Country Music

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really annoys me when people say that they hate "country". Just because I hate most of the commercial rap I hear on the radio, I'm not going to write off the whole genre, y'know?

I get down with John Prine, Steve Goodman, Willie Nelson, etc... I don't know if they would be considered bluegrass or what, but that shit is awesome.

i took a weight lifting class a few years back, so i could make time in my schedule to lift..

we had a really cool instructor who was the head football coach and he would let us listen to the hip hop radio stations..

he went out of town for a week with the team, and we got an old (maybe 65-70 year old) substitute...the guy wouldnt let us listen to the radio, instead he put in a bluegrass cd...

no offense to those who like bluegrass...but i just cant get myself hyped enough to lift weights when listening to that.

Where does Gram Parsons fit into all this??

Townes is amazing..

I like some Emmy Lou Harris... I dig her version of 'Wayfaring Stranger'.

I kind of grew up on Country, Jazz and Classical.. That's what my pops played while working in the garage..

Where does Gram Parsons fit into all this??

Townes is amazing..

I like some Emmy Lou Harris... I dig her version of 'Wayfaring Stranger'.

I kind of grew up on Country, Jazz and Classical.. That's what my pops played while working in the garage..

word homie.

Townes and Steve earle are my favourite songwriters ever.

there's a sick emmy lou song called "boulder to birmingham" in tribute to gram parsons.

Her wayfaring stranger is cool too.

i grew up with my mum listening to folk, country, classical, irish traditional (rebel songs etc) and my dad listening to jazz.