WHO REMEMBERS... (12oz THE EARLY YEARS)

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I remember writing you a letter thanking you for being the first one to produce a Graffiti magazine of quality and interest. I think that was your first issue. I still have all the issues. I was one of those dorks that put all my magazines in plastic magazine covers with card stock behind them... as if they were expensive comics or something. I thought that one of these days they were going to be worth something to someone. I had about 150 magazines too. I threw most of them away, gave all the gems like IGHT and whatever ESPO's magazine was called to a friend and kept the 12oz ones. I know I still have them because I just packed them up a few days ago.

After all the things you've done and all the coolness to come of it... I'm still in awe from each new project. And still in awe that you're waiting to get paid.

the prviews were little squares done in tones of green on black. i'd designed it in flash ro prevent people from stealing them also. color scheme was inspired by those old monochomatic displays.

who can name the other big website that had this color scheme? at the time it was bigger then 12oz and probably bigger then art crimes, and was super nicely designed.

Graf Cafe?

Been readin the OZ since 99..Didn't register til 04..YYeeeyyyaaaaa...

Quick shit..

11.jpg

3.jpg

piecing in brazil with os gemeoms, vitche, and sonik and doing throwies around town... good times for sure!

that's still one of my favorite pieces considering it was completely freestyled while stagging drunk on brahma.

i still have the first issue somewhere upstairs. its pretty amazing what this whole thing has turned into though i agree, its a total bummer that 12oz/4thw isnt seeing the cheese...i cant say im too suprised though as every book youve come out with has been so lavish that i actually end up feeling like i underpaid when i get my hands on them.

anyone talking about 'back in teh day' should be required to post their 'back in the day' name.

No way....

The ones before this one are long gone, thankfully.

And yeah, the first thing I noticed was that Kettie was online.

As well as my boy "Dick Gozinya".

I believe I started on here back in mid-2000.

I think it was still a black background, and maybe green or something?

I mostly just remember the black part.

I think Tease was CMENCUP still, or whatever his first name was...

Who remembers the Bobboi13 scandal, or whatever the girls name was?