the un official workout thread

podrido

i used creatine on cycle for about 8 months in combination with whey protein, fish oil, and a bit of other stuff, no stacker type shit tho.

i liked how i felt and looked, but i don't know how much that was the creatine and how much was just being really committed to working out. my farts didn't change when on it.

all in all, i don't think i'll use it again.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i used creatine on cycle for about 8 months in combination with whey protein, fish oil, and a bit of other stuff, no stacker type shit tho.

i liked how i felt and looked, but i don't know how much that was the creatine and how much was just being really committed to working out. my farts didn't change when on it.

all in all, i don't think i'll use it again.

there are no side effects from using creatine, from what I have read, so why not take advantage of using it. I love the stuff. Take it with Grape juice for best results.

just drink alot of water on creatine. if you havent ever taken it, you can get some cramps from it

fist makes a good point... im not sure if its the supplements that actually work or if its from a mental psych out from taking the supps then working out harder. you do see some 'pumps' with creatine and you definitely get more energy from some nitric oxide supplements. i havent taken any supplements for about three months. im gonna go back onto creatine and white flood here soon and see what happens

there are no side effects from using creatine, from what I have read, so why not take advantage of using it. I love the stuff. Take it with Grape juice for best results.

it depends what your goals are.

i'm a climber and a mountain biker. water weight is unnecessary weight in both those sports. i'm more concerned about having functional muscle mass than 'for show' muscle mass.

if your goals are about having a beach body, or what have you, then yeah, go for it.

having muscles pumped with water doesn't make you stronger, and in reality will slow you down in certain sports.

i'm a climber and a mountain biker. water weight is unnecessary weight in both those sports. i'm more concerned about having functional muscle mass than 'for show' muscle mass.

if your goals are about having a beach body, or what have you, then yeah, go for it.

having muscles pumped with water doesn't make you stronger, and in reality will slow you down in certain sports.

Ah gotcha, ya I'm a tall skinny ass motherfucker trying to look bigger so it definitely works for me.

fair enough.

all this being said, when i was on creatine and protein my weight jumped about 10 pounds over 4 months. then another 10 pounds in 6 months after quitting creatine.

i've been able to mostly maintain that with increased caloric intake and consistent protein levels.

(up til july-november's afghani desert heat where i lost about 12 pounds due to completely diminished appetite due to heat, trying to put it back on now so i don't go home too skinny for the wife)

I'm personally not looking for a beach body, but the water weight adds inspiration.

Creatine gives me a good recovery, as well.

It's probably been brought up before but I'm to lazy to check.

I'm planning on starting p90x and I hear good things but that it's a tough work out. I've been working our for about a month or two and I been getting in better shape but any advice on people who have tried it?

Also nutrition advice what I could eat and drink to have energy through out the day and my work outs. I've already read to eat every 2-3 hours to keep metabolism up. My goals are to get a little bigger as in muscle and get more defined or ripped if you will.

Thanks for the help/advice. If I do pull through I'll stay updated on progress.

PS. Anyone know a good place to get some good dumbbells that will do the job? Preferrably the ones you can change and choose the amount of weight you'd like. Something not very expensive but that aren't bad quality.

P90x is fucking incredible...Just stick to it as best you can at first because its going to bend you over and make you its bitch...guaranteed....But as long as you do the program as directed and dont give up you will see results immediately...honestly almost tripled the amount of pushups and pullups i could do within the first two weeks...I suggest figuring out a good supplement plan as well, I use MetRx Protein (two scoops a day in a shake = 46g of protein) and No2...really really great workout. I highly recommend it. Look on craigslist you can get it brand new in the box for like 75 bucks...and as with any other work out drink ALOT of water....it will help alot

AOD is on some Rocky IV type shit.

I am going into the gym tomorrow and cancelling my membership.

With my recent work schedule and raising a kid, I can't get in there as much as I want to.

Plus I hate the locker room full of old naked weirdos wandering around. That always ruins my day.

So, I bought a bunch of weights, one of those big excercise balls & this:

pG01-6709785p275w.jpg

Perhaps I'll try Watsons link, but my friends who tried p90x say it is too demanding.

i'm not sure about everyone else but planet fitness's are popping up around me like wild fire

they actually have a good deal.. no start up fee, just $20 a month

- use of all planet fitness locations

- unlimited use of massage chairs

- unlimited guest privileges, bring a friend with you for free

- unlimited tanning

so if you always bring a friend, just split the cost

you eventually get billed $40 for an annual membership but that's not till like 6 months in

planet fitness is ok if you dont make ANY noise and want to use machines. the price is good. but the gym is totally pansy. be prepared for lots of curling in the squat rack, strange looks when you hook up your bands to do bench presses, etc. i've been to two planet fitnesses. one basically allowed you to do what you wanted as long as you dont make noise, the other one has a sign that says 'no dead lifting.' enough said.

they dont allow outside equipment, even jump ropes. i've snuck in chaulk, dip belts, a foam roller and bands though. this was at the location that didnt really give a shit about any of this though.. your mileage may vary.

dont forget about the free pizza nights. hahaha. damn planet fitness is hilarious.

