Minneapolis Sucks

MitchThe$nitch

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MITCH-Here is all you need to know.

No smoking indoors, drink up on Bells (i miss it, matter-a-fact drink 2 for me after

you've had too much), all bars close early like 1am or 2am- its easy to meet people

and get invited after hour spots, 'bout every restraunt and bar has a happy hour: buy-

1-get-1 drinks or cheap food. 89.3 is the good radio, Minneapolis has the most strip

clubs per capita, PS north doesn't always mean North... you'll see.

The Triple Rock Social Club: punk rock-metal bar: They have cheap$ live acts all the time.

A Good BEER SELECTION they do a great breakfast as well, I saw Naked Raygun there.

http://www.triplerocksocialclub.com/

located at 629 Cedar Avenue on the West Bank in Minneapolis

The CC Club

Great punk rock dive bar, pool tables, outside patio BEST JUKEBOX i've seen period,

and they have BELLS, well i think everyone offers Bells!

(612) 874-7226

2600 Lyndale Ave S

Fifth element record store- owned by rhymeslayers

They have good cheapi$h clothing and mint condition old issues of LifeSucksDie,

caps and gear as well. People are pretty freindly there, they know whats up with

the art shows.

http://www.fifthelementonline.com/

2411 Hennepin Ave S.

Intermedia Arts- museum/gallery/graff wall-Outsider art museum - pro graffiti

Talk to the workers they know whats up. While I was there was a Cycle & LadyPink

mural on the front. In the back there was some Ohde & Woes.

http://www.intermediaarts.org/

2822 Lyndale Avenue South...

... The whole street here is pretty nice, go 4 blocks in either direction and there

is good stuff to check out. Plus I forget the name of the convent store, but on

the real FUCK Falafel KING. There is a small convent store that rocks them

falafels the fuck out.

Juxtaposition Arts

Some times there is a decent party/art thing here. I think they have a new location,

It was in a warehouse and the whole area was blown the fuck out with that spraycan art.

http://www.juxtaposition.org/home.html

Walker Art Center-most impressive museum I've seen

A bunch of snooty faggots work there and by that I do mean men that fuck

men that have serious attitude problems. It worth checking out but leave

before your brick a faggot in the face.

http://www.walkerart.org/

1750 Hennepin

First Avenue- Music venue-danceCulb-concerts, Cool history

http://www.first-avenue.com

701 First Avenue North

Minneapolis, MN 55403-1327

612-332-1775

Well that should get you going, basiclly people are open there..talk..ask

questions, when ever I was looking for something, I meet someone that

knew whats up and they helped out. Don't forget after you drink too much

you owe me 2 more bells in your belly.. after all I just typed this out.

Uhm.

Also:

Check out the Minneapolis Institute of Arts

The fucking exhibits tend to be awesome.

Liquor Lyle's

Hennepin Ave, a block south of Franklin; always hopping, and the happy hour is great. Strong drinks, cheap bar food. Girls.

Red Dragon

Lyndale Ave & 23rd, next to Hum's Liquor. Can't miss Hum's. Strongest drinks in Minnesota. Good price for the amount of liquor you're getting in your drink.

Mortimer's/Gringo's

Lyndale Ave & Franklin Ave, practically kitty corner from Red Dragon. These share the same building, both are good respectively. I usually hit Gringo's though, the beer is obscenely cheap. Don't forget to get a bottle of Grain Belt Premium. It's like...two bucks. The PBR is dirt cheap as well, if you're hipster status.

Nomad World Pub

Cedar Ave (West Bank), just two or more blocks north of Triple Rock. They've got all sorts of world brews on tap, and if you're a soccer head, they're always playing games. Music some nights as well.

Dinkytowner

East Bank area. This is a basement bar in Dinkytown - practically the area where a lot of the campus kids and grads reside. A lot of residencies, apartments, duplexes, and....bars. This place in particular is a good spot. Pool is free during happy hour, and there are a few tables available. Pints are in the range of $4, and the drinks are strong. Music is frequent, often there are hip-hop nights (with Rhymesayers affiliated DJs and artists) and electronic. I've had plenty of inebriated nights at this spot. Laid back, diverse crowd.

Matt's Bar

Cedar Ave & 35th, Midtown. Get the Juicy Lucy. And while you wait, grab a pint at the bar. It's a divish spot, but the Juicy Lucy is well worth it.

Chatterbox Pub

26th Ave South & 35th, Midtown. Different place, great gourment food. A diverse young adult crowd. They brew some of their own beer, and you can play boardgames or even Atari and Nintendo on one of the two televisions made available for nostalgic gaming. Fun place.

Uptown is pretty cool. It's very 'trendy' and 'hip', so you'll find most, if not all of the high-maintenance broads floating around here. And prepare to pay close to top dollar for drinks (it's more downtown). But if you're down for a variety of food, check out the area. As Deterrent mentioned Lyndale. Stay focused on the Lydale-Lake area (lovingly called Lyn-Lake by us here) and Hennepin-Lake area. It's head shop city, too. Clown Glass has a store on Hennepin. Another hot strip for food, specifically ethnic is just a few blocks over on Nicollet Ave, dubbed "Eat Street". Pretty much the whole stretch from E Lake Street across 94 into downtown is filled with all kinds of places, and you probably won't break the bank too hard.

