$$$

the.crooked

Fuck student loans.

and fuck my school for dropping my aid to such a rediculous degree...

and fuck coming up with 26,000 for this year on top of what I'm getting through aid alread. Including the normal amount of debt I incurr per year in unsusbidized federal loans.

Schools work like fucking horrible businesses. At least mine does. They suck you into the school with great financial aid, then by your last year they have you bent over your degree fucking you in the ass with the diploma they hold over your head cus they know you will pay whatever they ask cus it's your last year.

Fuck the rediculous cost of higher education these days.

At least I'll get paid to go to grad school.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the horrible irony is I will still probably come out of this year with less debt than most kids I know who went to state schools.

well not horrible, rather fortunate and pleasant irony actually.

this year just sucks.

I just spent the last hour printing out everything I could find on my schools financial services site about alternative loans, etc. I have to go through it all tomorrow with my mom. Gonna blow.

I work in the financial services office at my school. I was really hoping they would hop up my aid cus they liked me. So much for office nepotism.

Thats why you should have joined the Military and had them pay for your college.

There you go. Join the military and spend the next 8 or so years in Iraq. And if you survive maybe they'll help you out with college (if you're not too brain-dammaged from all the IED inflickted concussions) where you can be the creepy shell shocked one-legged old man that none of the 18-21 year olds wanna fuck with and never gets invited to all the cool parties.

(No diss to the troops)

i hear ya crooked, my girlfriend came to australia to do her degree, it was cheaper for her to do that. even after all the visa costs, flights and international student fees, she saved about a huge amount in tuition. i am in my last semester of a 4 year undergrad degree here in australia, and i am gonna be working my ass off for a few years just to climb out of debt to the bank and government. fuck, what a depressing concept.

And after you graduate you'll be working in construction, restraunts or retail with people that never even went to college.:lol:

I'm hoping that getting a PhD by the time im twenty six will take this possibility right out my life.

Fat Ralphy- My total costs will be somewhere around there. Not as far as what I have actually paid, but just what the numbers themselves are.

I think my first year was 42 and this next year will b 47. so all said and done it is around 136000 for all four years.

Thank god im not full tuition or anywhere near that.

and Deloner- no thanks, the probabilities of living to see the return on that investment are way too slim these days. let alone whether you will even want to go to school when you get done.

Stunt Double- depressing indeed. depressing indeed.

I think even if I incurr another say ten grand on top of what I already have in debt, It will at the most be 28,000 for the four years. If I somehow manage to get outa this year with only my federal loan it will be 18,000 for all four years.

And like I said, I have absolutely no intention of paying for grad school.

Yes.

And colleges are bullshit. Though I love education, the ever-rising tuition costs piss me off. Do the leaders of this nation want a small educated elite with an undereducated majority?

Making us slaves to the wage for life.

On a side note, this would make for good discussion in Crossfire as well.

Ehh, I am trying to break out of my crossfire shell and post more here in Ch 0, as it was the original place that got me reading 12oz.

But if it gets moved, so be it.

The other thing that sucks about my school... tiny endowment. Smith has 1.25 billion dollars in their endowment. The interest alone per year is larger than my schools.

We sittin at 30 million. wooooooooooo. big money.

shit.

And as far as having educated elite comparative to undereducated majority, I think there is an interesting yet counterintuitive argument to be made here.

What is one reason colleges are such shit nowadays? Because so many people go to college. Lowered expectations, slipping standards and higher classroom populations drudge down the ability of students to effectively learn and for professor's to actually care about what is happening.

I think we have an uneducated majority even though higher and higher numbers of people are going to college. It is a mistake to believe college is for everyone. The perspective should be that we all have the ability to go there if it is for you. But our country's perspective that it is a goddamn right that should be enforced has to go. It is just like all our other bullshit entitlement issues in this country.

People should go to college if they are smart enough and display the aptitude to do what is needed there.

Now I of all people (I go to a school without grades) the need for alternative learning let alone the wide spectrum in which people exists within those parameters I just listed, but I think some sort of higher education reform needs to happen.

Oh most certainly, but I say check the stats on how our troops are doing right now.

I have a friend comin home this week for leave from his first tour. He has four years left on his contract. I hope that he lives to see the day it is up.

And even when his "contract is up" they can still backdraft his ass. Niggas think they're retired and moved on with life... but oh no, Unkle Sam ownes that ass for at least 8 years and can and will send it right back to Iraq.

lolz. I've got two trust funds and own the rights to 2000 acres of oil fields saudi arabia.

Wanna fund a year of my schooling? Think of it as an investment in the future.

or blood feast island. if yall really ballin like that put it up. help someone out with your funds.

how can it be so expensive to study in the states? your all quoting 40k+ a year which is mad!

ive just graduated from an English uni and my total debt is roughly 6k

plus my bank overdraft...

we are a country founded on business. not social health.

even our schools are made to fuck us.

Wanna fund a year of my schooling? Think of it as an investment in the future.

or blood feast island. if yall really ballin like that put it up. help someone out with your funds.

fuck you peasant. know your station.

although yeah it's fucked up that england, which is about twice as expensive as america, has cheaper education. although sneak you've been pretty frugal mate, I know graduates with £15-20 grand debts.