the un official workout thread

podrido

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

are squats on the smith machine really that useless? i didn't watch the vid, but since i moved to a new apt, the gym there only has a smith machine for me to do squats. i still feel it, but should i just avoid it and just do squats w/ dumbbells in my hands? (i used to do squats w/ just a bar and plates..so i know what it feels like)

the guy told you in the video....''smith machine squats are like non alcoholic beer... fucking useless.''

hahaha.

but seriously, you cant proper form if you are trying actually push alot of weight. you are going to hurt yourself. i did it. and i thought i was god doing squats on a smith machine for a time.

that being said... if you dont have a squat rack/power rack, you are better off doing smith machine squats than not doing them at all i guess. i would probably keep the weight fairly light and go for hypertrophy instead of strength.

does the eas really have a lot of cholesterol in it?

i need to check the back later on now. :(

i chose it because its got a good amount of protein per serving, and low calorie count.

those champion nutirion protein packets are pretty good too...but mad expensive!

are squats on the smith machine really that useless? i didn't watch the vid, but since i moved to a new apt, the gym there only has a smith machine for me to do squats. i still feel it, but should i just avoid it and just do squats w/ dumbbells in my hands? (i used to do squats w/ just a bar and plates..so i know what it feels like)

I was told if you do squats on the smith machine you're suppose to have your heels where your toes would be if your standing straight up. In other words, have your feet more forward than anything else, once you have the weight unlatched, so you're kind of leaning back against the bar. Everything else you do the same.

Aaaand.. are you still getting anything out of a particular exercise if your muscles aren't sore the next day?

You are as long as you are still making gains!

Starting Strength has you squatting 3 times a week, so I found my legs didnt really get sore. But my squat more than doubled.