MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i got a mini on the run silver marker and its pretty shit, it doesnt flow well at all. my favorite pen out of what ive used is the otr 050 superpermanent markers. they have a nice sized nib, and insetad of an empty barrel to hold ink it has felt and works like a permanent marker. this means it wont drip atall unless u really go crazy and pour looads of ink into it. i dont see why u'd wanna make all different pens, companies such as otr have been doin it for ages, just buy a few markers...

Problem is Rattleytins, most companys don't make their markers with the needs of a hardcore handstylist in mind. Although there is On the Run, Montana, and Bombing markers... all their inks suck, the nibs and flow are always the same, and their mad expensive. Add up the money you spend on designer "bombing" markers in a year and youve got a shitload of money that could've been spent on ink or paint. You're paying for the logo.

Its your choice though, I do have my Pilot's always at the ready, and usually a couple OTR's... but homemades just offer far more miliage when it comes to destruction per square inch. Although they can get REALLY messy.

Nothing beats those first five tags with a homemade thats bursting with primo home brewed ink. (In my humble opinion)

ALSO... good tip Sparo, and no prob Pedro.

what i was hoping for when i bought the otr was a marker that I could do calligraphy with and get some hot drips. Instead I got a big silver marker that wont drip if you open it up and pour it on the wall....

On that note has anyone used the flow pens? are they any good? any other suggestions.

Guest -MOE LESTER-

i never liked OTRs. my boy had a silver one and that shit was impossible to write on REAL outdoor shit. alot of shit like mailboxes, etc is covered with dust all this other crap. they dry up shots real quick. only solution is a spray can or a super juicy mop

anyone have ideas on how to replace the nibs on kiwi shoe polish bottles?

edding have sum short permanent markers edding 500, the nibs q crap, but take the top off and u got a heavy little barrel to use.

does anyone know how to open up the pentel wet erase chalk pens?

and could anyone give me any tips on how to make a cap that actually works and doesnt fall off for a pen after you've made a nib way too big for the origional cap?

Flowpens are alright, but problematic. Yes they drip, but usually not from the spot you want them too ( the nib). Instead they spill down the nib outside of the nib housing. If you learn the secret of the "slash" after juicy tags, they are pretty good for flow, and wont leak as often. The threads are notorious for leaks and cracks. I recommend Elmers childrens glue in the threads after a fresh re-inking, or short of that, strong hair gel or hair spray.

Its still easier and cheaper to make a better quality mop. Ink will go a little furthur with the flowpens if your really concerned about your ink.

Guest Sparoism
Originally posted by rattleytins@Jan 7 2006, 11:36 AM

edding have sum short permanent markers edding 500, the nibs q crap, but take the top off and u got a heavy little barrel to use.

does anyone know how to open up the pentel wet erase chalk pens?

and could anyone give me any tips on how to make a cap that actually works and doesnt fall off for a pen after you've made a nib way too big for the origional cap?

Easy.

Get a film canister, and wrap the base of the tip assembly with duct tape until you get a good seal with the canister..

It's gonna be messy, but it'll work in a pinch.

Guest Sparoism
Originally posted by religion@Jan 7 2006, 04:14 PM

Flowpens are alright, but problematic. Yes they drip, but usually not from the spot you want them too ( the nib). Instead they spill down the nib outside of the nib housing. If you learn the secret of the "slash" after juicy tags, they are pretty good for flow, and wont leak as often. The threads are notorious for leaks and cracks. I recommend Elmers childrens glue in the threads after a fresh re-inking, or short of that, strong hair gel or hair spray.

Its still easier and cheaper to make a better quality mop. Ink will go a little furthur with the flowpens if your really concerned about your ink.

Mops trump pens 99% of the time...the only reason I use pens is when I don't need to drip or I need a clean, sharp line.

Religion, thanks...you can help me out when I forget that I need to keep posting here.

No prob. You and few other select cats on here have taught me alot of valuble info on ink and marks. I still re-read old parts of this (and the ink superthread) thread now and again just for kicks. I will always help where I can.

And for all you new jacks... read these threads end to end if you really want to get serious about bombing wares.

yeah definately read through this thread. it contains evrything you need to know and the last 40 pages are just repeated questions and answers.

and dont try to make new inventions and use weird stuff.

i have made hardly any mops but i could tell you how to make all the traditional ones that work the best .

Guest Sparoism
Originally posted by chumbawumba@Jan 8 2006, 01:37 AM

I have a solution! Always carry a bottle of Griffin, and fuck shit up wherever you may go. Trust me, I'm an expert.

This guy is 100% on the money...where you been?

I

Originally posted by foneiz2@Jan 9 2006, 02:48 AM

yeah definately read through this thread. it contains evrything you need to know and the last 40 pages are just repeated questions and answers.

i have made hardly any mops but i could tell you how to make all the traditional ones that work the best .

^ thats what half of people did here and shared it to everyone, and thats what works best .. so if you have the stuff to use to make new inventions, i dont have the right stuff but i always expirement. its a good thing, how do u think someone though of a kiwi mop ? or a flowpen ?

Originally posted by i_write+Jan 9 2006, 02:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (i_write - Jan 9 2006, 02:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-foneiz2@Jan 9 2006, 02:48 AM

^ thats what half of people did here and shared it to everyone, and thats what works best .. so if you have the stuff to use to make new inventions, i dont have the right stuff but i always expirement. its a good thing, how do u think someone though of a kiwi mop ? or a flowpen ?

[/b]

yer i agree, that is a pretty stupid thing to say. most of the writers tools today are made through experimenting. if no one done it there wouldnt even be a marker or a can of paint. it was peoples ideas and experimenting that made everything in the world.

Originally posted by snake_tooth+Jan 10 2006, 09:36 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snake_tooth - Jan 10 2006, 09:36 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by i_write@Jan 9 2006, 02:22 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-foneiz2@Jan 9 2006, 02:48 AM

yer i agree, that is a pretty stupid thing to say. most of the writers tools today are made through experimenting. if no one done it there wouldnt even be a marker or a can of paint. it was peoples ideas and experimenting that made everything in the world.

[/b]

well just think with a kiwi mop, someone like us coulda invented that, look at krink, all these ghetto inventions are the ones we call best, but someone like us invented them ?