iPod Touch

MekA_OnES?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i have an ibook, its old but its ok, i also have like the really new apple and its ok, but i just think they are extremley overated

they have a lot of problems and they arent compatible with a lot of programs out there

its nice and all but i just think that apple is a little bleh

the new stuff is over-priced, particulary in the uk.

but me personally I've never had the problems that some people have with macs. my laptop's 6 years old now and still going strong.

compatibility is a fucker though. in buenos aires finding mac compatable anything is basically impossible. there's a mac store there(the only one in s.america) but they don't as much as the stores in europe. and compared to everything else in the city the prices are outrageous.

also it took me months to find a mac-compatable wireless service there.

when people hate on apple, i wish they would die so i wouldnt have to listen to them talk anymore

people complain about ipods dying. find me a comparable mp3 player that doesnt have problems. you cant, because they dont exist. not that one doesnt exist that doesnt have problems, they just dont exist period. oh, sorry, there's the zune. the only people who have zune's are douchebags and assholes, who want to talk about how much apple sucks. apple sucks so much that they reinvent technology every time they put something out. no one comes close to them in terms of quality, asthetics and ease of use. i have not touched a pc in years that didnt have a constant pop up telling me it was blocking some adware. thanks for suplimenting the annoyance of pop ups, with a pop up telling em you blocked a pop up. awesome.

im sure its possible to run a pc without those problems, but i havent seen one lately. then again, i havent looked, cause i just have ibooks and they work awesome.

end rant.

Fag out and buy a Zune like this guy.

zuneguy-name-change.jpg

One Zune tattoo? Chalk it up to overzealous fanboyism. Two Zune tattoos? Well, that's just ridiculous. By the third tattoo, even the Internet community, eager to embrace human absurdity in all its splendor, begins to get a bit bored.

So, where do you go from there? How about having your name legally changed to Microsoft Zune.

Guest shai_hulud

Happy (belated) birthday.

The Touch is the first iPod I've seen that looks really cool. It was like they read my mind when I thought, "The iPhone would be cool if it wasn't a phone, but it did all the other shit..had wifi and a browser, and a few useful utilities." And, lo and behold. The big selling point for me is the solid state storage...I don't think you're going to see the storage failure issues on these iPods (except the glass screen is a little worrisome).

I'm not a big Apple fan, but this is a pretty awesome device. I want to see how they do in the real world...and wait till the price comes down about fifty bucks or so.

I use a PC for work everyday and a Mac at home for personal use everyday. I am working in both worlds. I won't go into why I care for one over the other but I will say that as an artist who cares for quality and aesthetics in the same product... Apple wins without a fight.

Apple products may be priced higher than a PC but if you look at resale value you're making the right decision going with a Mac. A $900 PC in three years will sell for less than $400 on ebay... whereas a $1200 will sell for at least $800 to $850. In those terms you're making more of your money back on a Mac. However, this is not the only reason to buy a Mac.

I've owned all generations of ipods up to the 2nd gen Nano. I've never once had a problem with any of them and I used them just about everyday. I still use my 2nd gen Nano everyday and it's been through hell.

I will get an iphone when Apple updates the wi-fi...

find me another hand held technology driven product that gets used as much as ipods do, that lasts longer. any product. if you used a blender as much as people use their ipods, it would burn out in the same amount of time. the average lifespan of a cell phone is about a year and a half. all my ipods have lasted longer than that, despite being dropped, thrown and abused.

people are kinda retarded. you're dealing with delicate technology here, they're going to be prone to failure, its the nature of the beast. if you want 15,000 songs in the palm of your hand, there will be trade offs. people talk as if ipods just suck, but _______ is a great product. there are no other proven alternatives, so stop talking. you're right, ipods suck in comparison to a magical machine that only exists in your head. good job.

this rant is dedicated to all the dipshits who complain, however it is not directed at anyone in speciic.

it is also mind numbingly senseless.

I use a PC for work everyday and a Mac at home for personal use everyday. I am working in both worlds. I won't go into why I care for one over the other but I will say that as an artist who cares for quality and aesthetics in the same product... Apple wins without a fight.

I am doing the same thing and I really like my powerbook.

I like Apple, but i refuse to spend that much money on a MP3 player. Or phone or anything else like that, but i am also a cheap ass motherfucker.

find me another hand held technology driven product that gets used as much as ipods do, that lasts longer. any product. if you used a blender as much as people use their ipods, it would burn out in the same amount of time. the average lifespan of a cell phone is about a year and a half. all my ipods have lasted longer than that, despite being dropped, thrown and abused.

people are kinda retarded. you're dealing with delicate technology here, they're going to be prone to failure, its the nature of the beast. if you want 15,000 songs in the palm of your hand, there will be trade offs. people talk as if ipods just suck, but _______ is a great product. there are no other proven alternatives, so stop talking. you're right, ipods suck in comparison to a magical machine that only exists in your head. good job.

this rant is dedicated to all the dipshits who complain, however it is not directed at anyone in speciic.

it is also mind numbingly senseless.

