6 months and 200 pilates classes later.

Bojangles

Re: 6 months and 200 pages later.

..."tear our worLd in two directions"...

dont mean to be an ass.

good luck

Not being an ass at all. There's still some typos that I have to go through and tackle. Thanks for pointing that one out, I didn't type that with spell check on I guess.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 6 months and 200 pages later.

will there be pictures or just words?

Good question. Others have asked and I'm leaning towards just text because quite honestly I don't have any pictures of me or my surroundings of the times before the age of about 13 (I have only one from that young.). Sadly enough I have no pics of my Mom or Dad either. From 13 or so on I have maybe a handful at best of bad quality ones of me and my friends mentioned in the story. All i could use would be pics from my twenties which doesn't happen until the middle to end of the book.

• 1 month later...

Dear Bojangles...

I was gonna make a thread about this but decided it wasn't thread-worthy. At all.

I had a dream about you last night. It wasn't a sexy dream or anything and I don't remember any of it. But I dreamt of you. And I find that strange because I've never even really talked to you. Just thought I'd share that.

Thanks

--VAJ

Dear Bojangles...

I was gonna make a thread about this but decided it wasn't thread-worthy. At all.

I had a dream about you last night. It wasn't a sexy dream or anything and I don't remember any of it. But I dreamt of you. And I find that strange because I've never even really talked to you. Just thought I'd share that.

Thanks

--VAJ

Every dream with me in it is instantly sexy, girl! I Wasn't reading you my book buck nekkid?

Dear Bojangles...

Thanks

--VAJ

I had the exact same thing the other week, except it was with bloodfart. Weird.

Yo bojangles, sorry if I missed clarification somewhere else in the thread, but what exactly are you doing in terms of publishing? Just putting your own money in and getting a heap published? How much investigating have you done into getting a publisher to pick it up for you?

I had the exact same thing the other week, except it was with bloodfart. Weird.

Yo bojangles, sorry if I missed clarification somewhere else in the thread, but what exactly are you doing in terms of publishing? Just putting your own money in and getting a heap published? How much investigating have you done into getting a publisher to pick it up for you?

Self publishing at first through a site that lets you upload content and print full copies as needed. Selling via word of mouth and the internet till Oprah picks it up and makes me famous.

Self publishing at first through a site that lets you upload content and print full copies as needed. Selling via word of mouth and the internet till Oprah picks it up and makes me famous.

Have you considered shopping it around first? I'm in the early stages of putting a novel together and I was just wondering if you'd weighed up the options and decided self-publishing was the best.

A. I sent it out to a few publishers and got immediate declines, meaning a few minutes after I sent it via e-mail. They couldn't have read a single paragraph. I think you have to know someone or something to get down with a decent publisher it seems.

B.Never thought about hitting Raven up. The thing is though, it's not really a graffiti book. It's a book about the life of a guy that just so happens to be a graffiti writer. Only about half the book is about graffiti. No pics either.

The way my deal is working, is I found a person that will shop my book for me as soon as I put the finishing touches on it and finish the damn thing. I don't exactly know what her job title is, I just know thats what she does and she gets results. She helped some local surgeon write a book and he's got the damn thing on sale at most major book retailers like Borders. i figure if that guy can do it, anyone can. She also says random dudes writing nonfiction is selling pretty well right now, so I'd say market yourself the right way and you can do it.

Anyway, if you have issues trying to get it done yourself, you may want to look up a literary agent or something because I imagine without any decent represenation behind you its gonna be tough.