CLOVERFIELD... what is it ?

SADDAM HUSSEIN

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok here we go:

i agree with with ICB on the first part. awesome through out, the monster fucks up NY hardcore.

the camera shit had its moments, but it wasn't that bad. it did get a little annoying when i was trying to see the monster and some other shit, but again, over all i was able to deal with it.

i was expecting the ending that we get based on a few of the reviews that i've read. all i'm going to say is, if you are one of those people that wants ALL the answers and FULL closure, well...........you have been warned. they leave a few things to your imagination and i actually like not having all of the answers.

also, it was way funnier than i expected.

if you have followed the viral sites you have all the info you need on the back story, well for the most part. if not it still works and you will still be entertained. but like i said, you aren't going to have many or even all of your questions answered.

if you are looking to be entertained for 90 minutes, i'd say this is a good choice. some people were bitching and moaning at the end but whatever, you can't make everyone happy.

oh, the star trek teaser trailer was pretty cool.

oh and if you stay till the very end you hear something from the tape which i just read is either "help us.." forward or "it's still alive" but backward.

ihere is a link to a clip of it forward:

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cloverfield059fu3.flv

and now reverse:

http://boomp3.com/m/bd034dfca370

and here is something else i just read:

"Just got back from the movie, at the last scene (which is a flashback) there is a boat in the upper right of the shot. A large object falls from the sky and splashes into the ocean. I thought it was a friggen joke about the alien weird thing at the end but 20 people in the audience all started laughing and saw it."

i was reading an interview with jj abrams and he said he put it subtle hidden references for lost fans. nothing too obvious, so maybe the aforementioned was one of them or it could be a reference to some of the viral back story.

i dug it forreal... i just wish it'd happen in SF tomorrow so i could at least die an exciting death.... i'll probably see it again to try to catch the smaller things i might've missed. definitely entertaining, but with an ending similar to that of blairwitch in that it left a lot open to the receptively retarded....

the monster looks way pissed. 30 stories tall and just fucks shit up. a very fast paced movie.

the movie lacks an in depth backstory... gotta follow the ARG if you want a better idea of where this thing came from. it's not an alien, jj abrams makes that clear in an interview. the fucker has been on the planet for thousands of years and is very pissed about something disrupting it's shit.

that monster rendering is way close to what it is, and there's a few more that were edited off of that illustration that look even closer.

the thing that falls from the sky into the water is speculated to be a satellite. you gotta really be looking for it. because the alien rumor was debunked by the producer itself - the idea is kinda outta the window. The lost, alias, and heroes worlds are all said to coincide with this one. If you ask me, I think JJ is trying to be like Stan Lee and create his own Bad Robot universe.

if you guys want to kill some time before you bounce out of the trabajo to see this movie tonight and want to appreciate the movie some more by nerding out on some viral marketing/back story shit:

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/index.php?f=232

The site might be slow loading because mad people are scrambling to figure out as much as they can about it, but alot of good stuff is there. They label threads that contain spoilers so you're not fucking it up for yourself. (peep game on the slusho, tagruato, tidowave, and the jaime and teddy sites for some pretty awesome shit) I lurk, I don't participate because there's mad poindexters trying to pwn newbz on some alternate reality gaming shat... but the threads go over a lot of whats been happening over the last 6 months that might make the movie a whole lot better of an experience.

my two cents... holler.

it came from the mid-atlantic trench.

theres a messageboard (viral?) that you can find through links on this thread which is for a fake group devoted to saving the oceans/stopping the tagruto (sp? i dont feel like looking up the spelling...) corporation. through that board you can get a link to the corporations site, look through and find out that they're all about deep sea "exploration", mining, taking resources, drilling, etc.

the messageboard has a bit about a "whistleblower", within the corporation, who works on the companies newest offshore rig. said whistleblower gets out a message to some people that "the corporation is not drilling for oil. there is no oil here".

go back to the corporations site, they have a world map of all their sites. guess where this rig is? right over the mid atlantic trench. there are no other rigs near it. it's the closest rig to new york city. there was also a link to a youtube viral news broadcast clip of a offshore rig being destroyed.... guess which rig it was? cmon. its not hard.

an interesting idea for a sequel, if it were to be shot in the same manner, could be a news team covering the event.... after the ending of this one. or even during it, giving a different perspective to the same event. not many people would want to watch the same movie twice.... but itd be interesting to see these events from the viewpoint of someone else.

cloverfield4flat.jpg

hayabusa, how'd you come across this?

pretty good representation of what it actually is.

it was on some cloverfield related website that i found one day while nerding out

i cant remember what the site was

i think its the same one that i posted a link to of that spoiler/review

the monster looks way pissed. 30 stories tall and just fucks shit up. a very fast paced movie.

the movie lacks an in depth backstory... gotta follow the ARG if you want a better idea of where this thing came from. it's not an alien, jj abrams makes that clear in an interview. the fucker has been on the planet for thousands of years and is very pissed about something disrupting it's shit.

that monster rendering is way close to what it is, and there's a few more that were edited off of that illustration that look even closer.

the thing that falls from the sky into the water is speculated to be a satellite. you gotta really be looking for it. because the alien rumor was debunked by the producer itself - the idea is kinda outta the window. The lost, alias, and heroes worlds are all said to coincide with this one. If you ask me, I think JJ is trying to be like Stan Lee and create his own Bad Robot universe.

if you guys want to kill some time before you bounce out of the trabajo to see this movie tonight and want to appreciate the movie some more by nerding out on some viral marketing/back story shit:

http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/index.php?f=232

The site might be slow loading because mad people are scrambling to figure out as much as they can about it, but alot of good stuff is there. They label threads that contain spoilers so you're not fucking it up for yourself. (peep game on the slusho, tagruato, tidowave, and the jaime and teddy sites for some pretty awesome shit) I lurk, I don't participate because there's mad poindexters trying to pwn newbz on some alternate reality gaming shat... but the threads go over a lot of whats been happening over the last 6 months that might make the movie a whole lot better of an experience.

my two cents... holler.

thanks for the geekage. me and my family are mobbin up to go see this tonight.