CLOVERFIELD... what is it ?

SADDAM HUSSEIN

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck dude, where's the damn CAM already, i want to see the things i missed. Like that something falling when they are on the Ferris Wheel at then end. I KNEW i saw something but thought i was crazy.

I love this shit.

Anyone know of a site where i can read about every possible piece of info that has been discovered? I had 2 sites that i went to but they seem to be gone now.

**Edit: Found two places:

A blog documenting all finds: http://cloverfieldclues.blogspot.com/

This thread seems to explain all of the back story pretty well: http://www.jjabrams.net/showthread.php?t=185

I had not heard about this 'nectar', but that seems to finally explain the purpose of the Tagruato corp.

• Like 1

all you nerds given this stupid movie to much credit and hype, just finished watching it on google! that shit was weak, 5 or 7 minutes of the monsters in a hour and something movie, god damn! they should of kept this shit for TV!!!!!

How in the fuck is nigga going to keep recording for 7 hours, that most of been one high tech video camera!!!! All this hype for nothing but a weak ass crab ragoo looking mofo!!!!

oh, just incase any of you were wondering.. i found out what cloverfield was.

its a shitty usual winter time monster movie only this one stole blair witches idea to make it look real by making everyone in the audience sick.

only they did it around 10 years too late.

oh... and it shows the statue of liberty destroyed.... MY GAWRD!

I've been wondering if maybe I enjoyed it as much as i did mainly because i had been following it since its untitled trailer debut before Transformers. And following the bits of viral marketing they had going -- basically a series of events following up (in real-time) to the day the monster attacked (the day the movie released). Because of it i have a basic back story and find it pretty interesting. And personally, I think it was very original. He went for a unique view and stuck with it, not doing any of this hollywood blockbuster army vs the monster action sequences, but giving a real, convincing account of the event from the view of some normal everyday people (although they aren't completely normal, as if you were following the viral marketing, you would know that the main character dude is somewhat connected to the monster itself).

But i'm sure that's just not what you were looking for, and i hear ya if so.

please. explain to me why this movie is awesome.

1. it was fun to watch.

2. it wasn't a remake, like most hollywood horror/monster movies are these days.

3. it didn't have any big names/actors or rap/r&b "artists" in it.

4. it didn't have a lame metal or mtv/fuse fueled soundtrack all through it.

5. personally, i enjoyed the viral marketing opposed to the usual "show every good scene in the movie" commercials/trailers. in addition, i, like many others enjoyed the back story that the viral marketing put out after the trailer dropped, and that led up to the events in the movie.

don't get me wrong, it wasn't a groundbreaking film, i think we all know that; nor was it totally original, but i think most people were entertained by it. you can't say that about many hollywood movies of the same genre these days, unless you are a big rob zombie fan and love his sorry excuses for movies.