the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I always crack up when they hold their breath. shit is hilarity.

haha yeah. and today to even top off YESTERDAY, i was at a squat rack next to this dude attempting 5 plates on each side (495lbs with bar) who failed miserably. watched the guy just BARELY do 4 plates on each side, so i don't know what made him think 5 was a good idea.

i try not to stare at people but i really can't help it when i see dumb shit, or people attempting ridiculous weights.

also, leg workouts totally suck when you have to poop.

9/10 of the retards in the gym can't squat to depth with their bodyweight.

Then these same retards load the bar to 135 and do 1/8th range of motion reps.

Fast forward to adding two more 45's to the bar and repeat same range of motion.

Keep adding 45's until the 1/8th range of motion becomes a knee buckling jerk.

YEAH, BR0 I JUST BEASTED OUT 495 FOR REPS ASS TO GRASS.

LIGHT WEIGHT, BABY.

Please go.

my first tip is to browse this 112 page thread.

second tip is if you're just focusing on your upper body and only have a curl bar, you can do stuff for biceps like standing bar curls, preacher curls, or spider curls.

triceps - skull crushers, french presses standing sitting or inclined. i like inclined the most.

forearms - barbell wrist curls, reversed barbell wrist curls

that's just stuff you can do with that curl bar. there's plenty of other stuff you should do that wouldn't involve that bar, like different pushups, pullups/chinups and ab stuff.

third tip is just join a gym if you're trying to get in shape. you will accomplish more at a gym than you will at home with no equipment

To keep a workout log or not to keep a work out log, that is the question.

Got back into routine this week, feels good. Trying to decide how to proceed.

Just keep one. It doesn't have to be insanely detailed. Just pick a program and keep track of your progress. Add notes if needed. If you don't you'll end up forgetting, losing track and eventually stalling. Everybody stalls, but if you have a record, you can figure out where and how you stalled and make an educated attempt at beating it.

I'm tyring to get in shape, its not like I'm fat or anything I'm 6'4, 180. Just trying to get tone.

Any advice?

I'm also mainly just focusing on my upper body. Also dont have any access to any weights or anything, but i do have a curl bar with 50lbs on it.

Tone does not mean anything.

You are trying to build muscle.

Focusing on your upper body alone is pretty stupid.

Do you have a disability?

Why wouldn't you work the entire thing?

Join a gym and fucking squat/deadlift/bench/military press and then afterwards add on your curl bar activities.

Also, 6'4" @ 180 is skinny as fuck.

You need to eat a few pounds of beef daily and squat like whoa for about 6 months.

PS-This guy's videos are funny:

i kinda hate when people say they don't wanna "get bigger" they just wanna get more fit. what does that even mean? losing fat and maintaining the same strength? bonerz. maybe it's because i have been struggling to "get bigger" for the past 3 years.

I used to say dumb shit like that.

I think it comes from ignorance to how this shit works.

Like when retards say I wanna get abs, so how many sit ups should I do?

Or they just hear girls say they don't like guys that are too big and base their goals off that.

What they fail to realize is that those girls mean they don't like dudes as big as Ronnie Coleman.

They also fail to realize that just because you weigh 180 pounds doesn't mean you have anywhere near that much muscle if you are untrained.

180 pounds of lean mass is pretty good for a natural dude and takes a long time to develop.

Brb, gonna workout for 6 weeks and get ripped.

People are fucking morons.

How much are you eating daily to make yourself bigger?

I'm on like 4000 calories a day and it hurts to get it all down sometimes.

SELF CONSCIOUS FAG^

Are you somehow trying to imply that you don't care how you look?

GTFO.

I haven't been in here in a while. Since my last post I started eating in line with the Target Keto Diet (TKD), I quickly lost about 8kg but also about 10% of my strength. I am only now just matching, or passing, my lifts from about Nov '11. Despite the drop, I'm still pretty happy with the results as my lifts are now higher as a percentage of bodyweight.

Current stats.

