Ironlak

androidx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a conversation over the pro's and con's with a while back with a few dudes in the yard. I had stop them half way through. If this the newest trend in graffiti ? The flavor of the month? Can I expect to see all the toys raving about it ? A guy in my own crew try to bust balls " what, you dont know about ironlack, where do you live , under a rock" But.not to sound coy , but I remember when can control came out, and writers were bitching about that.. Another continuation of commercialization of something that used to be down right dirty. .. what ever happen to mixing your own paint, stealing caps off household products.. another writer selling out to make a buck, that all see with ironlak, now that I know whose fingers are in.. Sorry for venting.

No, ironlak is not the flavor of the month. Its good, low pressure, high quality, competitive priced paint for those who do not wish to rack, but wish to maximize the amount of painting they can do for the amount of money they have to spend.

Yes, ironlak did have problems originally with fading, which I understand has been rectified. Yes, they had leaker cans, which was also rectified long ago.

Having used ironlak, and knowing a good bit of people who use it, as well as people who are working on it, i can tell you they are stand up people, who are only concerned with delivering a standfast, quality product, at an extremely affordable price.

Use rusto if, seems like you only came in here to resolidfy that fact.

I've had no leakers, no fading (in AZ sun) and it dries relatively fast.. But the only issue I have with Ironlak is that super strong smell, I mean for reals!! I was doing some stencils on my balcony, trying out a new supply of colors.. My neighbor downstairs came to complain about a smelling fumes and I told him I would chill on the painting.. The next morning (more than HOURS later) he was knocking on my door complaining about the smell still.. I walked out on my patio and true enough, the smell still lingers.. WTF? I noticed this when living at mom's crib but I thought it came from painting inside my room.. But IRONLAK I'm asking what's up with the smell and can yall fix it or is that just how it is.? I really don't wanna fuck wit those "other guys" but even belton(molotow) and. Mtn hardcore wasn't that strong.. I know I'm bitching but I don't want my manager comin at sideways cause I wanna paint.. Wtf can I do about that smell.? Its stronger than the fuckin hulk!!

Having a conversation over the pro's and con's with a while back with a few dudes in the yard. I had stop them half way through. If this the newest trend in graffiti ? The flavor of the month? Can I expect to see all the toys raving about it ? A guy in my own crew try to bust balls " what, you dont know about ironlack, where do you live , under a rock" But.not to sound coy , but I remember when can control came out, and writers were bitching about that.. Another continuation of commercialization of something that used to be down right dirty. .. what ever happen to mixing your own paint, stealing caps off household products.. another writer selling out to make a buck, that all see with ironlak, now that I know whose fingers are in.. Sorry for venting.

:rolleyes: cmon now.

C'mon dpms, Ironlak is only trying to make that down and dirty shyt a lil easier for the few that are down and those that'll get dirty.. Great colors, good coverage, and a nice price tag.. There's really nowhere I can rack paints of this quality (without gettin beat in the back alley) so it does it for me.. I feel like they know what's good and know what WE need, QUALITY, inexpensive paint, crazy variety, covers nice.. Keep it hood if you want, rackin cans and what not.. But ironlak is a company that I can say is definately looking out for US.. Another group of writers trying to commercialize.? Nah, more like a group of dudes doin what they can.. (for cheap too) oh, and you can still do some good mixing.. My only beef..... that smell.. Lol, 4real..

i use ironlak alot. the only thing i dont like is its not the best for frieghts and like u have to use a really fat cap to get a thick line. like it doesnt have that tubey effect that i love for hands. the paint clogs up skinny caps like no other too. its cheap tho with dope colours that cover and never drip. when i do inside jobs i almost always use ironlak.

fuck you guys whinge like a group of old women at bingo!!

i'm sick of hearing "It fades in 6 months, it clogs, it smells, im wak and have no can control so i blame the paint"

You should thank yourself lucky you have choice in paints and that paint companies are listening to graff artists to improve their paint. I, like many others, started when choice was between 3 or 4 brands of paint. You ungratefull bastards are spoilt for choice!

Use your brain and stop repeating what everyone else has said 1000 times before you. If you dont like using it, then quit ya whining and go use something else

Many props to Ironlak for puttin in the yards and helping with the issues these shits throw at you. Not many companies can say they're going global

iron lack sucks ..it fade horrifically

Then stop using in on a peice of wood in your backyard or under bridges & go hit some spots that will actually get buffed within 6 months. You guys are such fucking pussies complaining about the smallest things.

Ironlak ftw.

i dont know about you, but i'd like my shit to run bro. if theyre worried about fading, buy something else or take a damn picture.

remember bro, graff is whatever you want it to be, cant hate on them if they wanna paint a certain type of spot or whatever

you can't hate on them for the spots they hit, but you can hate on them for being pussies when they're spoilt for choice and whinge about shit

they need to take a step back and realise how good they have it

Paint companies catering for graff artists wasn't heard of 15 years ago

Another suggestion is just use colours that don't fade, there are only a handful of colours that actually fade, as these colours will fade in any brand. So regardless of what brand you use stick with colours that are going to take a lot longer to fade if your shit is going to run for a long time.

I came to the conclusion that you need different tools for different jobs.. If you need to save a few bux and still do a smooth piece go for Lak.. If you need good freight paint, Rusto or Mtn Hardcore, etc.. etc.. Just play around wit all kinds of shyt and see what work for you for you different tasks..