.  The issue with the farmers and ranchers have is that most people miss and scatter the wild hogs on to other land which just keep tearing up their crops and such. 

I think those guys there in the video are clearing for reason opposed to for fun.  There is a lot of this in Texas a lot of farmers and ranchers will pay for people who can actually shoot to come in and clear their land. 

@Fist 666

I really do think "real"/"true" gun owners need to hold themselves to a hire standard at some point.  Shit like that does us all a disservice....  And armed society is a polite society.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

On 4/9/2024 at 6:04 PM, 6Pennies said:

I really do think "real"/"true" gun owners need to hold themselves to a hire standard at some point.  Shit like that does us all a disservice....  And armed society is a polite society.

Oops!

***"higher"

What happened tot he edit function?

Posted these in the pets thread (LOL). Anyhow, not guns and not my dogs. They belong to a good friend of mine that breeds and trains military work dogs. Couple guns scattered in the photos but figured the dogs sort of relate. 

IMG_4236.jpeg

IMG_4233.jpeg

IMG_4232.jpeg

IMG_4234.jpeg

IMG_4231.jpeg

IMG_4235.jpeg

IMG_4230.jpeg

IMG_4229.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 4:47 AM, One Man Banned said:

Please, expound.....

skeletonized parts, anodized parts, “theme builds”

On 4/1/2024 at 9:50 AM, Fist 666 said:

Like My First AR type builds with a bunch of entry level tacti-cool shit tacked together?

I personally don't think more people owning guns is inherently a plus. Too many dumb motherfuckers in this world, especially our country. 

Yep that too. Multiple lights, backwards optics, bridged optics… and most of all, punisher skulls, Spartan helmets, Moan Labia, thin blue lines, Gadsden flags, or Trump shit 

IMG_7739.webp.e430bb36d58413284dbede519af29d72.webp

IMG_7740.jpeg.3b87cc27e6827b45a1edfbc567efc68f.jpeg

IMG_7735.jpeg.09f69d83642d2283a8235d4a00da2097.jpeg

IMG_7737.webp.43be5f1320c04f6b0f5e5de63fe7a62b.webp

IMG_7742.jpeg.f62b1ddf9b7bf18a479e572496e1b9a1.jpeg

IMG_7741.jpeg.74896c0681db6aa7ee98f32a9c6732f2.jpeg

IMG_7738.thumb.jpeg.549c08ccaebb3b46167519312a3e611b.jpeg

IMG_7736.webp.cb1ebf7ecfd185d501a29e773c788695.webp

• Props 1
  • LOL! 2

3 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

You’d be amazed how prevalent it is. Similar to pep-boys/auto zone shit on cars

I have seen some dope (IMO) commemorative type shit, operational but not really meant to be fired.  I saw this used and in good condition and regret not picking it up since I like pew-pews and choo choos.  They have a Winchester version too.

image.png.2754b8afd4a84cab60ed53e64ca74b72.png

But to those ones you posted, lol.  After I left the page I realized that there probably are guys who use and abuse those, my thought being it would suck balls to have to clean some of those, fuck that.  

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2024 at 1:06 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

skeletonized parts, anodized parts, “theme builds”

Yep that too. Multiple lights, backwards optics, bridged optics… and most of all, punisher skulls, Spartan helmets, Moan Labia, thin blue lines, Gadsden flags, or Trump shit 

IMG_7739.webp.e430bb36d58413284dbede519af29d72.webp

IMG_7740.jpeg.3b87cc27e6827b45a1edfbc567efc68f.jpeg

IMG_7735.jpeg.09f69d83642d2283a8235d4a00da2097.jpeg

IMG_7737.webp.43be5f1320c04f6b0f5e5de63fe7a62b.webp

IMG_7742.jpeg.f62b1ddf9b7bf18a479e572496e1b9a1.jpeg

IMG_7741.jpeg.74896c0681db6aa7ee98f32a9c6732f2.jpeg

IMG_7738.thumb.jpeg.549c08ccaebb3b46167519312a3e611b.jpeg

IMG_7736.webp.cb1ebf7ecfd185d501a29e773c788695.webp

FORTNITE SHIT

• LOL! 1

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.jpeg.c2b3d78ce9e0b8e3d8c5dbd886417f85.jpeg

