Abstracts

Bojangles

I paint on Birch wood, pretty much all the time, sometimes maple. I have a good source where I live that sells different sized cut sheets, in a 1" thickness, for relatively cheap. Like a 2' x 4' x 1" piece of Birch wood for $18. It really cannot be beat. I prefer wood because I have found that painting on canvas is temporary when it comes to spray paint. The paint tends to crack over time if not taken care of and kept out of direct sunlight. It's unfortunate, really, because I like canvas... especially when it comes to shipping pieces across the country or overseas. That said, there's something to be said for the look and feel of the wood grain coming through the colors of a painting. Well, at least I like it. I feel like I'm making a career out of painting on wood so I need to change it up a little bit. Anyone know much about buying sheets of metal? No, seriously. What about getting those sheets... never mind, I don't want you bitches to steal my ideas. Ha!

Some detail shots of pieces I just finished... though they're not finished in these images.

E_Study ... 3' x 2.5' x 2" . enamel on canvas

5847569378_09e282dd71_b.jpg

E_Study ... 3' x 1' x 2" . enamel on Birch wood

5847569320_f4eaa35137_b.jpg

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

people putting in work as usual in this thread. ..good stuff.

I experienced my first painting auction as a painter and as an attendee. I recently participated in an art exhibition fundraiser auction, and my piece sold on the first day.

Pics below:

5919137495_db1c5c2fb9_z.jpg

5919696978_74b0df4792_z.jpg

5919136855_3c5b6787c1_z.jpg

5919696624_30c5992631_z.jpg

5919135377_fbd7945cbe_z.jpg

Latest painting..beginning of series:

5935341973_59816568bb_z.jpg

5935902106_a91c429bd1_z.jpg

5935901548_a7cefb53cd_z.jpg

..Don't pat me on the back too much ..... I kind of pushed the sale. There was this gorgeous female looking at some of the paintings.

She was looking for a painting for her husband( which pissed me off ..lol).

Dude, this woman was like a mix between frida pinto and adriana lima, height 5'4.....

anyway, I told her to look at my painting, and she decided to buy it because it reminded her of the transformers action figures,

and she said that her husband was a huge fan of geometrik figures and shapes....painting sold!,

I met her husband and thank them both. .....but fuck my painting!...I wanted the chick.

I see why painters usually acquire proxies, or have someone represent them during the auction -

Some of those people were uppity and arrogant,

and I am not talking about the obvious in your face conceit, but the-blank-stare-nose-in-the-air conceit....

However, the entire crowd was not like that..It was a good moment.

Titty tagger?

I'm not one to talk, but I'll be honest with you. I think your stuff looks kind of sloppy, but if you tightened it up a bit it might work. The last one is an improvement, but still looks kind of sloppy. To each their own though.

I think you should also try and cut wood into these painted shapes and work with three dimensional pieces.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1