the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The problem is stone lifting and how sparse the resources are.

Br0, I just did a Google search and found like a fafillion resources. WAT DAFUG R U TALKIN ABOOT?

http://www.dieselcrew.com/articles-pdf/Erik-TrainingForStones.pdf

http://straighttothebar.com/articles/guides/stonelifting/

http://www.totalperformancesports.com/index.php/knowledge/articles/143-westside-and-stone-lifting-by-bob-jodoin

There are just a few.

Stop being and on and off br0 and commit, you bastard.

Pick a program and do it until it stops working and add your stone stuff to it.

And that Wendlercast shit is OLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD as fugg.

Go to his site, breh....

http://www.jimwendler.com/

Also, to any of you he-br0s that are wondering what program you should be doing (YES YOU SHOULD BE FOLLOWING ONE UNLESS YOU ARE AN ADVANCED BR0):

-Consult this fucking chart.

-Pick one of the programs that applies to you.

-FOLLOW THE FUCKING PROGRAM AFTER READING THE DIRECTIONS.

-DO NOT CHANGE PROGRAMS UNTIL IT STOPS FUCKING WORKING.

Or don't and see if I care.

In before:

-but br0, I gotta bad back/shoulder/life

-br0, I just wanna look good with zero work...which program does that?

-br0...which program will give me abz?

-br0...I did this program for 4 weeeks and I'm not shredded.

jQZG6.gif

Ummm br0... Where's the super advanced??

Just kidding.

No Cali, I don't go to /fit/...

It's cool to realize I was already doing a legitimate workout scheme without knowing it (LeanGains general outline)

I took incognitos advice for a minute from the last page about breaking my workout up into 3 days... Arm day being one of them. But I don't like that too much, because on arm day there aren't any compound exercises.

So, now I'll be choosing one of the above soon, probably from the intermediate category because I have been working out for awhile, just not regularly.

It's cool to realize I was already doing a legitimate workout scheme without knowing it (LeanGains general outline)

I took incognitos advice for a minute from the last page about breaking my workout up into 3 days... Arm day being one of them. But I don't like that too much, because on arm day there aren't any compound exercises.

So, now I'll be choosing one of the above soon, probably from the intermediate category because I have been working out for awhile, just not regularly.

Don't do all that 'one body part per day' bullshit unless you are advanced and on drugs.

As a natural it is best to hit each body part twice per week through compound movements/full body and select single joint accessory shit.

3-4 big days a week and whatever light shit you want to do the rest of the days.

Also, if you aren't sure where you fit in on that chart, you are a beginner.

Intermediate is for people who have been lifting for at least a year and have exhausted their linear gains.

IE-You worked up to a 1.5x-2x bodyweight squat and have stalled and need slower progression.

The intermediate shit will still work, but it will go much slower than if you chose a beginner program and rode it out until it no longer worked.

does anyone here even go to /fit/?

Sometimes.

They have a great sticky full of info.

That and the shit is hilarious.

Casek, I wasn't coming at you with that post.

It was just a general post for whoever was interested, because the same shit gets asked in here over and over.

We need a sticky.

• Like 1

Don't do all that 'one body part per day' bullshit unless you are advanced and on drugs.

As a natural it is best to hit each body part twice per week through compound movements/full body and select single joint accessory shit.

3-4 big days a week and whatever light shit you want to do the rest of the days.

Also, if you aren't sure where you fit in on that chart, you are a beginner.

Intermediate is for people who have been lifting for at least a year and have exhausted their linear gains.

IE-You worked up to a 1.5x-2x bodyweight squat and have stalled and need slower progression.

The intermediate shit will still work, but it will go much slower than if you chose a beginner program and rode it out until it no longer worked.

Sometimes.

They have a great sticky full of info.

That and the shit is hilarious.

Casek, I wasn't coming at you with that post.

It was just a general post for whoever was interested, because the same shit gets asked in here over and over.

We need a sticky.

Eh. I don't have any questions about working out. I've been at it long enough to know what works for me and what doesn't. I've been working on creating a program for myself for a couple of weeks that incorporates all of those things, but haven't been in the mood to sit down and figure out what would be doubling up on specific areas and what doesn't.

Here's what I've come up with so far. I'll explain after.

Clean and Press 10x4

Sandbag Stair Climb x5

Chinups to failure

Reverse Curl 10x4

Curl 10x4

Deadhang 3-5 for 10 seconds each

Wrist Roller 5x

Deadlift 1x5

Shrugs 1x5 (been doing this with the rock recently. Good shit)

and some of the stuff I've been experimenting with

Poundstone Curls 1x100 (empty olympic bar) once every two weeks?

Knee/leg raises from pullup bar

Odd object training (rock/log/sandbag)

walking

dips (removing these and possibly replace with skullcrushers. pressing seems to work my triceps well enough, though)

flat bench/incline bench

I have metal in my left leg from a femur break back in 2001, so no squats.

ouch...howd you break a femur?

p.s. you dont have to answer that.

A friend of mine jumped on my back just goofing off, he tripped me over a stump and all of his weight and my weight went into my left leg, I turned or twisted just the right way and "POW!" like a cap gun shot.

I used to tell strangers who saw me walking with a cane that I was shot or it was a motorcycle accident. Never wanted to own up to the stupidity of how it really happened.

Forgot to add zercher carries into my workout. 100lb sandbag.

• Like 1

Farmer walks are where you just take a couple heavy DB's and walk back and forth, right?

I've done those and loved them, but a lot of times it's hard to find a long enough open space to do them.

I guess I could take the DB's to the indoor soccer field next to the weight room and do them..

There are also specific bars for them.

farmers-walk-handles-h1.jpg

Farmer walks are where you just take a couple heavy DB's and walk back and forth, right?

I've done those and loved them, but a lot of times it's hard to find a long enough open space to do them.

I guess I could take the DB's to the indoor soccer field next to the weight room and do them..

You don't really have to walk with them if you don't have space.

You can just do holds for time.

Same shit.

I always hoped that you would stop posting here. That you'd go outside, play a sport, find a girlfriend. I have this fantasy, you see. That one friday night I would be out on the town and stop by this little bar to grab a pint, and I'd see you there with a 5/10. I'd recognize you by the squats and oats. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor I to you, but we'd both know... that you'd moved on. Instead you sit with your damned laptop fapping to HNNG threads and crying about feels.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I picked up a kettlebell last week. It's a nice change from the normal lifts and damn does it

make you feel it.

monkey army for life.

started doing the same thing. can't wait to get a bit more fluent with that stuff but im scared of breaking mirrors at my gym, so i'll probably just buy some of my own kettlebells in the spring and workout in the yard.

speaking of which, this dude runs a cool place in my area...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urrQGruxP8Y

This isn't the bodybuilding thread or whatever but this guy (Kai Greene) benches 220kg like it ain't no thing

Then drops to 180, 140 and 100 all for more than 4 reps

Probably seen this shit before but it always motivates me to get stronger

This is also a good link to watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1pjY1mDAa8&feature=related