• Like 2

Free pizza nights? That a regional thing because I've never caught wind of that hahaha. The times I have gone with a friend they weren't particularly lame about noise. However, I'm also not trying to sound like I'm giving birth through my asshole.

Honestly, I need to follow what you've done AOD with the whole makeshift jerry-rigged equipment.

planet fitness is ok if you dont make ANY noise and want to use machines. the price is good. but the gym is totally pansy. be prepared for lots of curling in the squat rack, strange looks when you hook up your bands to do bench presses, etc. i've been to two planet fitnesses. one basically allowed you to do what you wanted as long as you dont make noise, the other one has a sign that says 'no dead lifting.' enough said.

they dont allow outside equipment, even jump ropes. i've snuck in chaulk, dip belts, a foam roller and bands though. this was at the location that didnt really give a shit about any of this though.. your mileage may vary.

dont forget about the free pizza nights. hahaha. damn planet fitness is hilarious.

sounds like the worst gym ever....no dead lifting?? why?

Free pizza nights? That a regional thing because I've never caught wind of that hahaha. The times I have gone with a friend they weren't particularly lame about noise. However, I'm also not trying to sound like I'm giving birth through my asshole.

Honestly, I need to follow what you've done AOD with the whole makeshift jerry-rigged equipment.

the one near me as free pizza one night a month and free bagels one morning a month.

you can do alot with stuff laying around. my grandfather used to grade the road on his property with that sled thing. dont forget about beer kegs, old cast iron pipe for chin up bars, log sections or 8x8s/railroad ties/telephone cross ties for walking lunges, cinder blocks for 'dumbell' complexes, etc.

i have way more fun doing 'cardio' with this sort of stuff than running on a tread mill

sounds like the worst gym ever....no dead lifting?? why?

they have an alarm that they set off if you 'grunt, drop weights or 'judge.' its like a big police siren.

i kid you not.

i guess it all depends on management. i've heard sometimes they let you slam weights in doing deadlifts, especially when its busy... and other times they have signs against you doing them at all.

they have an alarm that they set off if you 'grunt, drop weights or 'judge.' its like a big police siren.

i kid you not.

i guess it all depends on management. i've heard sometimes they let you slam weights in doing deadlifts, especially when its busy... and other times they have signs against you doing them at all.

Dude that is the gayest thing I have ever heard. It's almost unbelievable. We can throw plates at people for shits at my gym....I've done it. :D

I was really into strength and conditioning back in high school and my first year of college. It's been at least 4 years since i've done anything like a decent workout. Anyway I'm trying to get back on the horse and lose some weight. I've done the whole "I'm getting back in shape" about 10 times since I stopped working out. It's miserable starting all over and I usually don't last longer than a month.

So I'm giving it another go and I need a decent starting workout. I'm not bothering going to a gym until I can get a decent start with cardio and body weight exercises puch ups etc.

Any suggestions on what to start with?

ive jumped back on the work out horse lately. been running at least a mile and riding about 5; 3 times a week at least. lifting light weights with high reps.... like reps of 25-30 depending on what im doing.

basically, im trying to slim down without fasting. im not fat..just out of shape...and the fact that im almost 6'6" allows me to wear weight without it being too noticeable. for some reason...i seem to be putting on more weight. i think i need to stop drinking protein shakes. somebody point me in the right direction for slimming down. i just cant afford to be breaking skateboards left and right this summer. oh yeah...and im trying to get pop like im 19 again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So... i been using a machine similar to this

chest_press2.jpg

Usually throw about 100 lbs on each side and do 2 reps of 15 then take 100lbs

off and push it as many times as i can. Usually around 30.

Someone left 100lbs on the bench so i figured. What the hell. Big mistake.

Forgot to factor in gravity i guess. So basically i ended up looking like a punk

and almost died. I really dont want to be that guy that can only bench 75lbs

and i realize the only way to not be that guy is to put in the work. In doing so i

need to incrementally work my way up to acceptable weight and be that guy

struggling over 75lbs.

just a reminder....you are going to the gym for your personal results. so if it takes using light weight....so be it. muthafuckers at the gym look at me funny because im almost 6'6" and weight 250.....then they see me push no more than 70 pounds on any machine. then again im doing 3 reps of 25. if i pushed maximum weight everytime i went to the gym...id end up looking like debo.