Good call on 89.3 'The Current'.

If you're in town during the weekend, turn the dial to 90.3, KFAI. Rhymesayers Radio (formerly known as '2 The Breaka Dawn' hosted by Abilities or K-Salaam) runs from 9PM-11PM. SUPPORT COMMUNITY RADIO.

If you're a news junky, we also have MPR and NPR. One of the frequencies is 91.1.

And, oh yeah. Do you like baseball? Good. If you get the chance, go check a Twins game. Ask for a 'cheap seat' ticket. They are $6. Watch the game, have fun, get drunk.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm too focused on this bag of Minnesota green I have to smoke.

the dinkytowner is a nice spot when they do the hip hop thing. there is a spot a block down from the dinkytowner called the library which is basically a sports bar. they have $2 heinekens and $1 domestic bottles on thursday nights.

it all really depends on what you want to do. i fucks with the midtown building a little, because the asian resturaunt on the first floor has a 2 for 1 happy hour when they decide to stay open.

you can to go bars outside of hennepin or ramsey county and smoke usually.

if you're trying to cop gear i can point you in the direction of a spot or two.

dam deter - i'm seriously greatful for all the info. you should write a dam book with all the info you pick up around spots. i just moved - west sidish, bbq to come, i'll have to get up with a few 12ouncers on here. thanks man.

I'd love to come, I'll make some grilled asparagus, and bring great beer.

Oh on the MN tip here is some much needed info.

THIS IS A MUST SEE period:

Nye's Bar- this is a half to see seriously, but go half in the bag it must be seen while

you are drunk as fuck. Voted BEST BAR IN AMERICA by ESQUIRE

Its an incredable shit hole straight out of the posions depths of David Lynch's wet-

dreams. There is two rooms, one, the Polonaise room with piano bar, dancing, and

Polish and American food, their prime rib is worth screwing a fat girl for. The piano

bar is maned by 102 yr old man and women, they play sing and take request and

it's great. And the other bar, you can also dance to the sounds of Ruth Adams and

the "world’s most dangerous polka band." Since 1967, Ruth Adams and the band

have inspired people to hit the dance floor and polka. In fact, the band was voted

one of the top 5 house bands by BillBoard Magazine. Ruth is excellent, she is quite

literally about to die on stage.

It's been there since 1949, and hasn't changed during that time.

Nye's Polonaise

http://www.nyespolonaise.com/entertainment.html

112 E Hennepin Avenue

Here is what esquire has to say: http://www.esquire.com/features/ESQ1006BESTBARS_147

Of Ferris Bueller's recomedation I went to the following

Liquor Lyle's

They have mad deals when it comes to happy hour. Happy hour daily from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.

and from 9 p.m.-11 p.m. when it serves 2 for 1 drinks -- for all drinks.

2021 Hennepin Ave

Minneapolis, MN 55405-2742

+1 612 870 8183

Red Dragon

The place is clean and plays the top 40 R&B and fake hiphop. Lots of gals thou.

Seriously these drinks will end your night. Have one and move on. Have 2 and try

to vomit before going else where. they are strong for really real.

2116 Lyndale Ave S

Lyndale Ave & 23rd, next to Hum's Liquor. Can't miss Hum's. Strongest drinks in Minnesota.

Good price for the amount of liquor you're getting in your drink.

There is also a masiive german bar, I forget it's name but great beer, girls dressed in

lederhosen walking about with free snuff boards. It's down the street from this strip

club (forget the name of that too)but there is gambling up front and nude lap dances

given in the bathroom stals you poop in!

FERRIS do you know the names of these places?

Yo, Minneapolis sounds fuckin awesome haha

Oh, It's a great city!

Mitch don't forget your camera. Shock and the UC crew rock it there 7MK has got style.

And you can still catch HM click murdering shit, and of course my tags (i didn't paint thou).

Watch for this ArtFag/tagger I won't say a name but word is he tattles.

Murderapolis is fucking AWESOME!

Get a bike and just ride around the neighborhoods.

Even the "bad" hoods are nice, and people are really cool

there. The lakes are beautiful and there is plenty to do. Lot's

of freights, plenty of teh graffz to flick, really!, and people are

just nicer there. Lot's of diversity too! It's got the largest Somali

population of any other us City, but not all of them are gangsters!

Have fun!

The Mall of America is in Bloomington, a very large suburb south of the city. It is in the metro, though. And that place can go to hell.

And deterrent, I have no idea what the German bar is. There is a restaraunt called "The Black Forest Inn" and that is kind of a Bavarian style joint. But last time I've seen it, there were no strip bars in the area.

no matter what spectr tells you, don't go to palmer's on the west bank.

i went there once, and there was not a woman under the age of 50.

hella wack.

mall of america is pretty weak unless you are 16. there are some stores there though with a decent selection of shoes.