Ironlak

androidx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAN-KILLER,

So do matador and Soviet in Ironlak. You missed the whole point which we explained pretty clearly, when you mix white with Red you get a pink or purple and with that white pigment comes the fading, the straight red pigment on its own isn't being attacked by white pigment so is under far less pressure and means a straight red will last substantially longer. You mix it with white and the white pigment reflects light straight back onto the red pigment breaking down its UV resistance far quicker.

williemayeshayes

Glad you liked the paint, Ironlak performs pretty well in cold conditions, all brands suffer in extreme conditions which is why the other brand lost pressure, that being said Ironlak performs better than most.

Could this also be attributed to the fact that white pigment has titanium dioxide? I had a few issues with this very problem a few years ago at another job I had. The titanium dioxide used in the pigments for the ink made the laminate substrate peel. We only noticed this on colors that had this specific color combination that was a red hue. We also had UV protectants in place....but this was a film that was overlayed on top of the sign, not a part of the pigment itself.

Drumroll please....

ironwak4.jpg

ironWAK.jpg

ironlak3.jpg

ironwak1.jpg

ironwak2.jpg

*Please note that on the first picture (DRC and HOER), the DRC straightletter was painted with all rustoleum, the HOER straightletter was unfortunately painted with Ironlak. You be the judge...

This post was brought to you in part by the Rustoleum Corporation. Saving graffiti, one wise decision at a time.

this is redic...i have a commision i did with ironlak last year on the side of a building...sun shines on it all day everyday and has yet to show signs of fading...i dont know what you guys are doing wrong at all to have your shit fade....but i stand behind ironlak all the way

Okay even asphalt fades in the sun, what is it you expect ironlak to do? Get more vibrant in hue? You cannot compete with the friggin' sun - its unbeatable. Now snow and rust on the the other hand - yeah ironlak is the way to go. From what I have seen at least. All paints fade, unless or course you happen to come up on that 1st generation of Chrome spraycans that came out in the 1950's Its chalked full or lead and there are still tags out there burning with it, but that is lead paint - you pay with your lunges and liver for utilizing it. That is not worth it, doing burners that last good for a year, or long enough to get the flicks are.

Hahaha, you guys take this shit so personal. Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. :(

I've used Ironlak. Covers good, nice colors, smells better than God's farts...you catch my drift. It's unfortunate that it fades so incredibly fast.

I've seen no proof that the "new formulas" don't fade, chip, or peel- only statements from Ironlak employees and writers who get it dirt cheap/free through sponsorship. Brutally honest assholes like me should do nothing but motivate Ironlak to put out a decent product. Since it's debut in the states, problem after problem comes up after writers use it and give their feedback. First, leaking valves...second, severe fading...

Why does this paint keep climbing in price? Oh wait, they're starting to upgrade their ingredients to be competitive with all of the other 34928591836423 paint brands out there for writers.

i just got my 1st load of ironlak over here in the uk and im pretty impressed with it...even got myself a mask to deal with the smell!

i have a q though...why did you sell the rights here in the uk to graphotism? you know they will make it £6 a can no matter what RRP you give it...

Question: For ironlak, how do you guys give 3 caps a can? The skinny and the 2 black fats? As everyone knows that most cans come with one, how do you get that extra money to develope 2 more to give free with every can? Would the price of the can itself drop if you minus'd the 2 fats? Also, the newer ironlaks without the clear valve cover , were better due to the fact that it stores the 2 fats, and not just poppin them in your pocket or putting them inside the small black one. My bad if this question was asked before.

I think the answer to your question has to do with how many caps they have already made. After my friend got a bulk order of ironlak (the leakers) he was also sent a bag or ironlak stock tips, a lot of them. Im guessing theres a surplus or those caps just laying around in their warehouse.

Another thing about this paint, it was designed by Australian writers who primarily hit a lot of clean trains. Trains get buffed eventually, so I dont think the severe fading problem would be have been a big issue with them - but since they have taken their product abroad, other writers are using in other places on various surfaces that dont get buffed.

Any coat of paint under the sun will lose pigmentation. Unless its lead paint.

Word.. possibly, i probably wont ever know til someone from tha ironlak fam hits up this place and replies. Thats alot of fuckin surplus if thats true, but i dont think it is due to the fact that every can comes with them. and thats alot of fuckin cans

correction on my other post "The clear cover was better then the black cap cover..."