Bravo.

I retract my previous comment about the headphone jack. I took it in today to be looked at, and it turns out there was some kind of little plastic fragment lodged in the headphone jack that prevented it from snapping in properly. one quick shot of canned air and I was good to go.

Guest shai_hulud
i think that apple has the technology to make ipods that last for a very long time

but if they did that, they wouldnt make that much money

therefore they dont so people have to continually buy new products

I'm sure your all familiar with planned obsolescence....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence

...which is an essential component of capitalism.

And seeking- my biggest gripe with the iPod was (and still is) the fact that carrying a hard drive in your pocket is a bad idea. Now that it seems like they're heading towards a solid state storage medium, they're more likely to get my money.

Plus it looks cool...I think that's one of the biggest selling points for Apple (after all, it IS a hardware company).

thank you! someone who agrees. and they aren't even quality. only ipod's that were good were the old 6gb small ones. that one never failed me.

yeah anything more than 8gb is a harddrive and anything 8 and less is a thumb drive so thats why the small gb ones dont break and the 80gigs break if you drop them

Obviously, it's more than just aesthetics...

image002.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the past while, evidence has been popping up hither and thither that Mac usage at universities and college campuses is starting to snowball; a recent image from the University of Missouri’s school of journalism shows an astounding number of students with Macs. With safety and ease of use becoming of paramount importance to university network security, could it be that colleges will move to endorse Apple products exclusively?

Past evidence suggests that graduate schools have seen the most vivid change from Windows-centric machines to Macs, but University of Missouri’s School of Journalism computing page reveals some very interesting facts:

“Students are encouraged to acquire wireless laptop technology from Apple, which the School has designated as its preferred provider, but students also will have a choice of a Windows-based alternative. Last year, 99.5 percent of incoming students chose the Apple option.”

A truly awesome number, 99.5% of incoming students swung their votes to Apple. If you were considering selling your Apple stock, perhaps now would be a good time to reconsider.

“Q. What brand or model should I buy?

A. The faculty has designated Apple Computer as its preferred provider for two primary reasons: (1) Apple’s OS X operating system is based on Unix, which makes these computers far less susceptible to viruses than other computers. Viruses are a serious problem on university campuses. (2) Apple iBook and PowerBook computers come bundled with iLife, a suite of applications ideal for learning the basics of photo editing, and audio and video editing. We’ll use those programs in several classes. Incoming students will receive information on recommended models and pricing in February of each year.”

Therein lie the true details of why colleges and universities worldwide may very well stop endorsing Windows-based machines in favor of Macs:

1. Safety is of the utmost concern on college campuses and universities today; most campuses are implementing strong measures to keep students from illegally downloading material from the internet, first because it is illegal, but secondly because of the risk such activity poses. Unix-based OS X is safer (save the debate about why for another day); thusly it would be sensible to endorse Apple products for the safety of the campus networks.

2. Functionality of iLife seems to be a major concern for the school of journalism, obviously, but there is another issue here: the overall ease-of-use for OS X and Apple products is far greater than that of any Windows product today. It would seem logical that the less time the computer help desk or network managers have to spend explaining functionality to students, the happier they will be.

This could signify a serious shift in focus on college campuses globally; either way, now might be the worst time to consider selling that steadily growing Apple stock.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even stupid kids in college know that a Mac is the right thing to buy.

BTW... how many threads do we need that end up in an e-argument on why Apple products are good?

Guest shai_hulud
apple makes good products

but when they start to mess up people go "oh my god what is happening?"

i guess my whole thing is i just think that apple and their products are pretty overated

Overrated? No, in that they definitely push consumer technology forward. Historically, their products over the years have been way ahead of the competiton as far as innovation and simplicity.

Overpriced? Yes. Virtually all of the internal components that Apple uses for their hardware/devices is available off-the-shelf. They probably don't pay any more for the fancy packaging the guts come in than anyone else....but, what you ARE buying is the name, and the image that goes along with it.

And, as long as people are willing to pay for the brand, the sky is the limit as far as price is concerned.

Overpriced? Yes. Virtually all of the internal components that Apple uses for their hardware/devices is available off-the-shelf. They probably don't pay any more for the fancy packaging the guts come in than anyone else....but, what you ARE buying is the name, and the image that goes along with it.

I definitely agree. Their products are expensive but if you want a quality product you have to pay the price. I can give you a series of comparisons but really, I don't think it's necessary. I'm not saying that a PC is bult to last a week but I am saying that Apple makes a well designed, incredibly user-friendly good looking computer. There's so much no-brainer-ness to using one that it's an easy sell to someone whose never used a computer before or is looking to upgrade.

And in regards to other porducts having come up with the technology first... why did those products not make the same splash in the market? What was wrong with those products? A company connot launch a revolutionary product and not have it create a major buzz unless there was something wrong with it. Was it that it was only compatible with Windows? (if I didn't hate emoticons so much I would have inserted some sort of smirk face here...)