BW-101kg

OHP-80

DL-210

BP-140

SQ-160

Lets see your lifts boys!

How much are you eating daily to make yourself bigger?

I'm on like 4000 calories a day and it hurts to get it all down sometimes.

i can't say for sure how much i average, but i always try to shoot for over 3000 calories. i should do what you're doing, around 4,000, but i really just can't stomach bigger frequent meals. in fact i hate feeling full and bogged down. my work schedule kinda fucks up any diet consistency too, because it's all over the place. been using a mass gainer (optimum nutrition pro complex gainer) and somehow have been at the lowest weight i have been in a while haha. that shit does nothing for me. i think my metabolism is just kinda crazy. but up until about this month i think i've actually been overtaining, so now im on a one day on, one day off, one day on, etc schedule where each part is getting the adequate 48 hours of rest. seeing how it goes.

before, i was doing days like chest/shoulders then arms the next day. that's kinda dumb and how your body gets overtrained because you're already working your arms a bit by doing chest/shoulder stuff. so it's better to take the next day off.

You HAVE to count calories to know if you are eating enough.

Estimating it is a bad way to go because people always overestimate how much they eat.

Excess calories is the only way you will grow.

Overtraining is not happening to you.

That takes months of steady overload to even reach that and pretty much only happens to elite level athletes and has to do more with the CNS than anything.

You just need to eat more.

I'm suprised just how many people are on either human growth hormoone or anabolic steroids.

Find a new gym champ, roid gyms are bad news, or good news if you like amphetamines, bikies and other dodgy behaviour. Once a gym gets a rep as a roid gym it can take a long time to shake

i think there's a few guys at my gym who probably do steroid cycles, and honestly i don't see the big deal. if someone is regularly doing bodybuilding competitions, then why not. i wouldn't say i know a ton about steroid usage but i do know that it's not like guys take them and just get jacked. there's a shitload of training involved with any competing bodybuilder, roids just kinda enable them to work out twice as much by faster recovery. not something i'd consider but for those who do i can't say i give much of a shit. or at least i don't think it's any more stupid than guys who drink a lot or do other drugs.

^^THAT.

Who gives a fuck?

Reputation as a roid gym...LOL.

I couldn't care less as long as the place is useful and the regulars aren't dicks like in 99.9% of gyms.

Fucking curlbr0s in front of every mirror doing 200 sets of curls supersetted with shrugs is nightmarish compared to some big dudes that know how to train just juicing and going about their business IMO.

Caring about people using steroids is a sure sign that you don't really know anything about them and believe everything you see on the news.

Also, it's not like you're gonna walk in the fucking bathroom and see dudes jabbing themselves with syringes right after a workout and going into some PCP HULK ROIDRAGE.

Roid gym...LOL.

word, and to be honest i think the idea of a "roid gym" appeals more to me than a gym like fucking planet fitness or any other bullshit yuppie place, assuming those dudes on roids are actual bodybuilders (as they tend to be). legit bodybuilders are the types of people i want to work out around at a gym and will learn the most from, not fat moms or people who get intimidated by any sign of hard work/energy, and especially not shrugged out br0-br0's like gasface just described.

Yeah, they have to be legit/knowledgable dudes though.

You also have to be wary of emulating the way dudes on anabolics train, because they can do almost anything and stay lean and grow at the same time.

I mean they still have to work their asses off to grow optimally, but doing what they do won't get you the same type of gains at all.

The intensity of the gym would probably be great though.

Curlbr0s...I hate them so much.

I've been tempted to use a cheat codes like that, but decided against it not only because of the side effects but its not sustainable.

That whole curlbr0 shit is a sub-culture, and the majority of women (that i've talked to and observed) aren't into it, its the curlbro/party girls that love it. In my opinion they're not attracted to it on a primal level, nor do they associate it with a sign of optimal health they like it the same way a graff groupie all of a sudden develops an interest in a guy when they find out he paints rap letters.

I dont know i explained my observation very well.