WHO REMEMBERS... (12oz THE EARLY YEARS)

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
No way....

The ones before this one are long gone, thankfully.

And yeah, the first thing I noticed was that Kettie was online.

As well as my boy "Dick Gozinya".

I believe I started on here back in mid-2000.

I think it was still a black background, and maybe green or something?

I mostly just remember the black part.

I think Tease was CMENCUP still, or whatever his first name was...

Who remembers the Bobboi13 scandal, or whatever the girls name was?

bobboi or whatever was a cop or some shit, right?

my issue #1 of 12oz was destroyed when my storage unit malfunctioned (about 90 units were affected iirc) and the sprinkler system came on...lost alot of unrecoverable shit that day...ugh

i know this wasnt that long ago

but wasnt there a misfits theme?

i found 12oz when they had the wooden dumpster or whatever that was with the twist and kr tags on it.

i think late 03-early 04ish. this and the old ass houstongraffiti.com (when it used to be a site, not a forum filled with all the toys from houston) used to be the only sites id go to.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice thread.

I've been looking at this site off and on since, like, 2000 I think. Ast told me about it and sent me a link to one of his threads. I didn't realize what was going on and responded with a personal comment about what was up with him and where he was living; I thought it was a private board or whatever. A moderator edited it and wrote something like "NO PERSONAL INFO DUMBASS." Haha.

There was an SF forum called HiFi Art I used to check back then, and one called Tagpage. Tagpage was hilarious. And then Artcrimes since the mid 90s. I actually used my art teacher's computer in high school to look at Artcrimes and print shit out from it. Mad low-res back then.

I also remember first seeing the 12oz mag. It was number 3 or 4 and it was just sitting discarded on a table at a random Kinkos in Florida, like someone forgot it. Shit was dope, I definitely kept it and studied the flicks.