MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

Guest Sparoism

I use ink in pens, since I don't have a factory to make that Uni shit with.

Slightly thinned Odds n' Ends or Shortcuts works sometimes, but it's not a sure thing. It takes practice, too.

Ink is a no-brainer. Here's to having no brains!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ATTENTION

for drippy tags over filled pilots are dope just make sure the ink u over fill the pilot with will be compatable with the pilot ink, also as far as markers for tags ON THE RUN=GAY i suggest makeing your own markers they are always the dopest, as far as MOPS get a kiwi pour some griffen, fibings, marsh, corio, garvey what ever tickles your fancey into the mop, as for advancing the mop i suggest u pull out the pump flow system (the green swirly thing in the top) WARNING: when pumpflow system is removed if u suck and arent that much of an experianced writer your tags may turn out to look like a giant blob, if u pull out the flow system u DO NOT i repeat DO NOT need to squeeze your mop!! and do not tell me it does not work, i use the mops with out pump flows with etch so just be careful and be safe just fuck around have fun

Im having some leeho problems, im wondering if anyone can help, everytime i take the cap off, ink shoots out of the top for some reason... what could the problem be? Does it have something to do with the valve, or is my nib over saturated or something... its really pissing me off because i keep getting ink all over myself... thanks for the help.

Originally posted by DOOTS!@Dec 26 2005, 06:34 AM

Does the nibs on the kiwi bottle last awhile with you guys or do i just WRITE TO DAM HARD WITH IT?

its probably the surface youre writing on.

mailboxes, garbage cans, street light call boxes, (anything with a smooth surface) = good.

rough surfaces are what kill mop tops.

( i wrote on a dumpster, and it was dark, and i didnt see the bubbled up rust that they painted over, and it tore my mop to shit)

Guest Sparoism
Originally posted by DOOTS!@Dec 26 2005, 02:34 AM

Does the nibs on the kiwi bottle last awhile with you guys or do i just WRITE TO DAM HARD WITH IT?

No, they don't last and strong ink doesn't help, and yes, if it rips off the first time you use it. Use it on smoother surfaces.

so far i have experimented with mops. i made some recipee or w/e im 13 you can make fun of me.

ok get a shoe shine bottle with black shoe shine in it

dump out like 3/4s of it, leave some in

add black acrylic and thinner, youll know how much

use it on smooth surfaces, ive found that nj transit bus stop glass works really good for drips to the floor

with the shoe shine bottle you can controll the drips the harder you squeez.

you can put drips where ever you want on your handstyle

*all you guys probablee no this already tho

Guest Sparoism
Originally posted by MC P.@Dec 25 2005, 07:42 PM

Im having some leeho problems, im wondering if anyone can help, everytime i take the cap off, ink shoots out of the top for some reason... what could the problem be? Does it have something to do with the valve, or is my nib over saturated or something... its really pissing me off because i keep getting ink all over myself... thanks for the help.

I had the same problem, too. The nib assembly cracked on one, and one out of every five or so have a tendency to flow too much or not enough. They aren't very well made for starters, and since flowpens are unpredictable as a rule, that's a big deal.

I'll keep using them, though. If I bought them I would be a little more frustrated, but beggars can't be choosers.

Alright guys I am thinking of buying some Marsh Ink and one of these markers http://www.artprimo.com/refillable_markers.htm (the 1st on that page, Jumbo Broad) So what is your opinion on that.

Also I was thinking of making my own marker. With one of these ( http://www.servesports.co.nz/products/prod...I674GHTU=82051) has anyone ever tryed it, I'm just gonna put Flowpen ink in it And see how it works.

I'd actually love to hear a reveiw of one of those new jumbo broads they have at Art Primo also.

I've just got hooked on face paint markers with Garvey Marsh mix. SO HOT!!! Its the first mop type marker thats really worked well for me. I've used Kiwis with and without the spring valve, and they always die after 2 tags, even on smooth surfaces!

The face paint marker drops thick juicy lines (you can squeeze to control flow), has a screw on lid for no worry transporation. Also, the size is sexy and discreet for your pleasure.

Its like a dream I had where in Pilot made a whole series of colors for the Pilot silver broad marker/pump system. Imagine the flow and consistency of a Pilot silver broad, but in a variety of highly opaqe colours. Thats what these face paint markers remind me of... but slightly bigger with a perfect circle tip! Also, its not gonna ache if you've gotta toss it.

I feel like an asshole because I've passed up these guys after having so many shitty experiences/lost ink from bingo dabbers and shoe polish's.

Fuck yeah! I'm very happy. Anyone else?

the bottom link doesnt work, and flowpen ink ? u can put anything in a flowpen if its thinned enough .. if you've ever heard of a chalkie , then your better off getting that, its the same price and u can get a little practise out of it on your windows before you go refill it ..

