Ironlak

androidx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bates_tips.jpg

Winter is the coldest season of the year,This is how to stay on top of the game.

painting in -10, these tips are handed down from generations to generation

Step 1. Place your spraycans on the heater,the day before..

or speed up the tempo,if youre in a hurry, use the toaster!!

make sure you remove the plastic donuts and nozzles(no melting)

Keep an eye on at all times!

Step 2.Wrap it up in a towel,put it in a plastic bag and close.

Step.3 Put in your backpack and youre ready to face the cold weather outside.

Step.4 Keep your bag off the ground,to avoid the cans getting colder faster!!!

-use a milk crate if possible(to place your backpack)

Good luck!Have fun in the snow...

All season writer. january 2010.

Ironlak is fucking amazing. The way it smoothly leaves the can and coats the surface blows me away, it's perfect. I can moderately tolerate the smell, but all in all it's awesome.

I also like how it's rater cheap, and comes in so many damn colors. The shop by me sells Ironlak for only $5 a can, Montana $5.50, and Belton I think for $6. I still think Ironlak is the best, especially for being the cheapest around my area.

bates_tips.jpg

Winter is the coldest season of the year,This is how to stay on top of the game.

or you can buy those hand warmers and tape it to your can! i just moved from socal to washington and the first thing i notced was how bad iornlaks lose pressure in the cold. however i still love iornlaks and the way they smell! two cents!

bates_tips.jpg

Or, you could just get a bag like this, it designed to keep things hot or cold, just put warm cans in it, with a bottle of hot water, keep it zipped, it holds about 25 cans, and then you dont have to worry about it.

Cooler_Bag.jpg

A few things to ironlak. First, what do the ratios convert too under the ingredients section in the msds? And is the amount of toulene affecting the smell/scent that everyone seems to be complaining about? also, 750ml tar black, white, and silver cans equiped with a winter valve(check molotows technology). That would be sick. thanks

I could really care less about the winter valve since we kinda don't have a winter in AZ.. But the chemical breakdown would be a nice way to see what is really in the product were using.. I'm more than sure ironlak can adjust the perfume/scent they use in their mix but would that affect the flow or thickness of the paint.? But what is toulene.? Is that like some chemical agent that covers the smell.? I personally think montana(black) has the best scent (if none at all) but Lak is more bang for the buck..

seoren,

I believe the MSDS is available on our website and the Toluene content is around 2% so 312gm x 2% is about 6 grams roughly. But to answer your question this isn't what causes the smell, we don't actually add any toluene that comes already in our resin, but as its present we need to declare it on the MSDS.

As for the winter comment, we realise that other brands do things differently but we also believe that the "technology" is already in the product today we just had someone use the Tar and Normal Ironlak in some extremely cold temps and the results we're pretty impressive, so in that regard we feel like the product already does what it needs to do, from what we've been told its actually pretty good in the cold compared with other brands and this is from credible writers in Canada and the Midwest where it really counts.

iorts3 we're actually playing with some fragrance adjustments at the moment to reduce the smell, the changes will probably start filtering through into stock towards the end of Spring at a guess.

Thanks

dude, shit will always fade as long as the sun will always shine.. the weather shows no mercy and i dont see why this is even a complaint.. if its not buffed in 3months it'll probably fade out anyway unless your hitting up sewers and underground trenches in which case no one will see or care for it.. then it'll fade from rat piss.. lol