Posting up my favorite handgun. My milled G20 SF. Normally, I'm a night sites & red dot only type of dude with Glocks, because the only Glocks I've ever seen fail consistently is when people get too Gucci with them and replace all the reliability with dandy boy fancy shit. IMO a Glocks best quality is the reliability, so fucking with that is a bad thing, but they're also the gun with the most after market parts available.

image.thumb.jpeg.e1e20c66a2ecb29246edaf94050cf887.jpeg

Anyway, this build was different. I really sucked shooting it when I first got it because 1) I sucked at shooting, and 2) because of the power, it made me flinch. Shot a friends who had a red dot and noticed I could see/control the flinch much better with a red dot so I made the decision to have the slide milled for RMR with the rear irons in front of the optic. probably put 400 rounds through the first barrel after it got milled and finally got accurate with it. 

image.thumb.jpeg.d256bb016deed8b78b354c0fda608c39.jpeg

Outside of the mill, nite sites, and RMR the only other mod is the KKM Precision barrel just so I could shoot it suppressed (Dead Air Ghost 45)

10mm basically gives you rifle strength at close range, this is the only gun I use in the woods/bear country because of it's power, and the fact I can have 15+1 ready. Usually carry it with 140 grain solid copper penetrator rounds 1500+ FPS, 700 ft lbs. of energy at the muzzle. Still not my every day carry but it gets carried at least once, or twice a week when I hit the mountains. Have a concealed and a open carry holster. Also shares mags with my Kriss Vector so kinda nice for a covert SHTF pairing.

image.thumb.jpeg.60f09a7a98ae7f34075a269582017825.jpeg

• Like 3

@Mercer reason why modded guns fail is because most peopler aren't qualified to mod them. Guess there's no formal spec for what qualifies as "Gucci", but when I hear the term, I think Salient, Taran Tactical, Q, Noveske and stuff like that. Those aren't generally find that fail. Most the gins I've seen fail are more just low end guns that can handle being run hard in classes I've taken. Outside of that, it's only been the occasional out of spec part or usually gas / pressure issues or shit ammo that are both pretty easily resolvable. As far as the brands I listed, I know they do pretty extensive testing so I'd be surprised to see something fail, though I've actually broke a salient firing pin before as well as had big issues with one of their BCG's that was slightly out of spec. 

Anyhow, that G20 is looking sweet, but feel the stock Glock trigger pretty much sucks. How'd you manage to beat up your RMR that bad?

2 hours ago, misteraven said:

@Mercer reason why modded guns fail is because most peopler aren't qualified to mod them. Guess there's no formal spec for what qualifies as "Gucci", but when I hear the term, I think Salient, Taran Tactical, Q, Noveske and stuff like that. Those aren't generally find that fail. Most the gins I've seen fail are more just low end guns that can handle being run hard in classes I've taken. Outside of that, it's only been the occasional out of spec part or usually gas / pressure issues or shit ammo that are both pretty easily resolvable. As far as the brands I listed, I know they do pretty extensive testing so I'd be surprised to see something fail, though I've actually broke a salient firing pin before as well as had big issues with one of their BCG's that was slightly out of spec. 

Anyhow, that G20 is looking sweet, but feel the stock Glock trigger pretty much sucks. How'd you manage to beat up your RMR that bad?

I'm considering the Glock performance trigger that Glock makes, and I've heard great things about it (they're $70 down from $100+ now) so I might go that route eventually if they have one for the G20 SF., but I'm at peace with the mushiness for now. Think I banged it up training with some of the LP dudes where we were doing burpees, rolls, crawls and all sorts of shit. Didn't notice that myself until I looked at the photos. They don't make a good Safariland holster for that model for some reason, so my optic is exposed hiking back country, off roading, and everything else I do above 10k feet.

As for the Gucci, we're probably thinking 2 different things. I see people who spend too much time/money modifying their own Glocks. Money that's probably better spent on ammo and range time. With the people I shoot with, I see the equivalent of shitty benzes sitting on 10K worth of rims that don't match, as opposed to an AMG from the factory dialed in. I don't know anyone here who has a full professional Salient Build, I bet nobody even knows what that is. Professional Glock builds are probably fit the "Gucci" better in your sphere.

What I see is people have a tendency to build themselves into reliability issues, and swear by the idea you need to upgrade basically everything on a Glock, when they're great guns who's reliability is their best feature out of the box.