post your meals photo superpooperthread!!

alure

OK, I see what you're saying. The flavor seemed a little thin to me, but when I used it to make some tomato soup, it seemed to better than when I used canned stock. So I think I'll just stick to what I did and just have it simmer for at least five hours or so.. I only did three this last time.

And congrats man..

cool. thanks dude. i always try to let my stocks simmer for 24 hours. 48 if i'm making veal stock. it seems crazy to let shit sit on the stove for that long but it's fuckin worth it. last time i made veal stock it was so dense that when i cooled it down it was gelatinous kinda like jelly from all the extracted marrow and collagen from the bones. i give props to anyone that makes their own stocks though. shows you know what's up with the good stuff.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how long did you cook the beans for? was it nice and soft and creamy? that's my problem with cooking bean or lentil soup they come out not so tender as i like even though i cook it for hours.

do you soak them at least overnight first? they were super tender, by the time i got to the last bowl it was super thick from the beans breaking down. the simmer was just over 2.5 hours. do you live in a high altitude? its possible if you were it could almost double your cooking time.

some food...

this looks nasty but was good.. leftover concoction

taco rice and ham cubes sauteed in italian dressing and mandarin oranges reduced for a while

DSCF0079.jpg

hangover cure

hot turkey sandwich

DSCF0094.jpg

bbq teryaki chicken with roasted bell peppers over white rice

DSCF0096.jpg

soy chocolate ice cream on top of a warm brownie and melted peanut butter

DSCF0100.jpg

steak salad with french fries avocado, orange bell pepper, tomato, colby cheese, and cucumber.. it had 3 cheese ranch too

DSCF0194.jpg

blueberry waffles topped with soy chocolate ice cream and a raspberry bluberry blackberry blend

DSCF0196.jpg

Archived