The Wire: Season 5

eye for an eye

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to take in The Wire as they are released, but man, that last episode was pretty cool.

Marlo is serious business, and I wonder how many soldiers he has. And, fuck, I hope Method Man gets it soon. What a snake.

What I found hilarious was the scene where McNulty and the fabricator from the paper discuss the phone call.

I don't see how anyone can be complaining about this season...Marlo and Omar are goin straight wild

Word.

Honestly the only thing that bothered me is the Clay Davis storyline and some of the media stuff, however I like what they have done with it. They shown you how the media gets down, and how people make up stories and exaggerate things for their own purposes, which I think a lot of people don't even take into consideration when they read the newspaper or they watch stuff on TV.

Like I've said previously though, all of that stuff will probably tie itself together by the end of the season making it seem all worth while.

I think McNulty is bugging out, yeah it may seem like a stretch but as AyeBee has said, cops lie all the fucking time to get you in, so it doesn't seem that phony to me.

Anyway I want to see Avon at least one more time and see where everything is going on that end of the series.

What happened to Dook?? Did he get shot in the leg during that shoot out in the condo??

That wasn't Dookie, why in the fuck would he be with Chris and Snoop?

Yes michael was there but still man, you saw the way dookie was shooting at the river, michael knows better than to bring dookie to a shoot out with Omar.

Speaking of Omar, I'm rooting for him, Marlo's going to follow suite with Prop Joe, Bell, and Barksdale. Omar might not be the one to kill him, but Marlo is gonna get his.

I cant fucking wait for the marlo/omar fight to happen. OMAR IS PISSED. and that is one person I would never want to piss off.

and I happen to like the media subplot so far. its not as fast paced as the other subplots were, but its doing a fucking excellent job of bringing up all the issues print media is faced with right now.

I agree. I TOTALLY TAKE BACK whatever criticisms i made about the newsroom... This weekend i re-watched a few episodes from this season, and i had mis-judged. the newsroom is actually very interesting. I actually love the scenes where the reporters are critiquing each others' articles, and helping with word choice... it's a totally departure from the usual show, and it feels very real.

I hope Omar kills that bitch snoop. That trick needs to get murked for sure... she's only standing because Chris keeps her in check...

And I hope some crazy person copycats the fake killer and grabs up that reporter who keeps on with the lies in his stories... and they make that fool feel that shit for real. That punk keeps getting that cool ass editor cat punked by the bosses.