MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by la creme de la seme@Feb 6 2006, 12:47 PM

ok. so i bought some red rusto bucket paint, and i tried mixing it with paint thinner, to make it more liquidy, but all that happened when they were mixed was the paint thinner stayed on top of the paint and didnt mix, any help on what will combine better with the paint to make it more liquidy? Thanks

"Oil Based".

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by la creme de la seme@Feb 6 2006, 12:47 PM

ok. so i bought some red rusto bucket paint, and i tried mixing it with paint thinner, to make it more liquidy, but all that happened when they were mixed was the paint thinner stayed on top of the paint and didnt mix, any help on what will combine better with the paint to make it more liquidy? Thanks

RUSTO BUCKET PAINT WILL NEVER WORK IN A MARKER !

BUT IF YOUR GONNA THIN IT USE XYLENE {XYLOL} THEY SELL IT HOME DEPOT OR IN SOME ART STORES BETTER TO GET IT FROM HOME DEPOT! ITS CHEAPER RED IS NOT A GOOD COLOR FOR THINING DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH PIGMENT SILVER IS THE ONLY THING YOU CAN SUCCESSFULY USE IN A MOP WITHOUT REALY WACK STREAKING I WILL HAVE INK FOR SALE REALY SOON ILL POST LINKS AND SUCH FOR YOU GUYS IN THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS

PEACE!

Originally posted by The First of Faze@Jan 22 2006, 04:13 PM

i now think zig postermans make the easiest homemade marker/mop...just empty then out pull out the fuckin drip controller replace nib with a big chunk of chalkboard eraser and put hwatever in it...ive done it to 2 of mine now and its wicked easy and you cna rack them pritty easy at michaels you can get liek 5 in a pocket...just thought id share

AH, Michaels

Originally posted by chekhoslavakia@Feb 12 2006, 11:09 PM

hey i got one of these big posterman markers

21322-1009-1-1ww.jpg

are these any good or perment or was it a waste???? :five-o:

The paint in those is shit.luckily, they're refillable.Empty it out,

and fill it with something worthwhile. when used properly, the tags with those are nice.

i tried making my first inkmix or w/e today...didnt work out too well.

-red pilot ink

-white acrylic gesso

-alcohol

-blue pilot ink

yea im gonna wait till i can get some REAL paint thinner and i have a question....Does anyone know why this mix would turn into GOO???? cuz yea when i opened my marker back up and some of it had turned into like slime....

Originally posted by INSOM@Feb 18 2006, 11:44 PM

i tried making my first inkmix or w/e today...didnt work out too well.

-red pilot ink

-white acrylic gesso

-alcohol

-blue pilot ink

yea im gonna wait till i can get some REAL paint thinner and i have a question....Does anyone know why this mix would turn into GOO???? cuz yea when i opened my marker back up and some of it had turned into like slime....

GAHHH Stop It right now. You just wasted some not so bad ink. Ok for one thing, gesso is useless for an ink mix, the first thing you need to know before you mix ink is that you can only mix things that have the same base, otherwise shit will get fucked up. Pilot ink is alcohol based, gesso is not, so forget that shit. Alcohol is just thining out your ink. And btw paint thinner cant be used to thin out INK be its PAINT thinner, not INK thinner. Now, what you have to do is get something like white marsh, then you can mix the pilot ink in with it and get some cool colors that wont fade. yeah hope that helps, you should read the ink thread from front to back, its really helpful, especially at the beginnning.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

the amount of stupidity in this thread is fucking amazing

YOU CANT MAKE SPRAY PAINT MORE PERMANENT DUMBASS.....THE BUFF JUST PAINTS OVER YOUR SHIT SO IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOUR ROCKING A WATER BASED PEN OR THE MOST SUPER DUPER CHEMICAL STRAIGHT OUTTA THE INCREDIBLE HULKS VEINS HARDCORE BOMBING INK

god dammit

Originally posted by keep rockin it@Feb 8 2006, 08:32 PM

anyone know if they make like a mini bingo dabber or something? in some videos i see these dudes using the tiniest markers. i found a mini highlighter

80_n.gif

???

yo,

the top of those highlighters looks like they could be taken off and then filled with some ink... i duno, have you tried it?

Originally posted by icetray@Feb 20 2006, 07:44 PM

does anyone know if those window chalkers or face paint markers have a screw on top or what? also i'm wondering do they have a valve pump in them that you can take out and make em flow and drip better?

thanks.

NO THEY DONT HAVE A SCREW ON TOP YOU HAVE TO PULL THE TIP OUT AND IT HAS A VALVE SYSTEM SIMULAR TO A GRIFFEN MOP !