MARKER SUPERDUPERTHREAD

FROSTY

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by test pattern@Apr 13 2002, 10:31 AM

Everyone's talking about putting ink in a kiwi bottle, but what about putting paint in there?

You could put some bucket paint in there and a little paint thinner. (If nescessary.)

I tried to do that with a bingo stamper, but I fucked up the tip and I could not find a tip to replace it with. I tried to make one out of some kind of sponge stuff, but it did not conduct the paint very well.

Any ideas on the paint?

I'm gonna try it today. If anyone else has tried it before, please tell me.

the mops im running with right now are a SICK light pink and an apple green.

i bought bucket rusto. and dumped it in a mop, and added some acrylic paint to them. (red for the pink and a green for the light apple) and they came out real well. and theyre really opaque and dont fade.

theyre not real drippy, unless you press hard. but i guess added paint thinner could change that.

hope that helped anyone.

Everyone's talking about putting ink in a kiwi bottle, but what about putting paint in there?

You could put some bucket paint in there and a little paint thinner. (If nescessary.)

damn...thats sounds like a real good idea actually. wonder why none of the dude on here have never thought of it...amatures. :innocent:

hey when you guys stuff some felt tip of a chalkboard eraser into your markers, what do you do to prevent it from droppin into the marker when you go to use it? i hate that shit, i stuffed some felt tip into one of my squeezy markers and it hella fell inside of the marker. stupid shit. help a brotha out. peace.

selotape is scotch tape, the thin transparant stuff you use to stick stuff on a door or whatever.....

can anyone give me a couple of good quality, clear pictures of the type of eraser that i should get (google'em)

because everyone posts crappy pictures and i cant make out the structure of the fabric...i dont even know if you guys in the us use the same as we do here in europe...

Originally posted by vomit@Dec 9 2005, 01:10 PM

selotape is scotch tape, the thin transparant stuff you use to stick stuff on a door or whatever.....

can anyone give me a couple of good quality, clear pictures of the type of eraser that i should get (google'em)

because everyone posts crappy pictures and i cant make out the structure of the fabric...i dont even know if you guys in the us use the same as we do here in europe...

this is what you need no specific brand just a chalkboard eraser with felt on the bottome.

g2500.jpg

word on the street is if you either overfill your pilot or remove the felty part and fill it up it will drip but you have to keep it up right or else it will leak in the cap and you will have a inky leg and pocket. I suggest you just buy a flow pen.

i dont understand the big deal about pilots...they fucking suck for street bombing....and why use em on transit when you can rock a ultrawide juiced with some real stainer shit

you kids got it twisted, putting stainer ink in a mop your planning to use on streets is fucking pointless. stainers only apply to transit, insides, buses, plastics, get your shit straight

pilots are alright. i hate the nibs though they dont hold their shape very well. Zigs on the otherhand do. Best markers in my oppinion are the sakura pentouch silver calligraphy markers. But its all a matter of personal oppinion, sorta. As for mops, O-glues forever! I alway leave them the way i bought them no erasers just that screen thing. Drips, my one true love.

Originally posted by Loki13+Dec 9 2005, 04:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Loki13 - Dec 9 2005, 04:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-vomit@Dec 9 2005, 01:10 PM

this is what you need no specific brand just a chalkboard eraser with felt on the bottome.

g2500.jpg

[/b]

i have never seen a boarderaser like this, but the stuff on top is just regular felt right?? is there a big difference in density in felts?

and as a next question, is it possible to use this horizontally as a replacement for the foamish shoemop top. I already tried it with for example makeup spongespp020.jpg, but they are to compact and they wipe it of wile tagging. (want a good top for INK)

For the dutch readers, go to wibra, buy shoemops there for only 50c, they are not good for ink, but my homemade krink loves em...

Originally posted by Irobpeople@Dec 13 2005, 09:53 PM

^^ no flow pens at all works out well for me

i went out last night with my new raspberry pink flowpen, a new OTR hard to buff, and a light blue paint mop that i made.

they all worked beautifully (except some surfaces had light frost on them, and that kinda sucked)

but for flowpens, just press down. when you press down the applicator lets more ink out, causing it to drip.

that help?

Guest Sparoism

Those applicator sponges work great, but it takes a couple tries to get them to work right. They are well worth the effort. I attached them with a hot glue gun, then cut them down with a Xacto knife to size...but you really don't need to cut them, and the line will be that much wider if they aren't cut. Once again, PRACTICE.

I also want to bump all the Zig glue pens here. The tips are somewhat fragile, but if you don't manhandle them, they'll last as long as anything else out there.

Originally posted by civilian+Dec 14 2005, 05:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (civilian - Dec 14 2005, 05:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Irobpeople@Dec 13 2005, 09:53 PM

i went out last night with my new raspberry pink flowpen, a new OTR hard to buff, and a light blue paint mop that i made.

they all worked beautifully (except some surfaces had light frost on them, and that kinda sucked)

but for flowpens, just press down. when you press down the applicator lets more ink out, causing it to drip.

that help?

[/b]

not at all why pay all that money for some flow pen were the ink is going to fade soon anyway when i can make my own shit that works just as good if not better and cost less.

Originally posted by Irobpeople+Dec 15 2005, 01:06 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Irobpeople - Dec 15 2005, 01:06 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by civilian@Dec 14 2005, 05:45 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Irobpeople@Dec 13 2005, 09:53 PM

that help?

not at all why pay all that money for some flow pen were the ink is going to fade soon anyway when i can make my own shit that works just as good if not better and cost less.

[/b]

my bad bro i thought you were asking how they worked.

but yeah dude if you make your own thats cool too.