the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

anyone ever go through huge plateaus of not progressing in max weight? be it for chest (like regular bench presses) or squats, arm stuff, or whatever really. i notice results in pretty much all weight lifting exercises i do for each area, but the one thing that i really haven't brought my max weight up in way too long is regular flat bench pressing. the shits wack and discouraging

^^LAWLZ.

anyone ever go through huge plateaus of not progressing in max weight? be it for chest (like regular bench presses) or squats, arm stuff, or whatever really. i notice results in pretty much all weight lifting exercises i do for each area, but the one thing that i really haven't brought my max weight up in way too long is regular flat bench pressing. the shits wack and discouraging

There are shitloads of articles on this on TNATION and sites like that.

You might need to change your programming, deload, vary some other shit...

I don't know.

Find an article by an expert.

I hate bench pressing.

bench is the slowest progressing exercise of the big lifts for sure.

where are you failing? bottom, top, middle? im weakest off the chest, and cambered bar presses have really helped me. floor presses and board presses also fix sticking points. this is assuming you arent over training, are going all out, etc.

Low carbing is almost a fucking joke for me to attempt. All bread everything with the pasta bandana

But yes I am. Just through whole grains and not cutting it out all the way. Doing that would be heresy in the eyes of my Mimi (grandma)

I honestly dont even know how you are having troubles with energy without carb intake

I do low carb (>100 grams/day) almost always.

Sometimes I eat some pizza or have a few beers or whatever, but 90% of the time I eat meat and vegetables.

You get used to it.

I prefer it.

I'm rarely zapped for energy and never feel lethargic after I eat.

It only takes about a week to adapt to it.

And don't just cut them out completely at first.

Just ween yourself off them.

It's not for everybody though.

Had a good back day yesterday, i started doing rack pulls a few weeks ago, got 135x10, 225x10, 315x10, and then 385x5. Havent deadlifted in a while though, not sure which i like more.

Also anyone know a good solution for stretch marks? I've got nasty ones all over my bi's, tri's and lats. Looks like someone cut me open.

• Like 1

Stretch mark scars are pretty easy to tell apart from battle wounds, br0.

I had them near my arm pits for some reason a few years ago.

I rubbed cocoa butter on them a lot and eventually they went away.

I'm not sure if they went away on their own or if the cocoa butter helped.

Try it out.

#NOTBLACKONER

Crisis-Busted my hand the other day pretty bad playing Australian Football (AFL-Google it)

NO SURFING, MOUNTAIN BIKE, AFL or work(cook) which is what I usually enjoy doing=I'm losing my fukn mind, drinking fuckloads, eating the shittest food ever, watching movies, sketching and wasting time on youtube, blogs, oontz, etc all day.

What the fuck should I do? I've never been a runner but I can't think of fuck all else to do to stay active and semi sane?

Any suggestions or whatevs will be propped and good karma will rain down on yo ass

Yeah I've never been a big runner(unless I'm getting chased). Did 4k run yesterday, hills, grass, minimum road. Good to do something, did abs, crunches, bicycle crunches, planks, squats today. Run again tomoz I guess unless I can think of anything else?

in july i weighed in at 226 lbs. today i weighed in at 207 lbs. just been running 3.5 miles 4 times a day, cut out a lot of sugar and started eating healthier. havent cut out fast food completely, but i dont eat it a few times a week like i used to. i probably get junk food once every 2 weeks. i wanna get down to 200 lbs and then start hitting weights.

any ideas on what i should start on?

• Like 1

in july i weighed in at 226 lbs. today i weighed in at 207 lbs. just been running 3.5 miles 4 times a day, cut out a lot of sugar and started eating healthier. havent cut out fast food completely, but i dont eat it a few times a week like i used to. i probably get junk food once every 2 weeks. i wanna get down to 200 lbs and then start hitting weights.

any ideas on what i should start on?

gasfacevictim is going to tell u to do squats.

u should

• Like 1