gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

People need to get more creative with their shot gun shells. I suggest you cop these evil fuckers right here. Forget buck shot, shred people up son

AMM-005.jpg

shotgun_flechette.gif

demonstration video of all types of shot gun shells including those. I bet you can make your own shells. Probably quite illegal, but pretty awesome

• 4 weeks later...
People need to get more creative with their shot gun shells. I suggest you cop these evil fuckers right here. Forget buck shot, shred people up son

AMM-005.jpg

shotgun_flechette.gif

demonstration video of all types of shot gun shells including those. I bet you can make your own shells. Probably quite illegal, but pretty awesome

There is a guy at the gun shows around my way that always has these and a bunch of other types of shotgun shells for sale. My buddy got a pack of those and a pack of flame rounds, he won't shoot 'em though. Saving them for some "special" occasion i guess.

I want to put together an AR 15 out of an assembled upper kit, everything sans the lower receiver and add the lower receiver myself. I see quite a few websites that sell the kits, most of them have the barrels headspaced and test fired, but I am wary of which ones sell shitty quality kits and which ones sell legit stuff. Anyone have any experiences?

unless you are familiar with the AR platform, i'd urge you to just buy either a complete rifle or complete upper and lower receiver and just slap together. i would not suggest tackling putting together a complete upper from parts.

as for complete uppers.... rock river arms, bushmaster and LARUE TACTICAL are where its at. get the larue if you can afford it.

pete @ legal transfers/http://www.ar15sales.com/ is the go to guy for everything rock river.

you can get a complete entry tactical from him almost for less than you can assemble a complete rifle. he is also the only guy that has the uber tacticoool/high resale 'US property' marked lowers.

• 3 weeks later...
any of you guys knowledgeable about knives?

looking to get a fixed blade for camping

if you can find a Utica Sportsman with no chips in the blade your fucking golden. ive sharpened that knife 4 times since ive had it and i used it every single day for about 6 months all together.

and regarding the laser sight on a shotgun, for those of us who dont want to have holes all in our house as evidence, we use slugs. laser sights help with slugs and shotguns (in my opinion) werent designed to shoot them.

please god dont get that knife.

if your looking for a decent fixed blade your going to be spending atleast 60.

but tell me what your going to use it for more specifically, are you going to be using it with a club to chop down a sapling for structure construction? skinning small game? scaling fish? digging small hole?

and i can vouch for this knife: its good. a little on the heavy side tho.

http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?event=product.detail&productID=3041

Damn those Buck knives are nice. I would be hesitant to be rough with it.

I'm gonna want to be able to: throw it at trees, take it on hikes, use as a wedge for cutting small firewood, chopping veggies for dinner around the fire, possibly opening canned goods, maybe cutting bait/gutting fish, widdleing, & general bullshit around the house after the trip.

I'll check out Ontario.

chicago is having their annual gun turn in day 2morrow. $100 for and assault rifle, $75 for hand guns, $25 for bb guns or anything that looks similar to a real gun. no questions asked and u get paid in a visa gift card cuz before people would turn in shitty guns and go buy better ones..lol just some info for u gun lovers.. i thinks its a big joke cuz if they really want guns off the street they should offer alot more wtf is $100 buks wen one day that gun might save my life

I realize the trolls have gone and we have moved on as well, but still;

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. ---Thomas Jefferson

this, and this -

"One of these centuries, the brutes, private or public, who believe that they can rule their betters by force, will learn the lesson of what happens when brute force encounters mind and force." - Ragnar Danneskold, from Atlas Shrugged

I want to put together an AR 15 out of an assembled upper kit, everything sans the lower receiver and add the lower receiver myself. I see quite a few websites that sell the kits, most of them have the barrels headspaced and test fired, but I am wary of which ones sell shitty quality kits and which ones sell legit stuff. Anyone have any experiences?

Check Bravo Company USA or Spike's Tactical if you got a budget and want quality. You can get a complete upper from spike's for $475 right now.

It includes:

M4 feed ramps

Chrome lined barrel

Magnetic particle testing on every barrel

F marked front site (Phosphate finished under)

1/7 twist

4150 barrel

5.56 chamber

Auto BCG properly staked w/ MP tested bolt

ST-T2 buffer

A similar upper at Bravo Co. is about $580. It doesn't come with handguards or a buffer, but lots of people will argue that the quality is a little better than spike's.

Either on is a pretty good deal though. I would go with a Mid Length gas system rather than Carbine length while you're at it. ( It's a little softer shooting and easier on the working parts of the rifle.)

DSA arms had complete lowers for around $200 last time I checked, or you could go lurk around AR15.com and drown in information before you buy.. That's what I did before building my second AR, and I think it helped a lot.

i think i asked AOD this b4 but i cant remember...

under the NFA r automatic weapons banned in PA?

i can't find answers any-were...

to my knowledge PA has no statute against NFA weapons on the state level.

if you can pass the NFA/Class III background check... you can own an NFA item in PA

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...