Would you pass it down??

omega

my wife and i are currently trying to start a family and i told her that i would not stop painting once we had a child. but the question crossed my mind that once my children got to a certian age and showed an interest in graffiti, would i pass my knowledge on to them? i think i would keep the tradition alive into my offspring. what do you all think about it?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

start the kid out real young but like krink in his bottle and shit, he'll be the only kindergardener doing wildstyle durring finger painting...

But honestly wait and see if hes serious because if its a fase for him then he knows you used to write and that could say besmirch your character in his eyes if he grows into thinking its dirty and detramental.

i don't think your wifey is gonna be all chilled with you two bomin together.:huh:

as a matter of factly, she kinda dabbles in graffiti also. not with paint, but she loves to hit up oneliners in bathrooms with kingsize sharpie. yup, totaly cool with the whole idea. she even helps me on bombing missions too, scares the fuck outta her, but she has went before.

start the kid out real young but like krink in his bottle and shit, he'll be the only kindergardener doing wildstyle durring finger painting...

But honestly wait and see if hes serious because if its a fase for him then he knows you used to write and that could say besmirch your character in his eyes if he grows into thinking its dirty and detramental.

that would be the sickest dopest shit i would have ever seen to see some like 5 year old kid and like in art class doing a throw on his paper

well do u think u will still be doin it in 5 - 10 years?

ive been at it for 8 years now, im 23, so yea im sure it will be something that i will keep up with. maybe in a new area, after i crush the shit outta this one, but yea for sure.

i had a thought about this a few months ago regarding electronic music and my child/children..

i'd have no problem showing a kid the ropes of graffiti if they were interested in it..although i would let them know the major pitfalls of deciding on a long term life of this as well as the pluses...

besides being an act of illegality for the most part it can include a lesson in life most young people arent presented with in daily situations..such as ..am i willing or able to commit tottally to somthing good and bad.. and make them think about the whole picture without the romantacism they would otherwise get from being in the mix with their peers..the imidiateness and urge to "do"..

that and i would so make the "sex" talk as uncomfortable as possible...... nawm sayin with transformors and finger condoms ..and shadow puppets

YEAH, HAVE YOUR KID LIVING LIKE THE REST OF US SCUMMY, DRUG TAKING, LIFE RISKING LOSERS. NO POINT IN TEACHING THE RUNT TO MAINTAIN A JOB OR BE PRODUCTIVE.

and oneliners in rest rooms? are you serious? your wife? dude, you mean your girlfriend and ya'll play husband and wife right? come on.

• 2 weeks later...

i was watching a permision wall being done by my house and some dude came by in a pick up truck going home from fishing with his kid. he stopped and knew one of the people doing the wall. he was sayin all this shit about his kid going to 5pointz getting taught by meres. he had pictures in his dashboard of some nice shit and he had some cool strories.

as for his kid, he didnt seem to like graff at all, didnt even leave the truck. looked embarrased.