300 - we run deep

Hayabusa

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this last night.

It was good.

What wasn't good was some jerk thought it would be an appropriate movie to bring his 5 year old kid and baby to.

And if there is one thing I hate in life, it's when I am trying to watch bloodshed and there is a baby laughing two rows behind me.

Babies laughing.

Shit.

OMG!!! THATS LIKE SO RACIST!

Its ancient history man, nothing to do with what you have in mind, get over it

dude, if it was based on actual historical events then i'd understand. but the movie had goblins and orcs and 10 foot tall god-kings and other fantastical shit. so the movie is fiction, not part of ancient history. all they did was was loosely base it on the battle of thermopylae. but the fact that they showed persians and blacks allied and in the same boat with evil zombies, monsters, and demons would definitely stroke negative racial connotations.

what one of your fellow greeks said:

Greek critic Dimitris Danikas criticized the movie for showing Persians as "bloodthirsty, underdeveloped zombies," and went on to say, "They are stroking [sic] racist instincts in Europe and America."

I saw this last night.

What wasn't good was some jerk thought it would be an appropriate movie to bring his 5 year old kid and baby to.

Shit.

saw black snake moan last week. mom had two young kids in it like 6-8yrs old. i could not fucking believe it.

anyhow, saw it last night...the movie had me in the first 3 minutes when Leonidas chest kicks the spade into the pit....

this is one movie you can watch by yourself and not feel like a loser.

This is an essential movie for any boy/man who feels as if he is turning into an emo fag.

How does watching a movie by oneself make one a loser?

Did anyone else get the vibe that the movie was a really long, good, army recruitment movie?

Did anyone else get the vibe that the movie was a really long, good, army recruitment movie?

I havent watched it but it would make sense seeing as how a lot of quotes from Herodutus, especially the chapters involving the battle of Thermopoli, are still used in within the army regime.

i remember the femi-nazis in the theater clapped during that scene in 300... well i don't wanna spoil it so to be vague -- when some lady stabbed somebody.

but it wasn't like a happy clap, they were angry "you go girl, men are pigs" claps.

this happen where i was at too.

All in all the movie was fucking dope.well worth the wait.The visuals and cinematography were on the next level.Theyre wasnt realy a story line.But then again if you were expecting a story line and a real deep plot to this movie then you realy must not have read the novels.And they deffinantly were on point with the novel, word for word and picture by picture.And if you looking for historical facts read this http://www.amazon.com/Thermopylae-Battle-That-Changed-World/dp/1585675660/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-4970265-8274408?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173645104&sr=8-1

" Did anyone else get the vibe that the movie was a really long, good, army recruitment movie?"

It's funny, I was thinking that to, but at the same time I didn't want to upset the mood of the movie. Which was fucking amazing.

I seen this last night, went to Loews on 62nd street, tried to see this bad boy in IMAX, but that was sold out until MONDAY! Which sucks but oh-well.

This movie was one of if not the best movie i've ever seen. The music was perfect, the fight scenes were amazing, and the amount of quotes you can steal from this movie was ENDLESSS....

How does watching a movie by oneself make one a loser?

I have wondered this myself. As a teenager we'd always hit the movies in packs, and a lot has to do with teenagers generally being insecure and concerned about "what other people think." I remember I made a thread here a while back about seeing a movie by myself and some rebellious insecure teenage bodypiercing fag talked about how loserish it is. I asked him what makes it loserish and he didn't have an answer. But once you start to grow up you usually don't care. If you happen to be by yourself and you have time to see a movie, then go see it. You don't have to call up your boy cuz you're worried about what people think. But I did see 300 with some other people.

This is an essential movie for any boy/man who feels as if he is turning into an emo fag.

Agreed. Definitely a lot of celebration of masculinity, manhood, and courage despite being against all odds.

I guess that's why the feminists in the theater I was at were clapping so angrily when the queen stabbed the guy. There was too much testosterone in the film and they were getting anxious for a shift.

i mean shit, we didnt go to see that movie for the impressive acting, we went to the movie to see mother fuckers get owned for like an hour straight, and the movie served that purpose very well

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

AND AFTER THE MOVIE I DID LIKE 200 HUNDRED SIT UPS BECAUSE IT MADE ME FEEL LIKE SHIT. FUCKING SMASH ON ALL 300 OF THEIR 10 PACK ABS.

AND ARE YOU ALL SLEEPING ON THE ORACLE??????? SMASH WITH MY NONEXISTANT PENIS!