Originally posted by Hitch14@Dec 28 2005, 04:25 PM

Alright guys I am thinking of buying some Marsh Ink and one of these markers http://www.artprimo.com/refillable_markers.htm (the 1st on that page, Jumbo Broad) So what is your opinion on that.

Also I was thinking of making my own marker. With one of these ( http://www.servesports.co.nz/products/prod...I674GHTU=82051) has anyone ever tryed it, I'm just gonna put Flowpen ink in it And see how it works.

DO NOT GET THOSE jumbo markers i got one its a piece of shit it leaked from everywere and the nib us not held in it fell off the shell is so thin that i cracked as well. the bigist wast of money i have ever spent

and the face paint markers are the best way to go as far as mops i use those the mose if got like 8. i fill mine with garvy, lether dye (boot shop in the rich part of fillmore) and brake fluid and the work so well the nib last for a long time and they are nice clean lines and there small and if u do pay for things there cheap. not to drippy but i like them

thought i'd contribute to this thread...

Ive always loved toying on markers and just getting technical and creative....

trying to make an original homeade marker..definatley beats going out and racking shit that everyone else uses...

and i love seeing tags around and trying to figure out what everyone uses..

so here it is

take a mini bottle, I used a sample head and shoulders mini bottle with a twist off cap.

take the cap off, and take a strip of felt.

super glue/hot glue the piece of felt onto the cap facing inwards into the botthle.

fill the bottle with ink, and screw the cap back on. you gotta make sure the felt fits nicely inside the bottle, making sure that the strip is not too long/ not too short

bam! there ya go. no messy leakage or nothing.

just get the nib inside nice and wet before you bust, unscrew and write with the cap.

i like to think of it not as a marker, but a container off ink with a felt dabber. it works fuckn great yo !

cheers

Originally posted by TeezerPHM@Dec 30 2005, 05:05 PM

maybe get rid of the nib when it fucks up an use some chalk board eraser

QUESTION

i bought some wildstyle technician ink and the shit is haggard the ink was like super glue i made a hole in a pentle mini white and put that shit in and it stuck to the marker and when i took the cap off it destraoyed my whole marker it literally broke it....then i used it in a axe deoderant mop (the axe rollon deoderant battles are tilted kinda and are pefect for mops...)and it was too sticky so i thinned it with alcohohl and it still sucked any suggestions?..... :shook:

Originally posted by SSeko157@Dec 30 2005, 02:52 AM

thought i'd contribute to this thread...

Ive always loved toying on markers and just getting technical and creative....

trying to make an original homeade marker..definatley beats going out and racking shit that everyone else uses...

and i love seeing tags around and trying to figure out what everyone uses..

so here it is

take a mini bottle, I used a sample head and shoulders mini bottle with a twist off cap.

take the cap off, and take a strip of felt.

super glue/hot glue the piece of felt onto the cap facing inwards into the botthle.

fill the bottle with ink, and screw the cap back on. you gotta make sure the felt fits nicely inside the bottle, making sure that the strip is not too long/ not too short

bam! there ya go. no messy leakage or nothing.

just get the nib inside nice and wet before you bust, unscrew and write with the cap.

i like to think of it not as a marker, but a container off ink with a felt dabber. it works fuckn great yo !

cheers

this sounds really really nice.

im deffinitly going to try this one out.

ATTN: Pedro!!!

For the question about bingo dabbers...

I'd suggest that you cut off the sponge part and take out the plastic flow spring, then fill the area where the spring was with chalk board eraser. This is the only way I've gotten satisfactory results with bingo markers.

Guest Sparoism

Here's a somewhat involved but very effective trick to replace the fiber tips on squeezies and bingo markers.

First, remove the old tip- just pry it out, it should come right off. Save it as you'll need to trace off of it.

Notice the groove around the edge of the valve? That's how the tip attaches to the valve...

Get some thin felt, and trace the old tip onto the felt. Cut out the tracing, and place it on top of the valve. Try to center it.

Use a small flathead screwdriver to tuck the felt into the groove. It's going to look like it's too big to fit, but if you traced the old tip, it will fit. If it's off center, pull it off and try again. You can double up the layers, but sometimes it clogs faster than with one layer.

These tips last about as long as the stock ones do...so, keep your old mops, they're still good as long as you use the same ink/paint...otherwise, I dunno. Good luck? Sure.

Originally posted by civilian@Dec 30 2005, 06:45 PM

any one have any luck with on the run molotow burner markers?

(yes i did a search, but got a million results on these boards, but mostly about molotow burner cans)

I just bought one they are kinda like big pentouch silver pens. they dry fast but dont really drip much. I over juiced the nib and it barly dripped.